Is cybering cheating?

A place to discuss religious, political and any other serious issues. Those who are easily offended are asked to steer clear.

Moderator: The Slider

Alexandraleigh

Is cybering cheating?

Post#1 » Thu May 24, 2012 3:45 am

I've been in a long term relationship and am very much in love. But is cybering or having conversations with people online of a perverse nature straying from your spouse?

MetalGhost

Re: Is cybering cheating?

Post#2 » Thu May 24, 2012 3:51 am

Your spouse would be the one best qualified to answer such a question.

Alexandraleigh

Post#3 » Thu May 24, 2012 4:00 am

I'm looking for opinions from experience.

SOLDIERofficer81
Unflinching Android Mode: OFF

Post#4 » Thu May 24, 2012 4:03 am

Alexandraleigh wrote:I've been in a long term relationship and am very much in love. But is cybering or having conversations with people online of a perverse nature straying from your spouse?
I can only speak for myself on this. If my spouse were looking elsewhere for this kind of activity, I would take it as a sign that something is wrong in our relationship, no matter how much we may be 'in love.' Being 'in love' is overrated, in my opinion. Its important. But there are other important things like trust and communication and exclusiveness.
Last edited by SOLDIERofficer81 on Thu May 24, 2012 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Let us never miss a step. May we never lose our friends. This is our home, our haven, our Citadel."
Citadel denizen since October 5, 2000 | SOLDIER's Final Fantasy VII Messageboard

Anguipes
Roleplay Moderator

Post#5 » Thu May 24, 2012 12:26 pm

Are you cybering just for the sexual side, or as an in-character part of an otherwise non-sexual RP? I can't speak for anyone else, but I would find the two very different.

MetalGhost

Post#6 » Fri May 25, 2012 5:12 am

Alexandraleigh wrote:I'm looking for opinions from experience.

And I gave it to you. If your spouse thinks it's cheating, then it's cheating (inasmuch as such a definition should be of immediate concern to you). Whether other people think it's cheating or not is immaterial, your spouses reaction is the only relevant one in this scenario.

Sephiroth9611

Post#7 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:45 am

From a Christian standpoint, yes, cybering is cheating. The objection to the idea that it's cheating is that cybering is harmless Web interaction, but Christ taught us that adultery in the mind is the same thing as adultery with a real person.
Since October 3rd, 2000 | "Quite a thing to live in fear, isn't it? That's what it is to be a slave."

Keefy

Post#8 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:46 pm

MetalGhost had it nailed.

But if you're really looking for direct opinions, I think that since you're asking the answer is probably "Yes, yes it is cheating."

dkaksl

Post#9 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:21 am

SOLDIERofficer81 wrote:[...] there are other important things like trust and communication and exclusiveness.

What? How is exclusiveness so important?

SOLDIERofficer81
Unflinching Android Mode: OFF

Post#10 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:52 am

dkaksl wrote:
SOLDIERofficer81 wrote:[...] there are other important things like trust and communication and exclusiveness.

What? How is exclusiveness so important?

I will repeat that I was speak for myself only. So, exclusiveness is important to me. A part of it is me being a male and I demand exclusive access to the reproductive faculties of my mate (race consciousness stuff)(not that that really matters in this day and age of DNA testing, but it's the principle of the thing). But there are other elements as well, related to the other important things I mentioned. For instance, I see exclusiveness as a sign of commitment (my own emotional neediness).
"Let us never miss a step. May we never lose our friends. This is our home, our haven, our Citadel."
Citadel denizen since October 5, 2000 | SOLDIER's Final Fantasy VII Messageboard

Return to “Serious Discussion”