Let's share music and act like it's fun

This forum is for threads of general content. Feel free to post anything you wish (within reasonable boundaries, of course).
haaaDo

Let's share music and act like it's fun

Post#1 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:22 am

Hello you sweet sweet boys and girls. Let's have a share music thread.

Just sharing a song is no good though, so we should add rules to it so if we share a song that's bad, someone has to suffer and tell us about it.

So here's how it'll go: person above you links to a song URL that's gotta be easily accessible (I recommend youtube, but whatever URL is safe and common sounds good enough to me). Person can also recommend the mood or what state of mind you should be in while listening to the song--if it's lyrics heavy, if you should be high, or feeling energetic, etc. Hey, I believe context is important! But that doesn't mean anyone needs to care. Haha, people don't care.

Person responding has to give two or more sentences about how that song makes them feel. Do whatever you want with those sentences. It's already horrible enough that you have to make sentences. Hell I've made quite a few already and I already feel dead inside. Good luck jerk.

So share a song, give a little suggestion on how it should be listened. Respond to a song, give a little thought. Then in that response post the next song for the next person.

Since there's just like, 5 PEOPLE HERE WHAT THE FUCK WE'RE NERDS, no shame in sharing with the same person that's responding with you over and over again.

I will go first!

First suggested song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NZuW3Ys578 | (POS: Optimist) -- I'd recommend listening on the road, or in a generally chill/mellow mood.

Cloud Strife
The Original Roleplay Creator/Moderator

Re: Let's share music and act like it's fun

Post#2 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:16 am

This kind of thread could gain traction if we catch up with the times of embedding videos into forums then I may drop some shit.

DeathScythe
Antiquated Ska fan

Post#3 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:35 am

I thought your song was going to be electronica for some reason and was pleasantly surprised.

As soon as I saw it was Rhymesayers I knew I would like it because all their stuff is good. I found it relaxing and it would be good for when one is operating machinery, or high, (preferably not both of those things at the same time). I would listen to this if I needed to be calmed down.

I don't know how to follow. There's a lot of Hip Hop I like but I feel like you'd probably know it all. A lot of it you probably even sent me. I'd rather share something that there's some glimmer of hope that you've not heard, until I switch gears genre ways.

So how about nerdcore hip hop, from the master of the genre?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMgsAD3D948

I would say this song is best listened to whilst fantasizing about being in robot combat, particularly robot combat involving transformations.... or just the nostalgia associated from those childhood memories, for those of you that have grown up.

haaaDo

Post#4 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:40 am

ahhh shit I love this song! I actually saw MC Frontalot at PAX YEARS and years back, he even did his classic "nerdcore can rise up" song at the end. It was fantastic!

This song is actually on my workout playlist so I listen to it on the regular! I FUCKING LOVE IT. Nerdcore is imo the epitome of rap--references, intricate lines, clever rhymes. Rap doesn't always seem to notice how nerdy, and into itself it is. But Nerdcore is so in love with what it actually is. And the BEAT! Also what an amazing line is "y'all can do the treading/swing energy machete/if combination's ready/I'll form the head". UGGGHHH A+ rap that needs way more attention.

(PS I'm halfway through writing you a big ass email but I've been so busy lately bro)

ok I've waffled about the next one. I wanted to go easy on y'all but I really have been feeling this song in my heart lately this is the one I'm sending out:

Frightened Rabbit, Modern Leper -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YJNFGc2Xxc

I saw these guys in concert with a beautiful person. And they rocked! IMO they're who should have become famous instead of Mumford and Sons. Listen with DRUGS!

Return to “General Discussion”