Bringing up a child

A place to discuss religious, political and any other serious issues. Those who are easily offended are asked to steer clear.

Moderator: The Slider

Sephiroth9611

Bringing up a child

Post#1 » Wed May 23, 2018 11:55 pm

Cloud Strife wrote:Aside from that, live on my own. 33 years old, no children yet which is a choice my own. I rather have children with someone worth it and well based on my upbringing I don't want to lay down with a woman who will not want to have a two-parent upbringing for my children. From my experiences alone that shit ruins a child. I'm not really wanting to go into that here but I am not opposed to it in say serious discussion forums.

By all means, start a thread! We'll have a talk. There is a lot to be said about how millennials in general have turned out thanks to single-parent homes, being warehoused in daycare, etc.

I'll go ahead and start this thread. Cloud, chime in. Share your experience with as much detail as you are comfortable providing.
Since October 3rd, 2000 | "Quite a thing to live in fear, isn't it? That's what it is to be a slave."

Cloud Strife
The Original Cloud Strife

Re: Bringing up a child

Post#2 » Fri May 25, 2018 1:28 am

Eh. I dunno yet man. Let me think about it. I may post it tomorrow once I get my thoughts together. I know it ties into alot of why I ended up here back in 1999/2000 though.
Last edited by Cloud Strife on Fri May 25, 2018 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sephiroth9611

Post#3 » Fri May 25, 2018 3:25 pm

I think bringing up a child can best be done by a man and a woman who are married and have firm values to pass along to the child.
Since October 3rd, 2000 | "Quite a thing to live in fear, isn't it? That's what it is to be a slave."

Cloud Strife
The Original Cloud Strife

Post#4 » Tue May 29, 2018 10:41 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMzKKREHQgA[/youtube]

like is the embed not working. x_x
Last edited by Cloud Strife on Tue May 29, 2018 10:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Slider
Serious Discussion Moderator

Post#5 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:48 am

The majority of research on the topic shows similar outcomes in children who have same-sex vs opposite-sex parent combinations. I'm not an expert by any means, and haven't personally explored single parent families.

Most likely there would be no correlation related to marriage; I don't see how that specifically is relevant to parenting skills.
aliveonthemoon; deadonthesun

abknight

Post#6 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:45 am

Being raised by your biological father is the single greatest positive developmental factor for children. There's an enormous amount of research and evidence that shows that kids raised by single moms are insanely more likely to have more and worse issues than those raised in a household with their biological mother and father.

The Slider
Serious Discussion Moderator

Post#7 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:00 am

abknight wrote:Being raised by your biological father is the single greatest positive developmental factor for children. There's an enormous amount of research and evidence that shows that kids raised by single moms are insanely more likely to have more and worse issues than those raised in a household with their biological mother and father.

That doesn't surprise me on face value, but I'm curious to also know whether it's single mothers or single parents that have worse outcomes - ie, what is the outcome for a single mother vs a single father. Or are fathers generally that ones that walk out on their children so therefore there isn't a pool to conduct research on.
If you have anything you can point me to, I'd appreciate it
aliveonthemoon; deadonthesun

Return to “Serious Discussion”