Memory lane

This forum is for threads of general content. Feel free to post anything you wish (within reasonable boundaries, of course).
DeathScythe
Antiquated Ska fan

Re: Memory lane

Post#51 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:14 am

I'd hate to involve someone who very deliberately and publicly stepped away.

Slider posted recently in my RPG thread. Maybe they know people? I assume moderators can't approve accounts, or it wouldn't be a problem.

Cloud Strife
The Original Roleplay Creator/Moderator

Post#52 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:48 am

I don't think Reeve is as removed as you think. If all else fails there is a reason Reeve is still an administrator cause I had to contact her to handle things for me. And, you can bet your bottom dollar I would go out of my way to reach out to her if need be.

SOLDIERofficer81

Post#53 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:50 pm

I haven't seen Reeve online here at the Citadel in years. I think she's moved on, at least until Remake comes out. Maybe if someone communicated to her that the Citadel has been left adrift, she might come back. But I wouldn't bet on it.
"Let us never miss a step. May we never lose our friends. This is our home, our haven, our Citadel."
Citadel denizen since October 5, 2000 | SOLDIER's Final Fantasy VII Messageboard

Sephiroth9611
Of Hidden Rank

Post#54 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:30 pm

According to Reeve's profile page, she was last active Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:26 pm.
Clidus: Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:02 am.
Since October 3rd, 2000 | "Quite a thing to live in fear, isn't it? That's what it is to be a slave."

Cloud Strife

Post#55 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:28 pm

I mean at this rate..we may not have any choice. If Clidus don't become active, then Reeve may have to take over again. And, if we want to get this place to come back to life, the staff of the forum needs to be active. That's period.

SOLDIERofficer81

Post#56 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:30 pm

As Death noted above, Reeve has "very deliberately and publicly stepped away." The only reason to get into contact with her would be to ask her to replace Clidus with someone who would be around a lot more. If Reeve were to come back, it would have to be at her initiative.
"Let us never miss a step. May we never lose our friends. This is our home, our haven, our Citadel."
Citadel denizen since October 5, 2000 | SOLDIER's Final Fantasy VII Messageboard

Cloud Strife

Post#57 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:00 am

We may have to do just that.

DeathScythe
Antiquated Ska fan

Post#58 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:49 am

If you really feel comfortable doing it, I would maybe contact Reeve with just the simple request, "Hey, can you still approve accounts at the Citadel?"

You're not asking her to come be a part of the community again, or anything like that, just: can you please do this simple favor for us?

We know there should be at least Elmo's account request.

Sephiroth9611
Of Hidden Rank

Post#59 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:49 pm

I just reached out to Reeve at her Brain Scraps email. We'll see what happens.

Reeve,

Greetings to you! We need your assistance, if you're willing. A few of us have gathered lately at the Citadel forum and we have been trying to get a hold of Clidus without success to determine why Uncle Elmo has been unable to access his account or create a new one.

Any assistance you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Sephiroth9611

EDIT: And reply:

Hey Sephy,

I shouldn’t have admin privileges on the board anymore, so it’s all in Clidus’ hands. I’m forwarding this email to him; will also ping him on Twitter.

—Reevey
Last edited by Sephiroth9611 on Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Since October 3rd, 2000 | "Quite a thing to live in fear, isn't it? That's what it is to be a slave."

Clidus
Site Admin

Post#60 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:19 pm

Hey folks, sorry for the lack of responses here. I'm still around, but life just likes to be life.

I also didn't see that tweet, I'll investigate my notification settings... probably something to do with not being someone I follow. >_<

I'll dedicate some time to sorting out the account registration issue. In the meantime I've enabled Uncle Elmo and will look at the rest of the backlog. Ideally I'll put a bot blocker in place that will allow people to register freely again.

Let me know if I can be of more help!
Last edited by Clidus on Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Discussion”