2020 elections and current politics

A place to discuss religious, political and any other serious issues. Those who are easily offended are asked to steer clear.

Moderator: The Slider

DeathScythe
Antiquated Ska fan

Re: 2020 elections and current politics

Post#51 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:00 am

Sup, Cloud!

But, the extent of everyone debates, has anyone really sat and really thought it all horseshit? They sit here, drum up support, money, goes on TV, make these dumb ass commercials making all of these empty promises. We are gonna do X,Y, and Z! Change, Make America Great again hoopla bullshit, been the same shit since I been a teen. Only to take office and NOT do any of the stuff they said to get them elected.

Of course it is. I've always been sympathetic to the anti-voter's reasoning. And I do question why I do it many elections.

And, the lots follow them like sheep blindly. So, my question for all of you, if you know it's bullshit (which if you don't by now, I'm shocked) and hasn't realized it's all horseshit? Democratic, Republican it's not real. It's bout money. It's about fucking us in the ass. (I mean, why is that they get paid a stipend after they leave office for the rest of their lives? (guess where that money is coming from?)

I follow it because I "hope". I "hope" we can restore functional government through the existing process. Why don't you vote third party?

Making it one endless vicious cycle and you guys debate it.

Why?

Despite finding it all distasteful, you still have your own opinions, and you too, sometimes debate it. This wouldn't be the first time you've opined. And I think that's great.

Yes politics is divisive, sometimes depressing, and many would rather opt out or not talk about it. That's what led to the creation of a separate board for such topics.

Cloud Strife
The Original Roleplay Creator/Moderator

Post#52 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:20 am

I avoid debating. I just removed a life long friend from facebook cause he keeps sharing shit about Trump and ignores the over-glaring idiocy that the man is. Then again, I've cut people off for less. I can't debate something that is so stupid and pointless to debate. It's like talking to a wall sometimes.

It would behoove us if we just fuck the elections by NO one voting for a change. To show and tell we are fed up with the bullshit. I know it won't happen. But, eh.
Last edited by Cloud Strife on Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

DeathScythe
Antiquated Ska fan

Post#53 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:28 am

Facebook tells you a lot of things you don't want to know about people. It certainly affected my relationship with my sister. This is one of the reasons why it is a force for evil.

I think there is value to being able to debate though, and not take it personally but see it as an intellectual conversation. I also think it's cool to want to get along and avoid conflict.

And you're right, at the end of the day, our elections are corrupt and in many ways your vote doesn't seem to matter. I sympathize with those who refuse to vote on principal, because I'm not far off. Instead, I vote, but I "throw my vote away" as my partner calls it.

Sephiroth9611
Of Hidden Rank

Post#54 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:17 pm

DeathScythe wrote:Facebook tells you a lot of things you don't want to know about people. It certainly affected my relationship with my sister. This is one of the reasons why it is a force for evil.

I stay on FB to keep in contact with family. But I think long and hard every time I post, especially if it has to do with myself. Most of my friends on FB are to the left of me. I'm not interested in alienating them every time they post something I disagree with or by posting something that would antagonize them needlessly.
Since October 3rd, 2000 | "Quite a thing to live in fear, isn't it? That's what it is to be a slave."

Sephiroth9611
Of Hidden Rank

Post#55 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:10 am

Double post:

The first Dem debates are over. In conservative circles, Tulsi has made waves, especially after Trump almost attacked Iran the other day.

Tulsi said in response to some guy saying we need to stay in Afghanistan to remain engaged the following: "Is that what you will tell the parents of those two soldiers who were just killed in Afghanistan? Well, we just have to be engaged? As a soldier, I will tell you that answer is unacceptable. We have to bring our troops home from Afghanistan…We have spent so much money. Money that’s coming out of every one of our pockets…We are no better off in Afghanistan today than we were when this war began. This is why it is so important to have a president — commander in chief who knows the cost of war and is ready to do the job on day one."

The Tulsi Effect: Forcing War Onto the Democratic Agenda

A key portion near the end:

Still, there was one more interesting query for the first night’s candidates. What is the greatest geopolitical threat to the United States today, asked Maddow. All 10 Democratic hopefuls took a crack at it, though almost none followed directions and kept their answers to a single word or phrase. For the most part, the answers were ridiculous, outdated, or elementary, spanning Russia, China, even Trump. But none of the debaters listed terrorism as the biggest threat—a huge sea change from answers that candidates undoubtedly would have given just four or eight years ago.

[W]hy, if terrorism isn’t the priority, do far too many of these presidential aspirants seem willing to continue America’s fruitless, forever fight for the Greater Middle East? It’s a mystery, partly explained by the overwhelming power of the America’s military-industrial-congressional-media complex. Good old President Dwight D. Eisenhower is rolling in his grave, I assure you.

Gabbard, shamefully, is the only one among an absurdly large field of candidates who has put foreign policy, specifically ending the forever wars, at the top of her presidential campaign agenda. Well, unlike just about all of her opponents, she did fight in those very conflicts. The pity is that with an electorate so utterly apathetic about war, her priorities, while noble, might just doom her campaign before it even really starts. That’s instructive, if pitiful.

Pat Buchanan wrote in a separate piece that Trump should dump Bolton and hire Tulsi as national security advisor.
Since October 3rd, 2000 | "Quite a thing to live in fear, isn't it? That's what it is to be a slave."

Cloud Strife
The Original Roleplay Creator/Moderator

Post#56 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:37 am

Well maybe we might get someone with some sense for once? Maybe. I won't hold my breath.

Return to “Serious Discussion”