IMPORTANT: Changes for User Registration

Suggestions, feedback, technical support, and general queries relating to the site and/or forums go here.
R. Kasahara
Senpai will never notice you.
Forums Admin

IMPORTANT: Changes for User Registration

Post#1 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:35 pm

Hey all,

We've been having a bad case of the spambots lately. I've upgraded the board software and enacted some security measures, but for the time being, they keep coming.

Therefore, until further notice, I have made it so that new user registrations can only be approved by an administrator, meaning either Clidus or myself. As I check on this board frequently, rest assured that on most days, legit new forum members will be approved within 24 hours of signing up.

I know this situation isn't ideal, but for the time being, this is the best option available to us. Your patience and understanding are appreciated (and thanks for joining our forums!).

ETA: I've also deleted a few older accounts with no posts made that I have suspected of being spambots. If your (legitimate) account was deleted in error, please reregister and I'll get you set up again ASAP. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.

R. Kasahara
Senpai will never notice you.
Forums Admin

Re: IMPORTANT: Changes for User Registration

Post#2 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:06 am

QUICK UPDATE: I will be on vacation (and offline) from tomorrow, June 24 through July 2. I've asked Clidus if he could manage new registrations while I'm gone, but I haven't heard back from him yet (doesn't help that he's recently gone on vacation as well!).

That said, I apologize in advance if anyone registers for this forum while I'm away and doesn't get approved within a timely manner ^^;;; Things will be back to normal from July 3rd on.

Return to “Support and Feedback”