The Batman

This forum is for threads of general content. Feel free to post anything you wish (within reasonable boundaries, of course).
SOLDIERofficer81

The Batman

Post#1 » Fri May 17, 2019 2:41 am

Deadline says it not for sure yet, but Robert Pattinson as the Bat?

https://deadline.com/2019/05/rob-pattin ... 202616908/
"Let us never miss a step. May we never lose our friends. This is our home, our haven, our Citadel."
Citadel denizen since October 5, 2000 | SOLDIER's Final Fantasy VII Messageboard

Sephiroth9611

Re: The Batman

Post#2 » Fri May 17, 2019 8:05 pm

It's been thirty years since Batman '89.

Michael Keaton: a good Batman, a very credible Bruce Wayne with an eccentricity that really worked well. Michael with his style could pull off that psycho quality even without the Batsuit that gives the entire performance an edge.

Val Kilmer: an okay Batman, a credible Bruce Wayne. His Bruce was pretty staid and I don't recall his Batman having any iconic moments like Michael, but overall, he was decent.

George Clooney: :(

Christian Bale: a good Batman. Given how well Nolan used Batman in the shadows, it did hurt Bale as Batman as he really didn't have a moment, though the one at the end with him and Gordon on the roof was probably the best Batman and Gordon moment in the modern era. His Bruce was excellent as far as the party animal type.

Ben Affleck: haven't seen him.

Those two guys in the running I don't see as working. They'd better be willing to put in the time in the gym to bulk up if they think they're going to pull off Batman.
Since October 3rd, 2000 | "Quite a thing to live in fear, isn't it? That's what it is to be a slave."

SOLDIERofficer81

Post#3 » Sat May 18, 2019 6:56 pm

I am reserving judgement on Robert, or anyone else, right now. An actor can sink his portrayal of Batman. But I think it's extremely difficult for an actor to be successful as Batman unless the rest of the movie is quality. For instance, I have read next to nothing negative about Ben Affleck's Batman/Bruce Wayne. But the movie sucked and Ben is out as the Caped Crusader.
"Let us never miss a step. May we never lose our friends. This is our home, our haven, our Citadel."
Citadel denizen since October 5, 2000 | SOLDIER's Final Fantasy VII Messageboard

DeathScythe
Antiquated Ska fan

Post#4 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:00 am

My thoughts on this are that I don't know Robert Pattinson as anything other than a shiny vampire. Which to me means, he might feel like he has something to prove, and this could be one of those career changing performances.

Like how Gangs of New York got men got on board with women about Leonardo DiCaprio.

Ben Affleck's Batman was acceptable, despite all the doomsaying. I thought Christian Bale was weird. But no one was embarrassed by the role other than Clooney.

Return to “General Discussion”