INTRODUCTIONS THREAD: Newbies and oldbies welcome

This forum is for threads of general content. Feel free to post anything you wish (within reasonable boundaries, of course).
Uncle Elmonesian

Re: INTRODUCTIONS THREAD: Newbies and oldbies welcome

Post#21 » Sun May 19, 2013 9:37 am

Ah Cloud Strife.... now THAT is a name I remember. *shrugs* You were young and foolish, such as the rest of us back then. If you're the Duke of drama then I'm the master of melodrama. :) You were a right arse bqck then Slim but then again so was I...being all pious and sanctamonious. Reeve was just incredulous that I didn't remember you, but I do now. Still have some AIM chats saved sonewhere where we were chatting about ways to deal with you. Anyway, that was then.

Reeve - Good to be back! How's Cyrus these days? How are you? Been to the U.K since your last visit?

SoldierOfficer81 - Good to be back! How are you and Sephhy9611?

if anyone wants to add me on fb by the way drop me a pm.

R. Kasahara
Senpai will never notice you.
Forums Admin

Post#22 » Sun May 19, 2013 4:06 pm

Slim Kracka wrote:Nice to know you still have such a negative view of me still Reeve. Well hello to you too. You do realize people change and perhaps mistakes happen.

Nice to know you still have no sense of humor :P

Uncle Elmonesian wrote:Reeve was just incredulous that I didn't remember you, but I do now.

Yeah, pretty much.

It's strange how some people who were banned due to Forumdrama are coming back nowadays...

Uncle Elmonesian wrote:Reeve - Good to be back! How's Cyrus these days? How are you? Been to the U.K since your last visit?

We're both good, thanks :) And unfortunately, nope, haven't been back to the UK since then.

SOLDIERofficer81

Post#23 » Sun May 19, 2013 4:43 pm

Uncle Elmonesian wrote:SoldierOfficer81 - Good to be back! How are you and Sephhy9611?

[irony]Oh, can't complain.[/irony]
"Let us never miss a step. May we never lose our friends. This is our home, our haven, our Citadel."
Citadel denizen since October 5, 2000 | SOLDIER's Final Fantasy VII Messageboard

Uncle Elmonesian

Post#24 » Mon May 20, 2013 12:01 am

Good to see you Sephhy!!

Reeve - Awesome! Glad to read you and CyDog are fine too :) I think people just want to know they're forgiven sometimes. Like the fact that bullies add their victims on twitter and things.

Cloud Strife
The Original Cloud Strife

Post#25 » Wed May 22, 2013 7:48 pm

Uncle Elmonesian wrote:Ah Cloud Strife.... now THAT is a name I remember. *shrugs* You were young and foolish, such as the rest of us back then. If you're the Duke of drama then I'm the master of melodrama. :) You were a right arse bqck then Slim but then again so was I...being all pious and sanctamonious. Reeve was just incredulous that I didn't remember you, but I do now. Still have some AIM chats saved somewhere where we were chatting about ways to deal with you. Anyway, that was then.

if anyone wants to add me on fb by the way drop me a pm.

I'm glad everyone is able to see that being that young, and actually being put into a staff position and in control of something I also never did before was a huge step, and I didn't have the personal skill set to deal with the things I had to deal with back then either. I'm just glad to be somewhat accepted back and forgiven for my foolish ways. I wouldn't mind actually seeing the AIM chats. I WOULDN'T mind bringing this place back from the grave so to speak. I think I'm a tad bit late on that. And I sure would like to add anyone to facebook.

[quote="R. Kasahara'] Nice to know you still have no sense of humor :P

Uncle Elmonesian wrote:Reeve was just incredulous that I didn't remember you, but I do now.

Yeah, pretty much.

It's strange how some people who were banned due to Forumdrama are coming back nowadays...

:P I have a sense of humor, I just wasn't sure if you were serious based on stuff that was said in the past. But you know what they say about assuming things. It makes an ass out of you and me. So I digress. (I believe I spelled that right lol) Well Reeve, I always wanted to come back after the whole Chibi Taryn issue when I finally got some sense about myself but it just didn't work out you know?

Ambigore

Post#26 » Fri May 24, 2013 11:45 am

Damn I'm getting old. My memory is foggy. Have we interacted before, Slim?

There were so many Clouds back in those days. And Aeris's, lol.

Uncle Elmonesian

Post#27 » Fri May 24, 2013 5:27 pm

You'd gone off to found the Labyrinth when he first came Ambi.
How the heck are you by the way?

Uncle Elmonesian

Post#28 » Sat May 25, 2013 3:38 pm

I had a read of some of those old chats, I even have forum-based fics I put you in Slim, (you were usually the baddy,) I'm not going to send them to you simply because
- To be honest I have absolutely no idea what we're on about most of the time, I mean in one there's a 6 way chat between yourself, me, Raistlin, Dead Triangle, Mike, Anguipes, and someone else and I got absolutely lost, I suppose it doesn't help that we're referring to incidents that happened 12 years ago, and all trying to act tough and bigging ourselves up. Why on earth I saved it, god only knows, oh and the fics, the fics are AWFUL! I'm glad I never pursued writing as a career, I'd have been eaten live. I digress though, we've sort of hijacked this thread haven't we? So yes, time to move on methinks.

Cloud Strife
The Original Cloud Strife

Post#29 » Tue May 28, 2013 8:05 pm

My email is xxjr05xx@gmail.com. Send them on over. I understand you think those things, but I would like to read them. And it may just be a memory from 12 years ago for you, but I remember how everything exactly went down. So to me it's sort of something I need to read for myself. You just have no idea how glad I am to be accepted atleast by my peers because even the lot of you are just like me, portraying an image to everyone on the internet. It was the cool thing to do back then. Not to mention with my "problems" in reality it was all a big front you know.

Ambigore, no we never talked. Your legend just proceeded you. You should be very proud of yourself sir. You made something that not alot of people can say they have been successful in. If anyone remembers the guy Volitar who played Reno in the Roleplay I ran, me and that guy met again on my second forum home Final Fantasy Heaven/Final Fantasy Impulse, and even the legend of FFVII Citadel was known there. So, you should be proud man.

Ultimate Fantasy

Post#30 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:41 pm

Uncle Elmonesian wrote:An intro thread? Hmm...
Firstly blame Apple's predictive text for my (new) name, my iPad added the 'nesian' bit for some reason. Perhaps it was getting back at me for asking Siri compromising questions... I digress.

I notice people have started their intro on how they found the Cit.... well the Cit found me. Ambi founded the Citadel as a site to host his theories in the 'Great Sequel Debate' of 1998. I disagreed with him but told him how to make Frames in HTML when he asked. (In previous times I took the credit for 'co founding' the Citadel, but that's like saying that the neighbour who lent you his lawnmower is responsible for the awesome garden party you then hold in it. ) I was then webmaster of the Cit for a while, off and on, admin of the mb, mod on the site, site librarian and general dogsbody.
So....yep, I'm an oldbie. If I was an arrogant tosspot I'd call myself YHE THE Oldbie...with Ambi of course. :) I'm not though.
Up until a couple of years ago I visited the Citadel every day, never posted but visited it... that's every day...for nearly 14 years. From ITW and onwards....so yep, the site meant a lot to me.

Now I'm a 33 year old Supported Living Services manager, I even have a mortgage, imagine that!

BCloud/Slim.... let me be frank. I don't remember you. There were so many of you back then, you've all melded into one in my head. I'm axtually Facebook friends with Piccolo nowadays which is weird. I suppose the point I'm trying to make is...back then what we were doing seemed important...it seemed like reality itself hinged on the stability of the board, but in the grand scheme of things, it wasnt. I'm sad that some of us have gradually drifted apart. I even tried to set up a Facebook group to bring us back together.
Y'see although what we were up to wasn't important, it was important to US. We thought we'd be friends forever...perhaps we can be friends again.
time will tell.

Hwyl

Ah Elmo now your someone I remember I do hope you remember your fellow welshman in arms :P

I have been missing the Citadel lately. It was the first forum I ever joined and it was back in a time much simpler for me. But now I am finishing uni and I kind of miss it all. Yes I currently love my job (video games tester don't have a sodding clue how I actually managed to get a job so suited for me haha) and I love my girlfriend. But part of me still misses the simpler times of just rping and talking on here.

Though to be honest I have left a lot of the old sites I used to post a lot on out of just not having time like crunchyroll and some other random forums. Part if me wishes I had saved some of the old conversations on here as now they are gone and I won't get a chance to see them again.

I probably like FF14 too much

Return to “General Discussion”