FFVII Remake Megathread

Talk about the original FFVII, the Compilation, the Remake, and other spinoffs. SPOILERS abound in here, so be prepared.
R. Kasahara
Senpai will never notice you.
Forums Admin

Re: FFVII Remake Megathread

Post#71 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:25 pm

SOLDIERofficer81 wrote:
R. Kasahara wrote:I actually think this is a good idea, at least from a business perspective. It does throw the question of the world map and exploratory parts of FFVII up in the air, though.
Can you elaborate on that last part, Reeve? Thanks.

If it's episodic, then exploration might be harder to reasonably pull off and whole chunks of the World Map (if there even is one) might be restricted when they otherwise wouldn't be. For example, would Gongaga still be optional? Would it still be possible to go to the Midgar Swamp before entering Kalm for the first time? That sort of thing.

Granted, I haven't played an episodic game in a long time, but the ones I'm most familiar with only allow very limited freedom at best.

Bossanova wrote:http://www.novacrystallis.com/2015/12/cyberconnect-2-developing-the-final-fantasy-vii-remake/

Thanks. Clidus pointed me to another piece there; I'll check them out once I've woken up a bit.
Last edited by R. Kasahara on Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:29 pm, edited 5 times in total.

R. Kasahara
Forums Admin

Post#72 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:25 pm

New Citadel post, with tons of info pulled from various sources: Final Fantasy VII Remake News Roundup

TrueBOSS
The_TrueBOSS

Post#73 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:43 am

Thanks for keeping on top of the info for this game. Idk about all of you but i have mixed feeling about this remake. I just hope they don't ruin this legendary game by focusing on popular gimmicks. I'm glad they want to treat all us hardcore fans with a richer deeper story but I worry about what will be cut to accommodate the remake and/or the battle system. 7 was a game made great by many good things all on one game. Even taking one or two of them away could easily make this remake b movie material if they don't do it right. I suppose i can only wait though.
He's back. He is The_TrueBOSS
Check me and my partners out at: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheTrueBOSSofJupiter

R. Kasahara
Forums Admin

Post#74 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:56 am

Bossanova

Post#75 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:56 am

Each entry will be a full sized game.

Although Square wouldn’t go into too many details—and they wouldn’t say how many episodes FFVII REMAKE will be—they did send over this statement:

It means instead of concluding in one entry, multiple entries are being considered in development. Each entry will have its own unique story. As a gaming experience, each entry will have the volume of content equal to a full-sized game.

My guess is this will eventually be a trilogy.

Bossanova

Post#76 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:39 pm

R. Kasahara
Forums Admin

Post#77 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:08 pm

Bossanova wrote:Each entry will be a full sized game.

Although Square wouldn’t go into too many details—and they wouldn’t say how many episodes FFVII REMAKE will be—they did send over this statement:

It means instead of concluding in one entry, multiple entries are being considered in development. Each entry will have its own unique story. As a gaming experience, each entry will have the volume of content equal to a full-sized game.

My guess is this will eventually be a trilogy.

This news was in yesterday's massive post on the Citadel ;)
Last edited by R. Kasahara on Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

R. Kasahara
Forums Admin

Post#78 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:11 pm

Okay, prediction time! I'm curious as to what everyone thinks will be in Episode One. What I want to know is:

1. How long you'll think it'll be, in gameplay hours.
2. At what point in the FFVII story you think it'll end.
3. What will be cut out.
4. What will be added.

Here's mine:

1. 5-8 hours long. I say this confident in the knowledge that "full sized" can mean wildly different things when it comes to video games; two of the best games I've ever played took me 3-4 and 140-180+ hours respectively.

2. When Cloud falls through the hole in the railing after the Airbuster boss battle. This leaves things with a nice cliffhanger and means that Episode Two will open fresh with the next significant story arc (Cloud meets Aeris).

3. The Beginner's Hall. An episodic game would be a bad place to stick a massive tutorial section, plus it's kind of old fashioned. It would be interesting to see what, if anything, takes its place.

4. Before Crisis retcons. If I remember right, in that (also episodic) game, AVALANCHE was originally secretly funded by Rufus and one of the core members was the daughter of the Turks' leader. I can easily see one of the current members discussing this state of affairs, optional infodump style.

Also, there's Barret's sunglasses, but we already knew this. FFVII-R players will be calling him Morpheus just like FFVII ones called him Mr. T :P
Last edited by R. Kasahara on Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.

TrueBOSS
The_TrueBOSS

Post#79 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:54 pm

1) About 10 hours at max.
2)I'm leaning towards the end of the midgar section either starting episode 2 with entering Kalm or Clouds flashback. (After cloud falls from the fight with airbuster is a good guess too though)
3)Various additions to tie 7 in more with its prequels and sequels. mostly being subtle nods to them.
4)Barret's cursing. (which is one of my favorite parts about him) Also they'll probably change the honey bee inn a bit (I don't think we'll see cloud in a tub with a bunch of muscle heads). Possibly even the context as to whats going on at the don's mansion to make the game slightly more younger audience friendly.

I feel the game is going to be mostly cutscenes and linear gameplay. But thats the part of me that feels they're going to mess this game up.
Last edited by TrueBOSS on Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He's back. He is The_TrueBOSS
Check me and my partners out at: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheTrueBOSSofJupiter

R. Kasahara
Forums Admin

Post#80 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:25 pm

Last edited by R. Kasahara on Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Final Fantasy VII Discussion”