What do you want to see?

This forum is for threads of general content. Feel free to post anything you wish (within reasonable boundaries, of course).
Sephiroth9611
Of Hidden Rank

Re: What do you want to see?

Post#11 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:30 am

Apollo 11. The trailer and this discussion at Metafilter has gotten me excited to catch a showing one of these days now that it has come to a theater near me.

"The last time we were one!" Oh!!!!!
Since October 3rd, 2000 | "Quite a thing to live in fear, isn't it? That's what it is to be a slave."

SOLDIERofficer81

Post#12 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:35 am

I would like to see Apollo 11 as well. I really have no interest in seeing Tom Hanks as Mister Rogers. What else is coming out this summer, besides the usuaul comic book fare?
"Let us never miss a step. May we never lose our friends. This is our home, our haven, our Citadel."
Citadel denizen since October 5, 2000 | SOLDIER's Final Fantasy VII Messageboard

DeathScythe
Antiquated Ska fan

Post#13 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:22 am

I feel like movies are dying, supplanted by long-form storytelling in episodic TV. Pretty much all you see now is big-budget franchise movies with built-in audiences already, or small-budget comedy flicks.

A big thing this year seems to be nostalgia. Lion King, MIB, Toy Story. Surprised there's not a Friends movie.

I am interested in Tolkien (check out a trailer), about the obvious, and stars Nicholas Hoult who I like in other things. But, not interested enough to actually drag myself to a theater, which is usually the case with me.
Last edited by DeathScythe on Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sephiroth9611
Of Hidden Rank

Post#14 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:01 pm

DeathScythe wrote:I am interested in Tolkien (check out a trailer), about the obvious, and stars Nicholas Hoult who I like in other things. But, not interested enough to actually drag myself to a theater, which is usually the case with me.

It will be interesting to see how they jazz up his life events. Hopefully they do it in a way that is realistic and not dumb. Tolkien's life was pretty mundane, but there are a few points, if done right, that can be made screenworthy.
Since October 3rd, 2000 | "Quite a thing to live in fear, isn't it? That's what it is to be a slave."

SOLDIERofficer81

Post#15 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:24 pm

More than anything at the multiplex, I am interested in seeing S2 of Cobra Kai.
"Let us never miss a step. May we never lose our friends. This is our home, our haven, our Citadel."
Citadel denizen since October 5, 2000 | SOLDIER's Final Fantasy VII Messageboard

Return to “General Discussion”