INTRODUCTIONS THREAD: Newbies and oldbies welcome

This forum is for threads of general content. Feel free to post anything you wish (within reasonable boundaries, of course).
Cloud Strife
The Original Cloud Strife

Re: INTRODUCTIONS THREAD: Newbies and oldbies welcome

Post#11 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:23 am

Well. Where do I begin. I come from a long time ago. When, or who isn't important. The things I have seen this place do since my time have amazed me. The fact that this site has stood the test of time shows how just a few people with love for a game can do. Whereas, during my travels of the interwebs have brought me to many forums since my mishap here, none of them could capture what this place provided me. Neither of them stood the test of time.

During my rookie years of the internet, and forum manners or etiquette for other human beings I lacked at that time in life. I hurt alot of people, disrespected alot of people and ruin some people's life's perhaps. The deepest regret will never be able to be expressed in words here. For it merely wouldn't be believed. I'm twenty eight years old, and this place has helped me in alot of ways during my travels as an adult. You helped mold me for other forums. You took my forum virginity. And, I dunno if people will ever forgive me, or if they even come here anymore.

My grammar, sucked ass back then. Or so Cyrus said. During that time, I HAD no idea about some of the stuff you older netizens were spewing about. But in time I learned. Perhaps alittle too late. I just lurked during the years to come, too ashamed to come back. Too ashamed to be called an evil heartless bastard. Which in reality isn't true. But my actions spoke louder than words. For that I will always be ashamed and sorry can't change the past. I wanna say sorry to so many who trusted in me, and believed in me and I let down. I want to remain a shadow because I don't want to be thought of as a monster. And remembered for my infamous ways, even though there is no way to escape that.

The people I came to wonderful forum with some fourteen years ago. Are no longer my friends. I brought them here to enjoy this wonderful place I found. They left after the chaos and it didn't bother them what happen. It just bothered me. Perhaps that is guilt. I seen everyone as family before what happen had happened. I just wish I was more mature and maybe the past could have been written different.

Thank you to President Shinra aka Zack, Cyrus Dogstar, Ambigore for this amazing site. Some other names really escape me it's been so long. And the one person I wish I could personally, have an heart to heart with and say this to them, with deep, deep regret. Is Chibi Taryn. I am so sorry about what I did. I never wanna hurt anyone like that again. Chances are, after this post you guys will no longer hear from me again. But here's to another 15 years. Citadel, I love you and miss you more than you will ever know. Thank you for all the memories, and I'm sorry for everything. I'm glad I didn't tarnish the legacy.

SOLDIERofficer81

Post#12 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:33 pm

Slim Kracka wrote:I want to remain a shadow because I don't want to be thought of as a monster. And remembered for my infamous ways, even though there is no way to escape that.
Slim, no. Absolutely not! It doesn't have to be like that. I learned my lesson from the Citadel. Before I though it was cool to be a shithead to everyone. But I was alienating the people I wanted to be my friends. The Citadel taught me to be a kinder, gentler driver on the Superhighway. It's not too late for you to start fresh! It's never too late!
"Let us never miss a step. May we never lose our friends. This is our home, our haven, our Citadel."
Citadel denizen since October 5, 2000 | SOLDIER's Final Fantasy VII Messageboard

Cloud Strife

Post#13 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:39 am

SOLDIERofficer81 wrote:
Slim Kracka wrote:I want to remain a shadow because I don't want to be thought of as a monster. And remembered for my infamous ways, even though there is no way to escape that.
Slim, no. Absolutely not! It doesn't have to be like that. I learned my lesson from the Citadel. Before I though it was cool to be a shithead to everyone. But I was alienating the people I wanted to be my friends. The Citadel taught me to be a kinder, gentler driver on the Superhighway. It's not too late for you to start fresh! It's never too late!

Well, you are right. It doesn't have to be that way for some people. I been given a fresh start, numerous times. If you knew who I was, or if anyone did. It'd be pitchforks and torches, and the classic, ban him, he's not suppose to be here. Nice try. But I was feeling nostalgic yesterday, haven't lurked in awhile, and decided to be the grown up person I've come to be. Not that it matters, the majority of oldbies are gone anyway. And besides I've seen over the years what people said about me in the citadel meetup threads. And it's cool, I deserve it. But, what can you do. Can't rewrite history.

Ultimate Fantasy

Post#14 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:58 am

Well you never know what people will say of you. Being a dick at the time may amuse you but later on it may make you regret your actions. Unless you went under a different username while I was here I never knew you but sod it who cares now. To be honest my biggest regret if how dead this site has become as it was effectivley my intro to the wild world in the internet :LOL:

I probably like FF14 too much

ikki

Post#15 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:02 pm

Yo, I'm new...
I just got in with FFVII, and I gotta say that it is good..
Hope this forum is as good as FFVII too..

Cloud Strife

Post#16 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:41 am

I did go under a different username. I went by [b]Cloud . Some say infamous, I've even had people say I'm famous. I don't think so much so but I wrapped myself up in such idiotic turmoil that was generally a huge misunderstanding. One that never posted a threat on any forums I have been involved in. That's neither here nor there, but actions AFTERWORDS is what sealed this fate for me. Some say it doesn't matter, but in reality it only matters for one reason, I messed up an amazing shot at an amazing place. A place now that just seems to be a barren wasteland, one of the main people, Chibi Taryn has accepted my apology, one person who I thought would not. I wish everyone of the Oldbies could come back and accept my apology. Even if it doesn't mean a damn thing or even if you don't, just so much as you see my regret and my resolve for my actions. No matter how many rights they will never fix the wrongs.

Not sure what this could really do. Perhaps maybe I will be banned again. After all, I'm banished. Thanks Citadel for the memories, no matter how tainted they are.

Uncle Elmonesian

Post#17 » Sat May 18, 2013 8:48 pm

An intro thread? Hmm...
Firstly blame Apple's predictive text for my (new) name, my iPad added the 'nesian' bit for some reason. Perhaps it was getting back at me for asking Siri compromising questions... I digress.

I notice people have started their intro on how they found the Cit.... well the Cit found me. Ambi founded the Citadel as a site to host his theories in the 'Great Sequel Debate' of 1998. I disagreed with him but told him how to make Frames in HTML when he asked. (In previous times I took the credit for 'co founding' the Citadel, but that's like saying that the neighbour who lent you his lawnmower is responsible for the awesome garden party you then hold in it. ) I was then webmaster of the Cit for a while, off and on, admin of the mb, mod on the site, site librarian and general dogsbody.
So....yep, I'm an oldbie. If I was an arrogant tosspot I'd call myself YHE THE Oldbie...with Ambi of course. :) I'm not though.
Up until a couple of years ago I visited the Citadel every day, never posted but visited it... that's every day...for nearly 14 years. From ITW and onwards....so yep, the site meant a lot to me.

Now I'm a 33 year old Supported Living Services manager, I even have a mortgage, imagine that!

BCloud/Slim.... let me be frank. I don't remember you. There were so many of you back then, you've all melded into one in my head. I'm axtually Facebook friends with Piccolo nowadays which is weird. I suppose the point I'm trying to make is...back then what we were doing seemed important...it seemed like reality itself hinged on the stability of the board, but in the grand scheme of things, it wasnt. I'm sad that some of us have gradually drifted apart. I even tried to set up a Facebook group to bring us back together.
Y'see although what we were up to wasn't important, it was important to US. We thought we'd be friends forever...perhaps we can be friends again.
time will tell.

Hwyl

R. Kasahara
Senpai will never notice you.
Forums Admin

Post#18 » Sun May 19, 2013 3:27 am

Oh hai Elmo, and welcome back! If you want, I can change your name back to the way it used to be ;) Just shoot me a PM.

Uncle Elmonesian wrote:BCloud/Slim.... let me be frank. I don't remember you. There were so many of you back then, you've all melded into one in my head.

The "B" is a typo on his end. That dude is Cloud Strife: multiple bannination recepient, creepy Cyrus Dogstar stalker, pissy roleplayer, and one of the Citadel's Dukes of Drama. You seriously forgot him?! o_O

Cloud Strife

Post#19 » Sun May 19, 2013 5:56 am

Nice to know you still have such a negative view of me still Reeve. Well hello to you too. You do realize people change and perhaps mistakes happen.

After all if so much attention wasn't focused on this stupid IP CRAP that got me banned in the first place because of the deathscythe feud with ambi and cyrus all of this nonsense would have been avoided. But that doesn't excuse my actions.

As for roleplaying it did suck infact. I'm leaps and bounds better than before. Of course none of this matters even your obvious dislike of me is expected. Sure i was the only one who did wrong. i suspect your doing well Reeve. thanks for the welcome mat i know i can't please everyone.

SOLDIERofficer81

Post#20 » Sun May 19, 2013 6:39 am

Elmo, good to see you around!
"Let us never miss a step. May we never lose our friends. This is our home, our haven, our Citadel."
Citadel denizen since October 5, 2000 | SOLDIER's Final Fantasy VII Messageboard

Return to “General Discussion”