Memory lane

This forum is for threads of general content. Feel free to post anything you wish (within reasonable boundaries, of course).
Cloud Strife
The Original Roleplay Creator/Moderator

Re: Memory lane

Post#61 » Wed May 01, 2019 5:29 am

Nice to have ya back! I noticed I had issues with embedding youtube videos into post Clidus. And, someone should let Uncle Elmo know he is good again to post!
Last edited by Cloud Strife on Wed May 01, 2019 5:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

The Real Uncle Elmo
Founder member and Agony Uncle

Post#62 » Thu May 02, 2019 11:35 am

Thanks all
"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice." - Scooter

Ex World Record holder.

The Real Uncle Elmo

Post#63 » Thu May 02, 2019 2:03 pm

I've just read through the entire thread and noticed Deathscythe's post mentioning me....aww thanks mate. There's a Citadel-related spin to my YouTube Welsh lessons by the way. I began them as a favour to Empy Claw, he was studying UK dialects at the time and wanted to learn Welsh. I have made many friends through them since.

As for being an agony Uncle, well in the intervening years, I've made a career out of caring. I now have nearly 20 years of working in mental health under my belt, I volunteer for a performance therapy group, and tonight begin a second voluntary role as a founder member of a support group for parents and carers of children and young adults with learning difficulties and mental health problems.
I'm not a parent myself, but I am a real life Uncle. I've shared my passion of gaming with my nephew, and when he's old enough, I'll introduce him to FF7. He's obsessed with Sonic though.

The online relationship? Aeris01 left me two months before our wedding, though time heals all rifts and we're still friends. She's recently moved to the eastern US to move in with her new beau. I was left both emotionally and financially bankrupt by it all, but I'm still here...helping others.
Last edited by The Real Uncle Elmo on Thu May 02, 2019 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ex World Record holder.

Sephiroth9611

Post#64 » Thu May 02, 2019 2:54 pm

Uncle Elmo, welcome back!
Since October 3rd, 2000 | "Quite a thing to live in fear, isn't it? That's what it is to be a slave."

SOLDIERofficer81

Post#65 » Thu May 02, 2019 3:53 pm

Nice to see you, Uncle.
"Let us never miss a step. May we never lose our friends. This is our home, our haven, our Citadel."
Citadel denizen since October 5, 2000 | SOLDIER's Final Fantasy VII Messageboard

The Real Uncle Elmo

Post#66 » Thu May 02, 2019 3:58 pm

Thanks guys.

Ex World Record holder.

Roy Mercer
The original "Aman"

Post#67 » Sun May 05, 2019 1:14 am

Hi all, Aman has arrived on scene.

Uncle Elmo told me this place still had some signs of life and suggested that I come bring my award-winning uncomfortable tone, shifty gaze, and questionable ethics to the scene.

That being said, what's up y'all?
The Anomaly known as Aman

Sephiroth9611

Post#68 » Sun May 05, 2019 1:56 am

Your avatar definitely projects your shifty gaze. Good work!

On the day-to-day level of "what's up?"
Extensions for Firefox stopped working today. Whoa! No more Adblock. I have discovered that Mozilla is aware of the problem and has come up with a temp fix and is working on something more permanent.

Other than that, just banging around here, reminiscing and all.
Since October 3rd, 2000 | "Quite a thing to live in fear, isn't it? That's what it is to be a slave."

The Real Uncle Elmo

Post#69 » Sun May 05, 2019 12:28 pm

I should really sort out my sig and avatar....
I remember spending A LOT of time on it.

Ex World Record holder.

Roy Mercer
The original "Aman"

Post#70 » Sun May 05, 2019 10:25 pm

Sephiroth9611 wrote:Your avatar definitely projects your shifty gaze. Good work!

You have no idea how long I've waited to be able to use this avatar
The Anomaly known as Aman

Return to “General Discussion”