A Site/Forum Revival...

This forum is for threads of general content. Feel free to post anything you wish (within reasonable boundaries, of course).
Sephiroth9611
Of Hidden Rank

Re: A Site/Forum Revival...

Post#31 » Tue May 07, 2019 3:06 am

Close by each other? Yeah. :D Close by you? I don't remember where you live.
Since October 3rd, 2000 | "Quite a thing to live in fear, isn't it? That's what it is to be a slave."

SOLDIERofficer81

Post#32 » Tue May 07, 2019 2:26 pm

haaaDo wrote:Do you guys still live close by?

And it's pretty weird that we're all a bunch of old men on a video game message board, ha

I prefer to think of our community as having grown beyond FFVII. I haven't played in years, but I keep coming back, hoping to see a new post, afraid to see the board is finally gone.
"Let us never miss a step. May we never lose our friends. This is our home, our haven, our Citadel."
Citadel denizen since October 5, 2000 | SOLDIER's Final Fantasy VII Messageboard

Cloud Strife
The Original Roleplay Creator/Moderator

Post#33 » Thu May 09, 2019 2:29 am

Either way I stand by my statement. Period. Don't gotta like it, but you damn well will respect it. Period.
Last edited by Cloud Strife on Thu May 09, 2019 2:39 am, edited 3 times in total.

The Real Uncle Elmo
Founder member and Agony Uncle

Post#34 » Thu May 09, 2019 10:00 am

In 20 years, I've learned that respect is earned, and no debates are won by "I'm right, you're wrong."
"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice." - Scooter

Ex World Record holder.

Cloud Strife

Post#35 » Fri May 10, 2019 5:52 am

Well, thats just that. I am right. And, you are wrong about it. PERIOD. End of that story whatsoever. And, like I said, you respect it or you don't get respect. And, there is nothing to debate. Period. This is exactly how it went down.

Joined when we were on ITW, I was doing roleplay post before there was even a roleplay to even begin with. (Hence, I planted the seeds) The forums started to become unstable due to the coding, we moved to ezboard. Cyrus Dogstar your wonderful Admin at the time, created the roleplay forum and put me in charge of it so that we didn't spam the general discussion area and seen that it was something helpful to the forum. I brought my friends to the forum, and we did an alternate reality of Final Fantasy VII. I even had the idea for the original roleplay site which was the backdrop would be Midgar and each of its sectors would light up when rolled over it with your cursor to take you to a different section of the rpg's various information. I just didn't have the coding know-how at the time. Zack was President Shinra. [Which was also his forum username) I was Cloud. My buddies who joined were Sephy and Cid Highwind. We had a Reno, Rude and a few others. I had the idea for the roleplay site to keep track of everything. So, that does, in fact, make me The creator of the RPG, that makes me the first roleplay moderator and henceforth means they were my ideas given to the site. Not too long after the rpg was going, the whole death ordeal happened, you guys banned me on some bull and gave the position to Eric H. That's how it happened. Just because you guys don't remember the events doesn't make it not true. Just because YOU choose to not acknowledge the facts doesn't make your facts correct. (cause guess what, they aren't)

That's how it happened, Period. I'm all for giving respect but I refuse to be lied about "again" and told I wasn't something that I was or I didn't have a hand in creating that roleplay. I don't care what you tell yourselves to feel better. I know the truth. And, that isn't the truth that you guys tried to put on the site history. So, like I said don't like it. Well, tough shit. You can tell me to get over it, but I will when you lot realize you are wrong and it's corrected. End of the day, that's the facts. You don't gotta like it, you don't gotta agree(doesn't matter if you agree or disagree, cause they are the facts) but you will respect it. And, no I won't get over it. Tell me one reason I should get over it?
Last edited by Cloud Strife on Fri May 10, 2019 5:59 am, edited 4 times in total.

Clidus
Site Admin

Post#36 » Fri May 10, 2019 8:47 am

Cloud, you were told to move on.

This is a pointless debate, please drop this subject.

Cloud Strife

Post#37 » Fri May 10, 2019 5:29 pm

Lol you seen what I said.

It's not pointless. And the more you keep saying it's pointless is gonna make me more angry I was all for letting it go but I'm setting the record straight. This predates you so regardless of your position on the site I have no reason to drop it. If you wanna lock the topic. That's your best bet.

haaaDo

Post#38 » Fri May 10, 2019 9:35 pm

Ah nah I'm actually living in Philadelphia these days. I was down in the DC area for the last decade or so, but moved up after a divorce.

It would be cool to get some of the old gang back together. It'd be cool if a lot of the people Cloud mentioned showed back up. And welcome to the club man, I didn't know/remember you were banned--me too bro! lol

Clidus
Site Admin

Post#39 » Sat May 11, 2019 12:51 pm

Cloud Strife wrote:Lol you seen what I said.

It's not pointless. And the more you keep saying it's pointless is gonna make me more angry I was all for letting it go but I'm setting the record straight. This predates you so regardless of your position on the site I have no reason to drop it. If you wanna lock the topic. That's your best bet.

Right. Here's the thing. You started this debate by responding to your own post from 2013;
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=595#p2458

I have no interest in this debate, but you are being out of line and you have a bad attitude. You either drop it now, or I will take disciplinary action against you. Consider this your final warning.

The Real Uncle Elmo
Founder member and Agony Uncle

Post#40 » Sat May 11, 2019 2:16 pm

Because it's nearly 20 bloody years ago.
Do you know how many people care about my role in founding the Great Sequel Debate, without which there might not even be a Citadel in the first place?
The hours I stayed up till all hours, drawing up peace treaties in the ITW hoard wars,
The private messages to people and ill-fitting advice I gave like I had a clue.
No one. In fact, I'm not even sure thats true anymore. It was a lifetime ago.
Respect is something you damn well need to earn, and acting in this way will NOT get you respect from anyone. Even if you did found the roleplay on this board, whoop de freaking do. Where is the roleplay now? Did it make a difference?

Mercury - You were banned? Was that for trolling? It would be cool to get all oldies back for a chat.
"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice." - Scooter

Ex World Record holder.

Return to “General Discussion”