A Site/Forum Revival...

This forum is for threads of general content. Feel free to post anything you wish (within reasonable boundaries, of course).
haaaDo

Re: A Site/Forum Revival...

Post#41 » Sat May 11, 2019 3:30 pm

I think I was banned because of how cute I was, but who's really keeping track ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Matt and Jakeypoo are around FB, but idk if they'd really care to come back. I could ask. Oh, and Keeefy too. Oh man, imagine the dick jokes. SOLDIER would be thrilled.

haaaDo

Post#42 » Sat May 11, 2019 3:38 pm

Clidus, I really don't think you should take disciplinary action here. Yeah Cloud's being unreasonable to you imo, but I don't think we can afford losing any members at this point. A lot of people left because of the politics, or because they got banned (temporary bans, permanent bans), and the way the leadership was managed. This place is at its best with a TON of personality, with people bickering, a little bit of drama, political discussions, RP, video game news, and terrible, immature jokes. It was FUN! It was like this massive conversation at a bar, and everyone knew everyone. We can maybe get back to that, but only if we're ok with the faults of others.

SOLDIERofficer81

Post#43 » Sat May 11, 2019 3:40 pm

If they'd like to. We're not putting a gun to someone's head or anything like that. :D

Dick jokes? Did I like dick jokes in the past? I find this amusing in itself!

BTW: ^^^ +1
Last edited by SOLDIERofficer81 on Sat May 11, 2019 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Let us never miss a step. May we never lose our friends. This is our home, our haven, our Citadel."
Citadel denizen since October 5, 2000 | SOLDIER's Final Fantasy VII Messageboard

Sephiroth9611

Post#44 » Sat May 11, 2019 3:48 pm

haaaDo wrote:Clidus, I really don't think you should take disciplinary action here.

I agree with this. If someone dislikes someone else for whatever reason, just add him/her to one's "Foes/Ignore" list by accessing the User Control Panel. That's why it's there.

I remember that last time I saw a Matt post. He was a bit perturbed by how everyone missed his old personas (Stavro, etc.). -_- Hopefully he could stop by and show us Final Form Matt.

Be good to see everyone. By the way, if anyone knows how to contact guys like Player70 who were in the backlog of accounts Clidus approved, let them know they can post now.
Since October 3rd, 2000 | "Quite a thing to live in fear, isn't it? That's what it is to be a slave."

Clidus
Site Admin

Post#45 » Sat May 11, 2019 4:35 pm

Sephiroth9611 wrote:
haaaDo wrote:Clidus, I really don't think you should take disciplinary action here.

I agree with this. If someone dislikes someone else for whatever reason, just add him/her to one's "Foes/Ignore" list by accessing the User Control Panel. That's why it's there.

Cloud has been calling people liers, demanding respect, threatening to leave and generally behaving incredibly childish about a matter from literally years ago. Regardless of peoples opinions, and who is right or wrong, this behavior is not the kind I wish to encourage on these forums. I have, very politely, requested the matter be dropped multiple times.

haaaDo

Post#46 » Sun May 12, 2019 5:55 am

and you have been very polite! You've been more than that! You've withstood some bullshit. And as the admin, that's hard to take. Right now you are the core of seeing new members back and you've got someone being just straight up mean to you, and shouting about the legacy of things, and they are not intending to let up.

but I really appreciate that you're trying to balance things here. I wish I could hug you in this regard, and I hope you remain patient.

I'm gonna invite some people to come back to this forum. maybe we all can.

wouldn't it be cool to have this? a videogame internet forum, where we're all so diverse, so actually different, like we were when we were young, laughing and talking, jokes and deep conversation, about the things we love, the things we have in common.

these days, it feels like it's getting rare.
Last edited by haaaDo on Sun May 12, 2019 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Clidus
Site Admin

Post#47 » Sun May 12, 2019 8:26 am

I appreciate your positivity :)

Cloud Strife
The Original Roleplay Creator/Moderator

Post#48 » Sun May 12, 2019 9:36 am

You have some nerve to tell me I'm being childish. You damn right I'm about that with my respect. Disrespect me, I disrespect back. Way it works with me. Call me a liar, you damn right I have a problem with that. You know what. I swear to fucking god. You want it dropped. Fine. Fuck it. It's fucking dropped. I want code added to the forum so you can be added to the ignore list Clidus cause we can't add admins to ignore list.(I know it won't happen :LOL: ) Cause, you and me, we will never get along. Ever. That ship sailed and will never return when you are trying to tell me I can't say something that I feel. You telling me I can't call someone something that is clearly true cause I got a good memory: Fine. You want me to get over something that still angers me (and should anger me): fine. You tried to issue some final warning: fine. And, I'm being mean?! That isn't even me being mean. That's me telling it like it is.

You got it. Yeah, I ain't got time for this. Welcome back Mercuryturrent. Peace out guys..if I see something worthwhile posting bout, I will. Chances are I lurk as I did six years ago before rejoining. And, to Neo Uncle Elmo, the forum was dying from the switch to ezboard, a lot of people LEFT due to the forum acting up. The roleplay helped reinvigorate the forums and kept activity alive up through the golden years. It was a staple to the forum and a good one that I doubt anyone would disagree about. The difference is someone saying that you, it's pointless to even explain anymore. You don't get it, and likely never will. Consider it dropped.

Hope you all are happy.
Last edited by Cloud Strife on Sun May 12, 2019 10:09 am, edited 10 times in total.

Cloud Strife
The Original Roleplay Creator/Moderator

Post#49 » Sun May 12, 2019 12:09 pm

Can't edit, allow me to apologize, I shouldn't say I we wouldn't get along. That's not true. I chalk it up to I'm not sure how to put it into words. Yes, I won't talk about it anymore. Consider it dropped. Yes, I still get angry thinking about it.

I say I apologize cause you in question Clidus had nothing to do with the events itself. I also apologize because well, I had this feeling come over me that's very intense. So tense in fact the previous anger and feeling pale in comparison. So, perhaps cause I couldn't or didn't know how to articulate as a 14/15-year-old boy when I came here. I can now. Because, well. Unfortunately, umm you do things to whats the word I'm looking for. I came to this forum after playing Final Fantasy VII to run from reality. I didn't like it. I started the roleplay or the post as Cloud because to me that felt better. Anything to just escape. To me, I felt I guess better about myself doing that.

So it kinda became uhh more important than my friends, uhh school, anything just to not feel I guess. I wanted to be someone else. I didn't like me I guess, not sure. So generally, I brought my two best friends along. It was easier to do this than to talk to someone, I'm not sure even now what the issue was. So, ya know I didn't have my own computer so I had to use other computers. And, uhh when I saw that ban happen. I was very devastated. It was my first forum, uhh I was doing something that made me happy and I figured including my friends would make me even happier. I tried relentlessly to prove to Cyrus that we were all different people. Pictures with my buddies gfs webcam. didn't satisfy Cyrus cause I couldn't verify every IP location that he had. That was hard to remember. Even though they were only a couple of places. I cause they had dynamic IP's so every computer was different despite it being on the same network. I'm not sure. But, it left me very angry and when I did the thing I did, I dunno why I said that to Taryn. I was really really angry. And, it just wasn't right. So, I spent the next couple years trying to capture that feeling and it just never happened. It was like smoking my first blunt, that high, it was incredible.

It's like being robbed of something that you felt you needed and it only happened cause you were wanting your friends to enjoy this diamond in the ruff you never knew existed. Of course, my friends didn't and still don't know the significance this place held for me even now. That's how good I am at hiding things. I still wonder to this day was anyone able to notice anything wrong with me or am I really that good at hiding things? I feel shame for it. I also feel like people who made me or know me for that matter should have been able to tell. So, since I'm being honest. I just had this random feeling right in the chest area, and I don't want no one to be alarmed. I don't have the guts for it. But, I really wanted to stop feeling. If that makes any sense. So, to kinda give you an idea of why I felt so strongly, I feel like I at least owe it to someone to say it to. And, partly because I don't think anyone I know will ever understand. Or, that I really want or don't feel like I can articulate that to them. Them being the people I see every day, who I call family. Who I call friends. And, to me. That's the greatest tragedy in life. I don't want anyone to feel sorry for me. That's not what this about. This is you guys understanding me. The person behind the username. The person that is typing up those words. The person who would read the awful things you would say about me in the aftermath. And, being vilified by the people who I wanted to be my friends. I did bring a lot of it on myself. But, I'm not even sure where I'm going with this..or what the point even really is. I learned something from it though, I learned compassion. And, I realized, that you can't say whatever you want. Sure, you can log off and pretend it's not real. But, sadly just because you can't see my face and vice versa, doesn't make it hurt any less. I apologized to Taryn. I emailed her a very nice long email explaining to her my regrets and asking if she would forgive me in 2012. That was before I even dreamed of making an account here. If she had not accepted my apology. I wouldn't have come back. It felt good to get it. I follow her on Instagram. I am grateful, she forgave me. You know, I always said I wish I could do it all over again knowing what I know now. Cause, I would do it differently. No, I don't want your sympathy. I don't want you to feel sorry me. If anything I just want to be understood. And, not misunderstood.
Last edited by Cloud Strife on Sun May 12, 2019 1:04 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Clidus
Site Admin

Post#50 » Sun May 12, 2019 4:49 pm

Hoo-boy.

I'm glad you wrote the follow-up post Cloud. I appreciate you have a lot of history and love for the forums and have struggled to express yourself. If it helps I don't even know any of the details regarding your original ban, but I imagine it must have sucked to have been kicked out of a place that meant a lot to you.

As way of apology to you, I was never trying to dismiss or claim your claims were not true or that you don't deserve to be respected as a person, I was simply asking for the matter to be dropped as it boiled down to a he said, she said argument regarding a subject that is many years old. In regard to this, I suggest we all agree to disagree and simply move on.

I suggest we focus on the matter at hand (and the subject of this thread!); reviving the forums. Maybe you'd be interested in contributing too or trying to start your own RP?

As haaaDo said we're a very small group right now. Friendly banter, debates, arguments, and trash talk are all welcome, but lets keep it respectful and fun everyone.
Last edited by Clidus on Sun May 12, 2019 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Discussion”