Memory lane

This forum is for threads of general content. Feel free to post anything you wish (within reasonable boundaries, of course).
SOLDIERofficer81

Re: Memory lane

Post#71 » Mon May 06, 2019 1:36 am

Roy Mercer wrote:Hi all, Aman has arrived on scene.

Uncle Elmo told me this place still had some signs of life and suggested that I come bring my award-winning uncomfortable tone, shifty gaze, and questionable ethics to the scene.

That being said, what's up y'all?

It seemed like a good time to make the push and drum up some activity. Kudos to Seph9611, DS, our Agony Uncle.
"Let us never miss a step. May we never lose our friends. This is our home, our haven, our Citadel."
Citadel denizen since October 5, 2000 | SOLDIER's Final Fantasy VII Messageboard

The Real Uncle Elmo
Founder member and Agony Uncle

Post#72 » Mon May 06, 2019 11:10 am

I bear no responsibility for the questionable ethics..... ;)
"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice." - Scooter

Ex World Record holder.

Mike

Post#73 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:02 pm

Sephiroth9611 wrote:Does anyone remember Mr. Mike and his crew? I chatted off and on with his girlfriend's sister who also posted here for a little while. Mike was Canadian. I thought of all of them the other day and wanted to ask here.

I remember me. Sorry to dredge up an old post.

I'm surprised you associate the "crew" with me, since I joined because of Matt (Stavro), which I imagine most would remember much more. Negator55 was the other member, we all went to high school together.

My girlfriend (of the time)'s sister did join in and post here and there, though I actually met that group of people through Uncle Elmo.

I did, and now do, live in Canada, though for 5 years I lived in the states working at the same company as Cyrus, who got me the gig.

Sephiroth9611
Of Hidden Rank

Post#74 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:34 pm

Mike wrote:
Sephiroth9611 wrote:Does anyone remember Mr. Mike and his crew? I chatted off and on with his girlfriend's sister who also posted here for a little while. Mike was Canadian. I thought of all of them the other day and wanted to ask here.

I remember me. Sorry to dredge up an old post.

I'm surprised you associate the "crew" with me, since I joined because of Matt (Stavro), which I imagine most would remember much more. Negator55 was the other member, we all went to high school together.

My girlfriend (of the time)'s sister did join in and post here and there, though I actually met that group of people through Uncle Elmo.

I did, and now do, live in Canada, though for 5 years I lived in the states working at the same company as Cyrus, who got me the gig.

Hey. Welcome back. How goes it? I guess I just associate people by how I remember them and group them together that way, even if they weren't grouped together all at one point in time.
Since October 3rd, 2000 | "Quite a thing to live in fear, isn't it? That's what it is to be a slave."

Cloud Strife
The Original Roleplay Creator/Moderator

Post#75 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:34 am

Didn't Mike turn into Wu Ming as well?

I know that lot didn't like me much, but eh everything is supposed to be water under the bridge. Welcome back.

BlueJay

Post#76 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:43 pm

The tldr version for me was there were lots of FF7 messageboards back in 1998 and I used to post on a bunch of them. This one was my favorite though and I began posting here exclusively. We had a good info page, some nice fanfics including Uncle Elmo's Twisted series, and the messageboard was fantastic. In the really early days, each post got you some Exp, and you'd "rank up" over time with each rank represented by an FF7 adversary or character which displayed below your name and portrait. The Serious Discussion board was one of the finest places to discuss controversial stuff without it turning into a sludgefest, something Facebook can't match, and there was an early roleplay board run we did that got super epic and lasted for months.

I stopped posting eventually and my Oracle duties fell by the wayside back in the 2005-2006 timeframe as college got more intense, the rise of Facebook overtook my messageboard time, and then my girlfriend in 2007 introduced me to World of WarCraft. Sephiroth9611 dropped me an e-mail recently though and reminded me of this place. Nice to see you all again! With the remake coming up, this place may be hopping!
Last edited by BlueJay on Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SOLDIERofficer81

Post#77 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:00 am

Good to see you too, BlueJay. And we hope the remake will provide.
"Let us never miss a step. May we never lose our friends. This is our home, our haven, our Citadel."
Citadel denizen since October 5, 2000 | SOLDIER's Final Fantasy VII Messageboard

Return to “General Discussion”