2020 elections and current politics

A place to discuss religious, political and any other serious issues. Those who are easily offended are asked to steer clear.

Moderator: The Slider

SOLDIERofficer81

Re: 2020 elections and current politics

Post#41 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:17 pm

On the subject of ASL, I can only suggest you get as much practice as you can. Is there an ASL club nearby? Or a cafe where Deaf people hang out together all time? Or do you feel comfortable arranging a tutor to practice with?
"Let us never miss a step. May we never lose our friends. This is our home, our haven, our Citadel."
Citadel denizen since October 5, 2000 | SOLDIER's Final Fantasy VII Messageboard

Sephiroth9611

Post#42 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:42 pm

I agree with SOLDIER, the best way to learn is immersion.

Biden is in. His handsiness hasn't eaten him alive yet. Hmmm. But will he survive being old, white, and having a penis? Time will tell I expect.
Since October 3rd, 2000 | "Quite a thing to live in fear, isn't it? That's what it is to be a slave."

abknight

Post#43 » Fri May 10, 2019 4:55 am

Biden is as creepy and perverted as they come. I think the country could have benefited from Ron and Rand being in charge for a couple terms, each. The smaller the government, the better. I go with the candidate most likely to leave me alone the most and who has a legitimate chance of winning.

Sephiroth9611

Post#44 » Fri May 10, 2019 3:41 pm

abknight wrote:Biden is as creepy and perverted as they come. I think the country could have benefited from Ron and Rand being in charge for a couple terms, each. The smaller the government, the better. I go with the candidate most likely to leave me alone the most and who has a legitimate chance of winning.

Do you think Ron and Rand would have done any better against The Establishment than Trump has so far? If yes, why?
Since October 3rd, 2000 | "Quite a thing to live in fear, isn't it? That's what it is to be a slave."

SOLDIERofficer81

Post#45 » Fri May 10, 2019 3:48 pm

Sephiroth9611 wrote:
abknight wrote:Biden is as creepy and perverted as they come. I think the country could have benefited from Ron and Rand being in charge for a couple terms, each. The smaller the government, the better. I go with the candidate most likely to leave me alone the most and who has a legitimate chance of winning.

Do you think Ron and Rand would have done any better against The Establishment than Trump has so far? If yes, why?

Let's get down to brass tacks here. Does the tree of liberty need to be refreshed with the blood of The Establishment?
"Let us never miss a step. May we never lose our friends. This is our home, our haven, our Citadel."
Citadel denizen since October 5, 2000 | SOLDIER's Final Fantasy VII Messageboard

abknight

Post#46 » Fri May 10, 2019 6:15 pm

I'd like to think so, but enough money can change almost anything. Trump's greatest asset is having fuck-you money so he's less likely to be bribed into doing things he doesn't agree with.

Sephiroth9611

Post#47 » Fri May 10, 2019 6:44 pm

abknight wrote:I'd like to think so, but enough money can change almost anything. Trump's greatest asset is having fuck-you money so he's less likely to be bribed into doing things he doesn't agree with.

Trump may be a billionaire or whatever, but as one of the bloggers I follow states endlessly, there are trillions at stake for the globalists, the multinationals, the banksters, who own The Washington Establishment. It doesn't matter if Trump or Rand or Ron can't be bribed. The bad guys OWN Congress. They OWN agencies like the NSA and the CIA. What makes you think Ron or Rand could have moved the needle?
Last edited by Sephiroth9611 on Fri May 10, 2019 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

abknight

Post#48 » Fri May 10, 2019 9:10 pm

I don't know that they could have, or that Trump will change anything long-term. The system is probably too corrupt to ever be corrected.

Cloud Strife
The Original Roleplay Creator/Moderator

Post#49 » Sun May 12, 2019 10:34 am

Okay I said I would lurk and only post when I deem it is needed (everyone knows why)

But, the extent of everyone debates, has anyone really sat and really thought it all horseshit? They sit here, drum up support, money, goes on TV, make these dumb ass commercials making all of these empty promises. We are gonna do X,Y, and Z! Change, Make America Great again hoopla bullshit, been the same shit since I been a teen. Only to take office and NOT do any of the stuff they said to get them elected.

And, the lots follow them like sheep blindly. So, my question for all of you, if you know it's bullshit (which if you don't by now, I'm shocked) and hasn't realized it's all horseshit? Democratic, Republican it's not real. It's bout money. It's about fucking us in the ass. (I mean, why is that they get paid a stipend after they leave office for the rest of their lives? (guess where that money is coming from?)

This is why I don't debate, cause they lie to us. And, then we sit here and bicker with each other over lies they are telling us. I'm not sure how we as people stop it cause the people who fund the campaigns aren't us, it's big corporations and shady businesses who want something in an kickback from the elected official. So, anyone who is telling the truth, will really do right by us is edged out by the people with the backing of the money tree and the blind sheep eventually get shat on by the lying pieces of shit. Making it one endless vicious cycle and you guys debate it.

Why?
Last edited by Cloud Strife on Sun May 12, 2019 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sephiroth9611

Post#50 » Sun May 12, 2019 4:27 pm

Cloud Strife wrote:Okay I said I would lurk and only post when I deem it is needed (everyone knows why)

Welcome, Cloud. I went ahead and rearranged your post as it is a bit disorganized. Hope you don't mind.

They sit here, drum up support, money, goes on TV, make these dumb ass commercials making all of these empty promises. We are gonna do X,Y, and Z! Change, Make America Great again hoopla bullshit, been the same shit since I been a teen. Only to take office and NOT do any of the stuff they said to get them elected.

And, the lots follow them like sheep blindly. [...] Democratic, Republican it's not real. It's bout money. It's about fucking us in the ass. (I mean, why is that they get paid a stipend after they leave office for the rest of their lives? (guess where that money is coming from?)

This is why I don't debate, cause they lie to us. And, then we sit here and bicker with each other over lies they are telling us. I'm not sure how we as people stop it cause the people who fund the campaigns aren't us, it's big corporations and shady businesses who want something in an kickback from the elected official. So, anyone who is telling the truth, will really do right by us is edged out by the people with the backing of the money tree and the blind sheep eventually get shat on by the lying pieces of shit.

You seem to have a pretty good read of the overall situation. I think everyone here would agree with you that The Establishment (Republicans and Democrats, the Uniparty, major government organs and agencies, etc.) is corrupted and most of what we see on TV is simply theater to keep the masses in line.

I don't see how you can characterize any part of this thread as bickering. We've been civil the entire time.

But, the extent of everyone debates, has anyone really sat and really thought it all horseshit?

That's what we've been doing, sharing our thinking and our realizations as we've all grown up into adulthood. We've come a long way, from idealistic high school and college kids to adults with responsibilities in the real world who have gained a certain perspective on life.

So, my question for all of you, if you know it's bullshit (which if you don't by now, I'm shocked) and hasn't realized it's all horseshit?

What are you asking here?

Making it one endless vicious cycle and you guys debate it.

Why?

People talk and share thoughts, exchange information. We've been discussing this "vicious cycle" and if it can be broken or not and who might actually have a chance of doing it. It's been a good thread. Kudos to DeathScythe, SOLDIER, Saber, and abknight.

Return to “Serious Discussion”