Cobra Kai

This forum is for threads of general content. Feel free to post anything you wish (within reasonable boundaries, of course).
Cloud Strife
The Original Roleplay Creator/Moderator

Cobra Kai

Post#1 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:15 am

The hit sequel to the original Karate Kid movie and it is epic! Has anyone else here experienced it?

Below, is a spoiler to the season finale of season 2, and I'm only sharing it cause of the feels it gives me. I suggest not viewing it until you watch it. It's a youtube original exclusive, which you pay for. You can get a free month trial to actually watch the entire series in its entirety. Or, of course, I have ways for you to watch it for free. However, here it is. The song, of course, is an ode to a song used during the Karate Kid which I always loved. I enjoy they got someone to cover it during the clip and well this ending scene gives me the feels.

Well I can't embed any videos cause the fucking forum's coding is fucking broken. I'm about to contact Reeve about this. Click on the spoiler below, copy and paste the link if you wanna see it. Warning, spoilers afoot (somewhat)

>:[

I am sure I will be asked why the feels hit, if ya watch and want to discuss, I have no issue in explaining it in the following replies.
Last edited by Cloud Strife on Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:24 am, edited 5 times in total.

Sephiroth9611
Of Hidden Rank

Re: Cobra Kai

Post#2 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:12 pm

Season one was excellent! Right up until the finale. I thought the show did not quite stick the landing. Miguel's transition was not fully developed.

I am looking forward to seeing what Martin Kove brings to the show. Time to subscribe to Youtube Red again.
Since October 3rd, 2000 | "Quite a thing to live in fear, isn't it? That's what it is to be a slave."

SOLDIERofficer81

Post#3 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:42 pm

I will get around to watching S2 this week. I am trying to avoid reviews and spoilers. But the bits I have caught all indicate S2 is excellent.
"Let us never miss a step. May we never lose our friends. This is our home, our haven, our Citadel."
Citadel denizen since October 5, 2000 | SOLDIER's Final Fantasy VII Messageboard

Cloud Strife

Post#4 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:26 pm

get on it so we can discuss damnit!

SOLDIERofficer81

Post#5 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:37 pm

Cobra Kai
S2E1

That was pretty cute, picking up where last season left off. The fire at the beginning, classic Cobra Kai! Kreese is an interesting addition. I'm interested in seeing how he changes the dynamics at the dojo. I still don't like Robby much. But the other young characters are cool. Especially Hawk! And I would like to see if Miggy's mom and Johnny become an item this season.

A
"Let us never miss a step. May we never lose our friends. This is our home, our haven, our Citadel."
Citadel denizen since October 5, 2000 | SOLDIER's Final Fantasy VII Messageboard

Sephiroth9611
Of Hidden Rank

Post#6 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:48 pm

Season 2, Episode 1

Very good. I am glad Johnny got on Miguel's case and Miguel seemed to buy into what Johnny is selling this season. Martin Kove's look at the end of the episode says it all. He's up to no good. Robby is pretty bland, I agree. Miguel is the more interesting of the two male young guys on the show. I like how the preview for this season gives the impression Hawk is going to be Kreese's disciple.

And YAY! for the return of Daniel's hot Ford Deluxe! I've been waiting for that.
Since October 3rd, 2000 | "Quite a thing to live in fear, isn't it? That's what it is to be a slave."

Cloud Strife

Post#7 » Wed May 01, 2019 5:30 am

Good good, you guys are watching.

Cloud Strife

Post#8 » Mon May 13, 2019 12:49 am

Nothing change on where you guys are with this?

haaaDo

Post#9 » Mon May 13, 2019 4:34 am

I finished the 2nd season. I thought it was mostly good, it definitely kept me watching. I'm worried that the characters are going to continue to circle the drain, so to speak, until Youtube stops funding the show.

At this point, the two main characters, Daniel and Johnny, are imo artificially at odds. They're just teasing out this tension for the sake of more story. The two characters are so reasonable, and see eye to eye on a ton of things.

I'm happy that I get to see these characters again, but it really frustrates me. I really want things this story to stick a landing, but I doubt that's going to happen. It sucks for me because Karate Kid is one of my all-time favorite movies. I suppose on the upside, even though it's not perfect, and kinda forced onward, at least there's... something to watch.

Cloud Strife

Post#10 » Mon May 13, 2019 4:39 am

This is youtubes highest rated show with a season three already confirmed. They aren't paying for the show, the people making it are. At best Youtube red gots the rights to air it. Moreso, youtube premium is about to be a discontinued service replacing it with ad like commericals so you won't have to pay to watch it.
Last edited by Cloud Strife on Mon May 13, 2019 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Discussion”