INTRODUCTIONS THREAD: Newbies and oldbies welcome

This forum is for threads of general content. Feel free to post anything you wish (within reasonable boundaries, of course).
R. Kasahara
Senpai will never notice you.
Forums Admin

INTRODUCTIONS THREAD: Newbies and oldbies welcome

Post#1 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:41 pm

I seem to remember us having an "Introductions Thread" on the old board, but I can't find it in the archives. Anyway, with all the newcomers lately, I thought it would be a good idea to start up a new one.

If you're new to the board, feel free to introduce yourself! If you're an oldbie Citadeler, reintroduce yourself! Above all, keep it clean and have a good time :)

Since I'm here already, I'll start it off:

I'm R_Kasahara on this board, and most other places online. My former Citadel handle was Reeve, so if you remember someone by that name, I'm her :P I love video games, though I don't follow the FF series as much as I used to. My favorite game is FFVII, of course ;)

I'm also an avid manga reader, with my preferences running toward seinen (young men's) manga. I've also been reading some semi-classic shoujo lately. Currently, I'm reading 20th Century Boys, Ooku, Chi's Sweet Home, Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon, X, and a few others.

I also collect Japanese figures and game soundtracks, and curse the high yen that makes it so expensive to import nowadays @_@

TrueBOSS
The_TrueBOSS

Re: INTRODUCTIONS THREAD: Newbies and oldbies welcome

Post#2 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:13 am

I've introduced myself in a different thread already but figured i'd do it formal now.
I'm trueBOSS. That is the name i use on most forums i'm on but on video games i'm known as The_TrueBOSS. I've been following this site since before advent children came out and i've recommended it to hundreds looking for FFVII knowledge because i believe this covers VII better than any other site i've been to.
I haven't really made a forum appearance here though until recently so don't feel bad if you don't know me.

Any Final Fantasy's that where available on the PSONE plus X and XII are my favorites out of the series. (Won't touch the MMO's)

I use my cavesofnarshe avatar so if anyone from that website is here as well you'll probably recognize me.
He's back. He is The_TrueBOSS
Check me and my partners out at: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheTrueBOSSofJupiter

dkaksl

Post#3 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:22 am

R. Kasahara wrote:I'm her :P

A GIRL on the internet?! My god!!

FF7citadel.com has been one of my guilty pleasures for years. Whether I'm playing the game or not, I just love looking into the story, the rumors and mystery; the secrets. There just seems to be more info around every corner, and I really want to find it.

As I mentioned in my personal introduction thread, I'm from Sweden, living in Japan as a robotics major. I take pride in my Japanese, so if there's anything you need translated or navigated, feel free to ask. But enough about me. :LOL:

Anguipes
Roleplay Moderator

Post#4 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:41 pm

I'm Anguipes. I have been known to think way too hard about the FFVII universe.

R. Kasahara
Senpai will never notice you.
Forums Admin

Post#5 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:30 pm

TrueBOSS wrote:I use my cavesofnarshe avatar so if anyone from that website is here as well you'll probably recognize me.

Caves of Narshe! Love that site. I don't think I've even so much as lurked on the forums, though...

TrueBOSS
The_TrueBOSS

Post#6 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:51 am

R. Kasahara wrote:
TrueBOSS wrote:I use my cavesofnarshe avatar so if anyone from that website is here as well you'll probably recognize me.

Caves of Narshe! Love that site. I don't think I've even so much as lurked on the forums, though...

The Forums are fun. They are a bit more active than these ones atm and have a lot of nice, interesting people to talk to.
I'm hoping this one is just running in a rut though and will become more active eventually.
He's back. He is The_TrueBOSS
Check me and my partners out at: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheTrueBOSSofJupiter

Ultimate Fantasy

Post#7 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:23 pm

Hello I be Ultimate Fantasy though most people just call me UF or just by my actual name of James :P

I have been on here a while though I am no way near as active as I used to. I took part in a fair few rps before and even when the forums were pretty busy drew some group pictures (which are still round my room somewhere I think). Though other than that I guess I posted a fair bit, was rather random and has a large obsession with the Persona series haha. Oh I also think I came on here drunk a fair few times as well possibly <_< >_>

Finally I do a bit of stand up comedy now and a few other things but that's about it for me :P

I probably like FF14 too much

Keefy

Post#8 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:45 pm

I'm Keefy. I was here for a spell at the tail-end of the nineties, then all but disappeared around 2002. I'm back now, and worse than ever.

I have strong opinions that are often less well-thought-through than I think they are, and I write terrible sentences.

Frankly, it seems perfectly evident that my best days of citadel contribution are behind me, and that my longest posts are sadly still in front of me.

Someone Small

Post#9 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:58 am

Hi guys! My name is Jesse, and I first came to the citadel forum (and website) back in late 1998 when Ambigore was running the site and the forum was hosted on InsideTheWeb (RIP). I went by various names and handles over the years (I was either 11 or 12 when I first stumbled upon the place in 98), but the few people I recognize would probably know me best as DeathScythe, for better or for worse, which I went by from late 99 through 2001. When I was in 9th grade, approx. 14 years old, I was banned from the forum. I'd assume that's most oldbie's only memory of me. I don't feel motivated to go into any details but just know that I'm certainly sorry to everyone who I wronged, and I took one of the most enjoyable parts of my life in that era - this board - and ruined it for myself. So believe me, it was a lesson learned. I no longer remember how long I was banned for, but I do know that when I came back, I went through screen names like socks. If you think you might know me by another name, shoot me a PM and I'll do my best to compile a list.

As I got older, and (big secret here) I actually began making real life friends, my participation began eroding. High School allowed a kid with nerdy interests like me find other nerdy kids to be nerdy with. And that's pretty much what I did. By the time I graduated (Class of 04, Woo!), I only visited a few times a year, for nostalgia. Although, these nostalgic visits did continue to present day.

Speaking of present day, while I was once a socially awkward 12 year old kid, I'm now a 26 year old man. I still live in the Dallas area of Texas, and I'm employed by GameStop - I work in their Refurbishment Center here in North Texas. I was originally a hardware tech and worked on Xbox 360s. I'm now what they call a "Lead" in Consumer Electronics (Gamestop's iPhone/Android/Phones/Tablets division, not yet a year old) and am pretty content there for now. I would like to aspire for bigger and better things in life (never got the college bug), but when I do I begin second-guessing myself, and feeling like I'm too old to switch career paths, and I essentially never get a plan of action going. So it's a work in progress.

So what brings me here today? The re-release of PC FFVII, which I'm currently alt-tabbed out of. I just downloaded it today and am ready for a replay. So of course I went to the citadel to read up on things, and check out the forum. So here I am :)

To be very clear, this place, website and board alike, represent a time in my life when I was happier, had more fun, was carefree, and just generally saw the world in a way I could only WISH to see the world today. It was a big part of my growing up, and I loved all of the friends I made and had here. I loved EVERYONE here. Soldier, Seph, Keefy, Cyrus, Kevin...I love you guys. Seeing you still posting on this board really makes me smile. Reeve, you've done awesome. Thank you for keeping this place alive, I hope it always remains so. I wish so bad that I could go back to those days, re-live them, re-do certain aspects of them and remain in contact with and friends with so many people, now lost from my life forever...but I can't. I can only remember. But this place will always be more than just a memory :)

This was longer than I expected it to be. So back to FF7 now :P but I'll be back, now that I'm working, putting 40-50 hours into this game is going to be a long project, one I will most likely want to discuss with like-minded people.
Where many were, how few remain
But seeing these to mind again
The lost and absent brings.
The friends I left that parting day -
How changed, as time has sped!

Cal

Hai ~

Post#10 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:03 am

Hai all! Hopefully one or two of you remember me, jeez I really have missed this place something rotten since it died a few years ago. Oh yeah, you may remember me as either Fantasy King or Soulstorm, being around this forum for 4-5 years it must be now but left a lot due to a lot of inactivity mostly. Wouldn't feel right now to come back here every now and then, I hope a lot of the oldies will come back and visit too though, man those guys.. Seems forever since I last spoke to Reno and etc. Now I'm getting nostalgic and kinda sad aha.

I just came here and was like. WTF, WHO DESTROYED THE BELOVED FORUM, before realizing it's a new board now, totally had a panic attack right there.

Would be nice to get a little community going again aha.

Oh yeah this is my hello thread. I'm Callum Aka Cal, I do Graphic Design stuff, and I'm a Final Fantasy Fanboy of sorts. I'm 18, and that's about all you need to know me thinks.

Hai <3

EDIT: Welcome back ^_^ Moved your post here to the Introductions Thread :P --Reevey

Return to “General Discussion”