What do you drink?

This forum is for threads of general content. Feel free to post anything you wish (within reasonable boundaries, of course).
The Slider
Serious Discussion Moderator

What do you drink?

Post#1 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:50 am

Just because I'm drinking.

And I want to know if anyone else has a drinking preference.

I previously went through a hilarious "Bourbon Connoisseur" phase with a mate where we bought the cheapest bourbon with the funniest name and rated it. I've been through quite a lot - mostly rubbish.

These days, in Melbourne, the craft beer scence has exploded and there's really good stuff. I've also had a great variety of wines and am enjoying that more than ever. Also, went to a scotch tasting night and learnt about how varied they are.

So, do you drink at all? And if so, what's your poison?
aliveonthemoon; deadonthesun

R. Kasahara
Senpai will never notice you.
Forums Admin

Re: What do you drink?

Post#2 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:03 pm

Living an hour from California's Wine Country (Sonoma >>> Napa, btw) and having read a chunk of the amazing The Drops of God, we're sort of into wine now >_> Our local favorites tend to be from around the Sonoma (city) and Dry Creek areas-- the latter is well known for its zinfandels.

Also, Cyrus is now a craft beer enthusiast, but I can't stand the stuff. I do like a good fruit cider, though.

Ultimate Fantasy

Post#3 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:20 am

I am a Cider guy myself. I can't drink beer as it badly disagrees with my stomach. My favourite would be Westons Twist though I can never find anywhere that has it. That stuff tastes amazing warm.

Whenever I am in a supermarket I always check to see if they have some new cider in I haven't tasted before. I also brewed my own cider once. What I ended up with wasn't amazing but it was strong as hell, drinkable and gave you one hell of a hangover. Which to be honest was better than I expected haha

I probably like FF14 too much

kid_z

Post#4 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:42 pm

My tolerance for alcohol has diminished over the past few years to the point that I get hungover if I have more than a single cider, so I pretty much gave up drinking last March. I was big on liquor! Vodka, gin, rum, tequila, whiskey... I loved them all in more or less equal measure, though I especially enjoyed whiskey. Few things were more satisfying to me than a well-made Old Fashioned. :) Nowadays I tend to just have a cider every couple of months, which is perfectly fine by me.

Dimma

Post#5 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:47 pm

Mostly water.

Well beer tastes fine but i'm intolerant to carbonic acid in it, hey here's the weakling, haha f*cking fizzy soda hurts!

SOLDIERofficer81
Unflinching Android Mode: OFF

Post#6 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:51 pm

These days, it's mostly beer whenever I'm out to a bar (very seldom) or over at someone's place and they have beer in the fridge. I'd really like to try more beers this summer.
"Let us never miss a step. May we never lose our friends. This is our home, our haven, our Citadel."
Citadel denizen since October 5, 2000 | SOLDIER's Final Fantasy VII Messageboard

Uncle Elmonesian

Post#7 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:04 pm

Fruit cider or Welsh Whiskey for me, although my bottle of Penderyn which I was saving for the birth of my nephew..he's 5 months old now...and the bottle is unopened.

Return to “General Discussion”