A Site/Forum Revival...

This forum is for threads of general content. Feel free to post anything you wish (within reasonable boundaries, of course).
User avatar
Cloud Strife
The Original Roleplay Creator/Moderator
Posts: 141
Contact:

A Site/Forum Revival...

Post#1 » Sat May 18, 2013 8:15 pm

I think we could actually get this place back to where it used to be...as a former member and former staff member in my not so glorious idiotic days I would like to extend my help to get this place as active as it used to be, if not more active. The reputation this forum has would most certainly be the reason this can happen. Could staff please PM me.
Image

User avatar
Sephiroth9611
Of Hidden Rank
Posts: 231
Location: Off-world colonies
Contact:

Re: A Site/Forum Revival...

Post#2 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:01 pm

As far as the forum, I'd say the best way to revive things is to be here, ready to post a thread or reply to someone else's. That's the ticket!
Since October 3rd, 2000 | "Quite a thing to live in fear, isn't it? That's what it is to be a slave."

User avatar
The Slider
Serious Discussion Moderator
Posts: 65
Location: Oz
Contact:

Re: A Site/Forum Revival...

Post#3 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:18 am

Why try to get this place back to where it used to be when you have a chance to get it to where it's going?

O_o

I mean..."Golden days"; ain't the same, so on and so forth
aliveonthemoon; deadonthesun

User avatar
R. Kasahara
CLOUD STRIFE IS A CHRONIC LIAR
Forums Admin
Posts: 165
Location: The Internet
Contact:

Re: A Site/Forum Revival...

Post#4 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:48 am

Slim Kracka wrote:as a former member and former staff member

I'm not sure if you're misremembering or flat-out lying, but you were never on the Citadel's staff.
Image
Image

User avatar
Ultimate Fantasy
Posts: 211
Location: Britian

Re: A Site/Forum Revival...

Post#5 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:41 pm

I sadly don't think a revival would be possible. All the old members have gone their separate ways with most of us now being in jobs and such so have less time to be on here. This does sadden me a way as I would love to see this place active with all the old faces specially as I still want to see the ending to Elmo's "Fanfic" thingy
Image

I probably like FF14 too much

User avatar
Sephiroth9611
Of Hidden Rank
Posts: 231
Location: Off-world colonies
Contact:

Re: A Site/Forum Revival...

Post#6 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:03 pm

R. Kasahara wrote:
Slim Kracka wrote:as a former member and former staff member

I'm not sure if you're misremembering or flat-out lying, but you were never on the Citadel's staff.

Reeve, I think it was before my time, but I have a dim recollection that Cloud had something to do with one of the early Role-Plays... Or I could be remembering wrong. From what I remember, it didn't go well or he got banned before it got off the ground?

Ultimate Fantasy wrote:I sadly don't think a revival would be possible. All the old members have gone their separate ways with most of us now being in jobs and such so have less time to be on here. This does sadden me a way as I would love to see this place active with all the old faces specially as I still want to see the ending to Elmo's "Fanfic" thingy

Well, consider. In the time it took you to check up on this thread and then post your comment about a revival not being possible in your opinion, you could have possibly posted in one of the other threads and kept the conversation going or even started a thread of your own. It's that easy. Maybe others will see a new post when they do their monthly check-in and they think to themselves, "Hmm, that's interesting," and then they post. Doesn't have to be super time consuming.
Since October 3rd, 2000 | "Quite a thing to live in fear, isn't it? That's what it is to be a slave."

User avatar
SOLDIERofficer81
Posts: 208
Location: 7th Heaven

Re: A Site/Forum Revival...

Post#7 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:35 pm

I agree with Sephiroth. Forum Revival doesn't have to be a return to the days when the Citadel had so many members, posting so many times, that it became a chore to keep track of things. I for one would be more than satisfied with visiting once a day, having one or two interesting new posts to read, replying or posting something myself, maybe even participating in a roleplay.
"Let us never miss a step. May we never lose our friends. This is our home, our haven, our Citadel."
Citadel denizen since October 5, 2000 | SOLDIER's Final Fantasy VII Messageboard

User avatar
R. Kasahara
CLOUD STRIFE IS A CHRONIC LIAR
Forums Admin
Posts: 165
Location: The Internet
Contact:

Re: A Site/Forum Revival...

Post#8 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:25 pm

Sephiroth9611 wrote:
R. Kasahara wrote:
Slim Kracka wrote:as a former member and former staff member

I'm not sure if you're misremembering or flat-out lying, but you were never on the Citadel's staff.

Reeve, I think it was before my time, but I have a dim recollection that Cloud had something to do with one of the early Role-Plays... Or I could be remembering wrong. From what I remember, it didn't go well or he got banned before it got off the ground?

Eric H. was RP forum mod prior to and during Post-Meteor, and had been planning the roleplay site, too (a project which I eventually revived and finished). I think Cloud was definitely banned before that RP, since he didn't participate in it. IIRC, he did have a lot of strong opinions and wanted to help shape the RP before his ban, but he was never at a staff-level position.
Image

Image

User avatar
Cloud Strife
The Original Roleplay Creator/Moderator
Posts: 141
Contact:

Re: A Site/Forum Revival...

Post#9 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:54 am

Actually I was around during ITW days. I was here for the first ezboard and actually was Roleplay Mod at said time. We started a roleplay that was pre-FFVII I guess you would call it? Sadly, I had real life issues come up, so I was demodded, it was given to Eric H but I had set in motion said roleplay forum ideas, site ideas and whatnot before post meteor roleplay begin, as that roleplay was beginning was being started, the whole account issue was brought forth that resulted in my banning. So, actually I was staff for maybe about a month but it never got made official because of all the hoopla known as The Cloud Strife Saga. Not trying to glorify anything here but being my first forum, first roleplay and forum position honestly worked against me.

Regardless, the only thing I personally will take credit for is planting the roleplaying seeds. Honestly I'm not looking for recognition, moreso I'm happy to see how it has helped shape the golden years. I do wish things turned out different for me though cause I missed it all due to my stupidity. ;_; I'm sorry to everyone for my actions. Maybe in some weird next life this can all happen again but the right way you know?

Edit: The weird thing is, I started the roleplaying on ITW if Elmo or Cyrus can remember I'm sure they do remember because it was annoying as hell. The thought of me doing a roleplay was because of a place called Vaxia, and I was sitting here thinking one day, maybe perhaps I can apply said rules and stuff to a world I find more interesting. Vaxia sadly used a stat system which at fourteen years old I determined was too complex and time consuming for my idea, which in reality was just a way for me to escape reality to begin with. I weaved a good idea but also screwed up my own damn idea. :S
Image

User avatar
Cloud Strife
The Original Roleplay Creator/Moderator
Posts: 141
Contact:

Re: A Site/Forum Revival...

Post#10 » Wed May 01, 2019 6:21 am

Cloud Strife wrote:Actually I was around during ITW days. I was here for the first ezboard and actually was Roleplay Mod at said time. We started a roleplay that was pre-FFVII I guess you would call it? Sadly, I had real life issues come up, so I was demodded, it was given to Eric H but I had set in motion said roleplay forum ideas, site ideas and whatnot before post meteor roleplay begin, as that roleplay was beginning was being started, the whole account issue was brought forth that resulted in my banning. So, actually I was staff for maybe about a month but it never got made official because of all the hoopla known as The Cloud Strife Saga. Not trying to glorify anything here but being my first forum, first roleplay and forum position honestly worked against me.

Regardless, the only thing I personally will take credit for is planting the roleplaying seeds. Honestly I'm not looking for recognition, moreso I'm happy to see how it has helped shape the golden years. I do wish things turned out different for me though cause I missed it all due to my stupidity. ;_; I'm sorry to everyone for my actions. Maybe in some weird next life this can all happen again but the right way you know?

Edit: The weird thing is, I started the roleplaying on ITW if Elmo or Cyrus can remember I'm sure they do remember because it was annoying as hell. The thought of me doing a roleplay was because of a place called Vaxia, and I was sitting here thinking one day, maybe perhaps I can apply said rules and stuff to a world I find more interesting. Vaxia sadly used a stat system which at fourteen years old I determined was too complex and time consuming for my idea, which in reality was just a way for me to escape reality to begin with. I weaved a good idea but also screwed up my own damn idea. :S



And, it's your memory that was wrong Reeve and it's you was flat out lying btw.
Image

Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron