Are we dead?

This forum is for threads of general content. Feel free to post anything you wish (within reasonable boundaries, of course).
User avatar
Cloud Strife
The Original Cloud Strife
Posts: 53
Contact:

Are we dead?

Post#1 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:51 pm

where is everyone?

:(
Image

User avatar
Sephiroth9611
Posts: 111
Location: Off-world colonies
Contact:

Re: Are we dead?

Post#2 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:22 pm

How are you doing, Cloud? What's new in your life? Played any games lately? Read any good books? Seen any movies? What do you think of the #metoo campaign?
Since October 3rd, 2000 | "Quite a thing to live in fear, isn't it? That's what it is to be a slave."

User avatar
SOLDIERofficer81
Posts: 137
Location: Mars Federal Colonies
Contact:

Re: Are we dead?

Post#3 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:16 am

We are most definitely not dead. We are patiently awaiting the NEWBIE TSUNAMI. Have faith.
Last edited by SOLDIERofficer81 on Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Let us never miss a step. May we never lose our friends. This is our home, our haven, our Citadel."
Citadel denizen since October 5, 2000 | SOLDIER's Final Fantasy VII Messageboard

User avatar
Cloud Strife
The Original Cloud Strife
Posts: 53
Contact:

Re: Are we dead?

Post#4 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:41 am

Sephiroth9611 wrote:How are you doing, Cloud? What's new in your life? Played any games lately? Read any good books? Seen any movies? What do you think of the #metoo campaign?


I'm doing okay I suppose. I quit my lifelong weed smoking routine back in July to work a better job and make more money. I been doing the weed smoking thing slightly before I joined here back in 1999 when it was still On inside the web as the forums and the site was still hosted on Geocities. Aside from that, live on my own. 33 years old, no children yet which is a choice my own. I rather have children with someone worth it and well based on my upbringing I don't want to lay down with a woman who will not want to have a two-parent upbringing for my children. From my experiences alone that shit ruins a child. I'm not really wanting to go into that here but I am not opposed to it in say serious discussion forums. As far as games go, of course, I have ps4. I have been playing the elder scrolls skyrim, the ff7 game of course. Naruto Ulitmate edition (all the games in HD upgrade), rock band 4 madden 17 and I like a variety of games. Even have shenmue 3 on preorder.

Haven't read a good book in a long time despite me loving to read. I have been really wanting to read 13 reasons why after watching it on Netflix though. The last good movie I actually did see was the new bruce lee movie which was actually pretty fucking good and the last transformers movie. Before that of, course was fast 8 since I am a fan of the fast and furious series. I can't say I know what the metoo campaign is, what is it? I guess I should say the questions you asked me, I would like you to answer in return.


SOLDIERofficer81 wrote:We are most definitely not dead. We are patiently awaiting the NEWBIE TSUNAMI. Have faith.


That is true. I do have faith. I just get extremely nostalgic and every time I come here it just brings back a flood of memories. And, ya know it just sucks that here I am. After all of these years and what I want most is one day from how it was back then with how I am now as a grown mature adult and wish things could be different. I don't know what I miss more because I can't decide about it. I plan to redeem myself here if possible and possibly earn myself back to my former position on staff and mention within the site history since I was a key part to its history despite the huge mistake I made being a childish teenager. Here's wishing.
Last edited by Cloud Strife on Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
Sephiroth9611
Posts: 111
Location: Off-world colonies
Contact:

Re: Are we dead?

Post#5 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:16 pm

Let's do this old school!

Cloud Strife wrote:I'm doing okay I suppose. I quit my lifelong weed smoking routine back in July to work a better job and make more money. I been doing the weed smoking thing slightly before I joined here back in 1999 when it was still On inside the web as the forums and the site was still hosted on Geocities.

Congratulations on quitting. Do you feel as though it was a hard habit to break or was it easy to quit? How do you think being off the weed has affected you? How has it helped you get a better job?

Cloud Strife wrote:Aside from that, live on my own. 33 years old, no children yet which is a choice my own. I rather have children with someone worth it and well based on my upbringing I don't want to lay down with a woman who will not want to have a two-parent upbringing for my children. From my experiences alone that shit ruins a child. I'm not really wanting to go into that here but I am not opposed to it in say serious discussion forums.

By all means, start a thread! We'll have a talk. There is a lot to be said about how millennials in general have turned out thanks to single-parent homes, being warehoused in daycare, etc.

Cloud Strife wrote:As far as games go, of course, I have ps4. I have been playing the elder scrolls skyrim, the ff7 game of course. Naruto Ulitmate edition (all the games in HD upgrade), rock band 4 madden 17 and I like a variety of games. Even have shenmue 3 on preorder.

Haha, I am still on my PS2 and even that doesn't function very well. I do have Steam for Linux which I use to play Crusader Kings II. I have been thinking about tracking down an emulator so I can play FF7. Or maybe I'll just buy a PSX on Ebay.

Cloud Strife wrote:Haven't read a good book in a long time despite me loving to read. I have been really wanting to read 13 reasons why after watching it on Netflix though.

Read more, Cloud. There is so much data out there showing how Google has fucked up our minds. Don't be one of the short-attention-span drones who can't take in info in large segments. The last book I read was Doctor Zhivago, a novel by an author who lived in Soviet Russia. It was pretty good. I've never heard of 13 Reasons. Tell me about its plot? I have been watching more Netflix shows lately. The Crown is awesome. It is a historical fiction series based on the life of Queen Elizabeth II.

Cloud Strife wrote:The last good movie I actually did see was the new bruce lee movie which was actually pretty fucking good and the last transformers movie. Before that of, course was fast 8 since I am a fan of the fast and furious series.

I have never seen any of the movies in either series. :(

Cloud Strife wrote:I can't say I know what the metoo campaign is, what is it?

Are you aware of the Hollywood sexual harassment scandal that is ongoing? Women on Twitter across the country and around the world have used the #metoo hashtag to share that they have been sexually harassed as well.

Cloud Strife wrote:
SOLDIERofficer81 wrote:We are most definitely not dead. We are patiently awaiting the NEWBIE TSUNAMI. Have faith.


That is true. I do have faith. I just get extremely nostalgic and every time I come here it just brings back a flood of memories. And, ya know it just sucks that here I am. After all of these years and what I want most is one day from how it was back then with how I am now as a grown mature adult and wish things could be different. I don't know what I miss more because I can't decide about it. I plan to redeem myself here if possible and possibly earn myself back to my former position on staff and mention within the site history since I was a key part to its history despite the huge mistake I made being a childish teenager. Here's wishing.

All the threads I've started, I urge you to post a reply. Start new threads on interesting topics. Be an agent of change.

Cloud Strife wrote:I guess I should say the questions you asked me, I would like you to answer in return.

Not much new with me. I go to church, I go to language therapy. I try to learn more about my new operating system. Yes, I have made the transition from Windows to Linux and I am very happy. My distro is Linux Mint 18.1. Open source is very cool. I have actually made some things using GIMP, the open source equivalent of Photoshop.
Since October 3rd, 2000 | "Quite a thing to live in fear, isn't it? That's what it is to be a slave."

User avatar
Cloud Strife
The Original Cloud Strife
Posts: 53
Contact:

Re: Are we dead?

Post#6 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:14 pm

Sephiroth9611 wrote:Let's do this old school!

Congratulations on quitting. Do you feel as though it was a hard habit to break or was it easy to quit? How do you think being off the weed has affected you? How has it helped you get a better job?



Never was a hard habit to quit. I have quit before because there was a time in my life I thought it was controlling me and quit because of it. After that experience around the age of 22/23, I determined it will never have a hold on me again. Quitting was rather easy for me. Being off the weed has affected me in alot of different ways. Some people have told me during roleplay (which yes I still do just in the Naruto universe) effects my writing in a not so good way. I dunno, I thought it helped me. It prevents me from spending lots of money to chase a high because of my high tolerence. And, well, I'm able to pass drug test. I get randomed at my job.



[/quote="Sephiroth9611"]By all means, start a thread! We'll have a talk. There is a lot to be said about how millennials in general have turned out thanks to single-parent homes, being warehoused in daycare, etc.[/quote]

I'll definitely make that thread in the next couple days.



Haha, I am still on my PS2 and even that doesn't function very well. I do have Steam for Linux which I use to play Crusader Kings II. I have been thinking about tracking down an emulator so I can play FF7. Or maybe I'll just buy a PSX on Ebay.


Really? So you missed out on alot of good games I'd say. Ps4 is alot cheaper now. you should make the leap. Gonna have to eventually for the remake. However, you can also play with people online as well.


Read more, Cloud. There is so much data out there showing how Google has fucked up our minds. Don't be one of the short-attention-span drones who can't take in info in large segments. The last book I read was Doctor Zhivago, a novel by an author who lived in Soviet Russia. It was pretty good. I've never heard of 13 Reasons. Tell me about its plot? I have been watching more Netflix shows lately. The Crown is awesome. It is a historical fiction series based on the life of Queen Elizabeth II.


I don't think google has fucked up anything any more than the internet may have. So I have to disagree there. It's not more of I don't read it is more of I am a picky reader, honestly. But, here is the plot of 13 reasons why:

Teenager Clay Jensen returns home from school one day to find a mysterious box lying on his porch. Inside, he discovers seven double-sided cassette tapes recorded by Hannah Baker, his classmate and unrequited love, who tragically committed suicide two weeks earlier. On tape, Hannah unfolds an emotional audio diary, detailing the thirteen reasons why she decided to end her life. Her instructions are clear: each person who receives the package is one of the reasons why she killed herself. And after each person has completed listening to the tapes, they must pass the package on to the next person. If anyone decides to break the chain, a separate set of tapes will be released to the public. Each tape is addressed to a select person in her school and details their involvement in her eventual suicide.


I have never seen any of the movies in either series. :(


don't like that kind of movies?


Are you aware of the Hollywood sexual harassment scandal that is ongoing? Women on Twitter across the country and around the world have used the #metoo hashtag to share that they have been sexually harassed as well.


I am aware of it. I am actually wondering how many of the cases are true and how many are just a money grab or set to destroy someone. I am in no way lessening sexual harassment but needless to say I believe it happens to men as well.



All the threads I've started, I urge you to post a reply. Start new threads on interesting topics. Be an agent of change.


Will do.


Not much new with me. I go to church, I go to language therapy. I try to learn more about my new operating system. Yes, I have made the transition from Windows to Linux and I am very happy. My distro is Linux Mint 18.1. Open source is very cool. I have actually made some things using GIMP, the open source equivalent of Photoshop.


How do you feel about going to church? I no offense think it's a crock of shit. And, I used gimp before but compared to photoshop it is pretty subpar. Language therapy? did something happen?
Image

User avatar
Sephiroth9611
Posts: 111
Location: Off-world colonies
Contact:

Re: Are we dead?

Post#7 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:02 pm

Cloud Strife wrote:Really? So you missed out on alot of good games I'd say. Ps4 is alot cheaper now. you should make the leap. Gonna have to eventually for the remake. However, you can also play with people online as well.

Honestly, I never was that much of a gamer. If I hadn't have seen the Final Fantasy VII commercial on TV, I probably wouldn't have ever gotten a PSX and eventually found this place. My interest in games these days is in games like Medieval: Total War and Crusader Kings, which I can play just fine on my PC.

Cloud Strife wrote:I don't think google has fucked up anything any more than the internet may have. So I have to disagree there. It's not more of I don't read it is more of I am a picky reader, honestly.

Google is more a metaphor, though it plays a large part. Being able to search for anything certainly has an effect. As you say, it is the Web. People skimming, clicking links, etc. Check this out from The Atlantic: "Is Google Making Us Stupid?"

Cloud Strife wrote:Teenager Clay Jensen returns home from school one day to find a mysterious box lying on his porch. Inside, he discovers seven double-sided cassette tapes recorded by Hannah Baker, his classmate and unrequited love, who tragically committed suicide two weeks earlier. On tape, Hannah unfolds an emotional audio diary, detailing the thirteen reasons why she decided to end her life. Her instructions are clear: each person who receives the package is one of the reasons why she killed herself. And after each person has completed listening to the tapes, they must pass the package on to the next person. If anyone decides to break the chain, a separate set of tapes will be released to the public. Each tape is addressed to a select person in her school and details their involvement in her eventual suicide.

Interesting premise. So he loved her and she didn't return his love?

Cloud Strife wrote:How do you feel about going to church? I no offense think it's a crock of shit. And, I used gimp before but compared to photoshop it is pretty subpar. Language therapy? did something happen?

Well, I go voluntarily, so i must be getting something out of it, right? ;) I believe in a supreme being and that that being is represented exclusively through my particular Church. Do you believe belief in general is a crock or just organized religion?

Well, I've never used Photoshop, so don't know if GIMP is deficient, but it's certainly a lot better than MS Paint. ;)

I've been deaf for a long time now. I go to therapy and learn sign language.
Last edited by Sephiroth9611 on Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Since October 3rd, 2000 | "Quite a thing to live in fear, isn't it? That's what it is to be a slave."

User avatar
Cloud Strife
The Original Cloud Strife
Posts: 53
Contact:

Re: Are we dead?

Post#8 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:51 pm

Honestly, I never was that much of a gamer. If I hadn't have seen the Final Fantasy VII commercial on TV, I probably wouldn't have ever gotten a PSX and eventually found this place. My interest in games these days is in games like Medieval: Total War and Crusader Kings, which I can play just fine on my PC.


You certainly could widen your interest. But, I understand.


Google is more a metaphor, though it plays a large part. Being able to search for anything certainly has an effect. As you say, it is the Web. People skimming, clicking links, etc. Check this out from The Atlantic: "Is Google Making Us Stupid?"





Yeah, but that was such a vast thing when we were kids or younger. I was bright eyed and bushy tailed so to speak with the net.


Interesting premise. So he loved her and she didn't return his love?


Without giving away details, I'll simply say it's much much more complicated than that.


Well, I go voluntarily, so i must be getting something out of it, right? ;) I believe in a supreme being and that that being is represented exclusively through my particular Church. Do you believe belief in general is a crock or just organized religion?


I believe organized religion is. I mainly think the church with the hell fire and brimstone of being a sinner is going quite to far. I feel like a hypocrite and couldn't be me so I just walked away. I also believe the church is just a way to grab money from people and usher in a form of control over it's people. But, again this is just my belief and feeling on it. To each their own.


Well, I've never used Photoshop, so don't know if GIMP is deficient, but it's certainly a lot better than MS Paint. ;)

Both are good. Just I noticed differences between the two. And, certainly leaps and bounds above MS Paint.

I've been deaf for a long time now. I go to therapy and learn sign language.


I've had no idea. Well, I know we as humans take things for granted. I will say I am sorry about it because in my growing up (with all the things I have said in the aftermath of my banning, which I can go into everything here if need be with those who would care, I will) I learned to become more compassionate as I grew into adulthood. I have lots of regret with how I have handled things over the years and I learned firsthand treat others how you wanna be treated. The end result will blow your mind. I been wanting to share it with people here.
Image

User avatar
Sephiroth9611
Posts: 111
Location: Off-world colonies
Contact:

Re: Are we dead?

Post#9 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:36 pm

Cloud Strife wrote:You certainly could widen your interest. But, I understand.

Heh. I could say the same about the kind of movies you are interested in. ;)

Cloud Strife wrote:I believe organized religion is. I mainly think the church with the hell fire and brimstone of being a sinner is going quite to far. I feel like a hypocrite and couldn't be me so I just walked away. I also believe the church is just a way to grab money from people and usher in a form of control over it's people. But, again this is just my belief and feeling on it. To each their own.

Of which denomination were you a part?

Cloud Strife wrote:I've had no idea. Well, I know we as humans take things for granted. I will say I am sorry about it because in my growing up (with all the things I have said in the aftermath of my banning, which I can go into everything here if need be with those who would care, I will) I learned to become more compassionate as I grew into adulthood. I have lots of regret with how I have handled things over the years and I learned firsthand treat others how you wanna be treated. The end result will blow your mind. I been wanting to share it with people here.

So go ahead and share. No time like the present. Or do you want to wait another two weeks? ;)
Since October 3rd, 2000 | "Quite a thing to live in fear, isn't it? That's what it is to be a slave."

User avatar
Cloud Strife
The Original Cloud Strife
Posts: 53
Contact:

Re: Are we dead?

Post#10 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:12 pm

Sephiroth9611 wrote:Heh. I could say the same about the kind of movies you are interested in. ;)


Hehehehehe, I like alot of different movies kind sir.


Sephiroth9611 wrote:Of which denomination were you a part?


Christian, I guess? I was nine-man I don't really remember exactly.


Sephiroth9611 wrote:So go ahead and share. No time like the present. Or do you want to wait another two weeks? ;)


Well, that depends on exactly where you want me to start? Are we exclusively talking about the events here? And sorry for the wait. I work twelve hour days third shift, and there is only so much thing to divide up between sleep, video games, friends, and well I roleplay activity at a Naruto RPG and have for the last four in a half years. And, a narutoforum that I play mafia games at. So normally I get back to this place when I find the time. I want to apologize because you guys have taken my forum virginity and I owe so much of my courage and willingness to do the things I did in life to this place. Sometimes coming here is bittersweet for me. It is so easy to recall those feelings from so long ago. In the end it would leave me feeling sad because I feel like I missed out, despite it giving me the ability to experience other great places I went in the aftermath like Final Fantasy Heaven/Impulse/Empyron which Volitar from that ITW/ezboard roleplay was there with us, he played Reno in the roleplay I handled and the woman who played Aeris here was there and her username there was Garnett09. All the way to my created Final Fantasy VII Aftermath roleplay I helped another person make, the Dragon Ball Z roleplays I was apart of: and all kinds of shit. Through it all they all disappeared eventually and I would come back here: to see this place alive and slowly dying off in activity.

It bothered me. every time a place closed because I would lose contact with people I liked and enjoyed. I would soon learn that perhaps people don't see it the same way I do. Or wasn't affected the same way I do because this shit was my escape from reality. I enjoyed it so much that I started to see it less as an escape and more of as a way to have fun and meet new people. I have so much to say that you would have to ask me where to begin. I will say it's because of here and Final Fantasy VII that the internet even became appealing to me. I was trying to find a way to create a world where I can live within the Final Fantasy 7 universe even if it was fantasy and have fun in that world. It was my sole idea when I found this place and started doing that lame ass roleplay like post on ITW that wasn't even within an rpg forum.

The one thing I do disagree with here is that people try to take credit from me for what I had started here. It wasn't Cyrus idea, it wasn't Zach's idea or anyone's idea to do this stuff. It was my idea. I gave the idea to start the roleplay, you guys perfected it without me do to my actions. It was my idea to start the sites roleplay site, you guys claim it was eric h and yes, while he did make a fabulous site and I blown away by it. These were my ideas. I know I did some wrong and I am trying to repent but I would the correct credit to eventually be given to me and I wouldn't even mind a piece on me explaining how I came about it to be put onto the site history. if we are making amends and forgiving people I got Taryn's forgiveness because I directly emailed her and spoke to her about it in 2015. I want Cyrus Dogstar to come here and us have a conversation. I want to apologize to the Elmos, Zack, and whoever else I hurt. But, I was a 14-year-old kid who had no idea what the fuck was going on or my actions. I want to correctly list everything because we all got to agree and you know you can't take this away from me: The site was dying between ITW stuff and the bombing of the code, and the transition to ezboard we lost half our members. Cyrus gave me a chance. He made me the first roleplay moderator which isn't even correctly listed on the site and given to Eric, who yet again was given credit for something that isn't entirely true.

My friends, my real life friends, Kevin Michael Putteet and Cecil Allen Ingle were here with me. We had no fucking idea about no god damn IP addresses and didn't know what the fuck having multiple accounts meant. Excuse my language, but I was under the impression it just meant that for example I couldn't have two accounts acting as if they weren't me. Me and Kevin wasn't finainacally able to own our computers so we would go to the libary. But, our friend Cecil who I attribute for me even learning about FF7 to begin with because I was at his house when his uncle brought the game down and I saw it for the first time. His mom and dad bought a computer so it gave me and Kevin another place to roleplay and cecil was interested. So that was why when the idiot death decided to do his crap and pull the string on us about the accounts. We all got banned and was confused. I was admittaly angry. And, they both left me to deal with it. Granted they both wasn't as effected as me. I was mortifed. I was lied on. And, this shit that we never even thought was a problem stopped us and I got angry and said something I shouldn't have and regret and it messed up alot of stuff.

But, I would love for that all to be corrected eventually and I am gonna push for the truth to be placed within the site history. Because, the truth is without my idea the "golden age" as some would call it wouldn't have happened. I am very sorry for all the things I have ever done. But, what happened to us, we were newbies to everything on the internet and it seemed no matter what I said to Cyrus he likely believed us but the evidence was damning. The libary did have different IP's. But, cecils computer had one. And we all logged on there. It was a horrible experience for me. It made me depressed because I wanted to be here. I wanted to run this roleplay and sure I was a novice but I believe I laid the blueprint and I could have made some amazing contributions had I not been a teenage hot head.

:(
Image

Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron