So lets discuss that Sonic trailer...

This forum is for threads of general content. Feel free to post anything you wish (within reasonable boundaries, of course).
Clidus
Site Admin

So lets discuss that Sonic trailer...

Post#1 » Sat May 04, 2019 1:57 pm

Last edited by Clidus on Sat May 04, 2019 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SOLDIERofficer81

Re: So lets discuss that Sonic trailer...

Post#2 » Sat May 04, 2019 2:16 pm

It is certainly something. :D

If I were to see that movie, it would be for the human roles. Jim Carrey looked kind of interesting in the trailer.
"Let us never miss a step. May we never lose our friends. This is our home, our haven, our Citadel."
Citadel denizen since October 5, 2000 | SOLDIER's Final Fantasy VII Messageboard

Clidus
Site Admin

Post#3 » Sat May 04, 2019 2:43 pm

Jim Carrey is certainly playing a typical Jim Carrey role, whether that will work or not I'm not sure.

They did say they are changing his awful design, but I still expect its going to be baaaaad;
https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/m ... -criticism

Sephiroth9611

Post#4 » Sat May 04, 2019 3:22 pm

I was fascinated by Jim Carrey's assistant. The movie is going for a "real life" look for the most part. So everyone looked like real people. And then there was Jim Carrey doing Jim Carrey things and with the hair cut and coat looking out of place. And I was watching that and the interplay between the guy Jim was talking to and Jim's assistant, who looked like a normal guy, with that expression on his face saying something like, "This is my boss..."

Sonic looked bad. This blog post I read yesterday had some good suggestions for a replacement Sonic for the movie. I like number one and two best myself.
Since October 3rd, 2000 | "Quite a thing to live in fear, isn't it? That's what it is to be a slave."

The Real Uncle Elmo
Founder member and Agony Uncle

Post#5 » Sun May 05, 2019 12:32 pm

Oh dear goodness.....it looks Super Mario Bros levels of awesome.

They should have either gone the CGI route and hired Miller and Lord or the Cartoon route and hired the Sonic Mania Adventures team.
"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice." - Scooter

Ex World Record holder.

Return to “General Discussion”