Neon Genesis Evangelion

This forum is for threads of general content. Feel free to post anything you wish (within reasonable boundaries, of course).
Sephiroth9611
Of Hidden Rank

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Post#1 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:15 am

This is on Netflix and I suppose I should buckle down and finally watch it.

Episode One: Angel Attack

All atmosphere and style! Poor Shinji doesn't even get an explanation as to how he is supposed to pilot an Eva. It's like Neo in The Matrix, knowing the way and walking the way. I can buy it in the movie because Morpheus is there to guide us along, but Shinji's father is not much help. :P I suppose we'll learn more. And how exactly is an Eva supposed to battle an Angel. Will Shinji just instinctively know what to do in Episode Two? I suppose we'll find out.

Discussion thread at Metafilter.
Since October 3rd, 2000 | "Quite a thing to live in fear, isn't it? That's what it is to be a slave."

Cloud Strife
The Original Roleplay Creator/Moderator

Re: Neon Genesis Evangelion

Post#2 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:40 am

Why did we include an discussion thread off site? Haha

Sephiroth9611
Of Hidden Rank

Post#3 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:44 am

Episode Two: The Beast

I like the use of flashback to show what happened in Shinji's defeat of the Angel. The time in the hospital was cool. Very dreamlike. I was thinking it was some kind of vision before Rei showed up.

Misato taking Shinji home was funny, even if she seems to have ulterior motives. Chugging beer! Shout out to whomever used that for an avatar picture.

Ikari Sr. as head of NERV heads up both the Evas and whatever this Instrumentality Project is? That guy needs a beating.

Discussion at Metafilter has some good points on the episode. They have some interesting thoughts on the fanservice in the episode and how it's being turned on its head.
Since October 3rd, 2000 | "Quite a thing to live in fear, isn't it? That's what it is to be a slave."

Cloud Strife
The Original Roleplay Creator/Moderator

Post#4 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:39 am

I see.

Sephiroth9611
Of Hidden Rank

Post#5 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:08 am

Episode Three: A Transfer

Oh! A bully taking it out on Shinji. :( And Shinji really is brainwashed. All that "yes, ma'am." He takes out the trash, he does what he's told. To make it easy on himself.

So the first angel came to earth in a meteor that wiped out a bunch of humanity? And the little school boys and girls are bored by it all. Ohhh.

Metafilter discussion

Return to “General Discussion”