Howdy

This forum is for threads of general content. Feel free to post anything you wish (within reasonable boundaries, of course).
User avatar
Tietjen
Posts: 9
Location: New York

Howdy

Post#1 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:34 am

Howdy! I'm new, I like FF7. I haven't completed the game itself though. ^^;;;

I want to make a fanfic based off FF7, so I'm researching as much as I can. I joined this community to learn more about FF7 and some of it's fanbase ( all of you ). But I really hope to make some new friends more than anything else. So feel free to ask me anything.

About me;
I'm an amateur artist
Former martial artist ( Tae Kwon Doe )
Part time gamer ( mostly mmos )
Avid internet user
I go to college
And I like black coffee

And I'm really sorry if I posted this in the wrong spot.

MetalGhost
Posts: 89

Re: Howdy

Post#2 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:31 pm

What are your thoughts on Godels Incompleteness theorems and the ramifications thereof?

Also: sup. I'm actually new here too, so my welcome is largely worthless, but regardless, it is extended.

User avatar
R. Kasahara
Senpai will never notice you.
Forums Admin
Posts: 165
Location: The Internet
Contact:

Re: Howdy

Post#3 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:06 pm

Welcome to the board, you two! Might as well introduce myself while I'm at it:

I'm the host and newsmonkey of the site. Been a member of this community (on and off, but pretty much all "on" since Advent Children was first revealed) for over ten years. Besides FFVII, I like nearly all types of games, and I'm also an avid manga reader, figure collector, and game soundtrack collector.

I've also written FFVII fanfic, but have been neglecting my current work in progress <_< >_>

Tietjen: We had a general "introductions" thread at the old forums (IIRC), but haven't started one here, so no worries, you haven't done anything wrong ^_^
Image
Image

User avatar
SOLDIERofficer81
Posts: 139
Location: Sector 7 slums
Contact:

Re: Howdy

Post#4 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:28 pm

Welcome! I'm always glad to see new people. I encourage you both to post and be happy!

A little about me:
    Ex-COLLEGE STUDENT
    Pro bono commentator
    Admitted news junkie
    Part time tv and movie reviewer
    Full time Information Superhighway Patrol trooper
    I take my coffee with four shots of whipped cream and four spoons of sugar
"Let us never miss a step. May we never lose our friends. This is our home, our haven, our Citadel."
Citadel denizen since October 5, 2000 | SOLDIER's Final Fantasy VII Messageboard

User avatar
Tietjen
Posts: 9
Location: New York

Re: Howdy

Post#5 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:55 am

@ MetalGhost ;
I had to google that and found the summary interesting. But I'm lucky if I can sit through an algebra lecture much less understand why the rules are in place to begin with. xD Though I am astonished by the minds that come up with such things! A lot of geniuses though are subject to poor mental health. I caught a clip of a youtube video explaining that Godel had toxicophobia , and died because his wife was in the hospital and couldn't taste test his food. And did you know that Stephen Hawking has a thing for Marilyn Monroe? xD Not that that's a mental health issue but I found it interesting when it popped up on Yahoo news a while back.

It's also a pleasure to meet you, and good to know I share newbie status with another. If only we had that brand new car smell. jk! >< Your welcome isn't worthless at all by the way, it's nice to be acknowledged no matter how long you've been here. Welcome to the site as well!

@ R. Kasahara ;
Thank you for the welcome. ^_^ I can see you like vocaloids too. That's pretty neat in itself. Although I like Miku, Luka is my favorite. I named a character I play in SWTOR ( star wars the old republic) after the song Lariat. Just got a shirt with Len and Rin on it a couple days ago and I adore it! I wish I could collect figures, but I'm learning how to mod dolls right now so nothing of doll type nature is safe. But I am with you with the manga reading. I have a couple stacks of mangas at my house, and that doesn't include what I read online.

If you have your fanfic posted, i'd enjoy taking a look. Being a huge procrastinator myself I understand how things get put off. xD I'm not saying you procrastinate though but I really feel for those situations. As a procrastinator though and having a some what short attention span I have a list of things that never get done. I hugely admire people who utilize their time well.

What other games do you like to play? Do you have any reccomendations? I think you're the person I sent a friend request to on Deviant Art. xD And I am really happy I didn't do anything wrong, I have bad perception skills. Sometimes I do lazy reading too.

@ SOLDIERofficer81;

Aw shucks thank you for the encouragement and the welcome. I will try my best to honor that and post as much as possible. But if I may ask what does your job entail? I'm not familiar with it. I'm sorta confused too cause it sounds both like a tech job and a state tropper type of thing. xD I'm really not the brightest crayon in the box. lol The movie reviewing sounds like fun. But I'd hate to sit through another Twilight movie... ( not to offend anyone who likes it by the way, but I'm not a fan and I had expected better from Kristen Stewart ). But paying to go to the movies is like an arm and a leg nowdays anyway. Not by oneself but like if you have more than one person the expenses including food and drinks go up in huge quantities. And quality movies are a rarity. I just wait for dvds and streaming online. xD I find theatre preformances more alluring because it's like magic when you see a preformance live. I would die peacefully if I could see Phantom of The Opera live ( in a good seat too mind you ).

User avatar
R. Kasahara
Senpai will never notice you.
Forums Admin
Posts: 165
Location: The Internet
Contact:

Re: Howdy

Post#6 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:41 am

Luka was my favorite when I started getting into Vocaloid, but I'm more into MEIKO now. I know she's a first-gen Vocaloid and all, but I love her voice. As far as non-Crypton Vocaloids go, I hear a lot of good things about Gumi/Megpoid, but haven't heard many songs of hers. I'm more of a dabbler in that fandom than anything.

"Double Lariat" is one of my faves ^_^ Miku's "Po Pi Po" too, obviously. As for manga, I buy all of mine whenever possible and never read scanlations anymore (not that I did much to begin with); don't know how many hundreds of volumes of the stuff I have now!

My fic is here. And I am an enormous procrastinator; see my profile for evidence ;)
Image

Image

MetalGhost
Posts: 89

Re: Howdy

Post#7 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:31 am

Tietjen wrote:@ MetalGhost ;
I had to google that and found the summary interesting. But I'm lucky if I can sit through an algebra lecture much less understand why the rules are in place to begin with. xD Though I am astonished by the minds that come up with such things! A lot of geniuses though are subject to poor mental health. I caught a clip of a youtube video explaining that Godel had toxicophobia , and died because his wife was in the hospital and couldn't taste test his food. And did you know that Stephen Hawking has a thing for Marilyn Monroe? xD Not that that's a mental health issue but I found it interesting when it popped up on Yahoo news a while back.

It's also a pleasure to meet you, and good to know I share newbie status with another. If only we had that brand new car smell. jk! >< Your welcome isn't worthless at all by the way, it's nice to be acknowledged no matter how long you've been here. Welcome to the site as well!


It does seem to be a common trend that increased intellect is correlated with likelihood (and severity) of mental disorders. Yeah, he was a paranoid sob, which I can't help but admire, even if I believe he took it just a wee bit too far :P

I did not know that, but then again who doesn't have a thing for her? hehe :3

Thankee.

User avatar
Tietjen
Posts: 9
Location: New York

Re: Howdy

Post#8 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:12 am

MetalGhost wrote:
Tietjen wrote:@ MetalGhost ;
I had to google that and found the summary interesting. But I'm lucky if I can sit through an algebra lecture much less understand why the rules are in place to begin with. xD Though I am astonished by the minds that come up with such things! A lot of geniuses though are subject to poor mental health. I caught a clip of a youtube video explaining that Godel had toxicophobia , and died because his wife was in the hospital and couldn't taste test his food. And did you know that Stephen Hawking has a thing for Marilyn Monroe? xD Not that that's a mental health issue but I found it interesting when it popped up on Yahoo news a while back.

It's also a pleasure to meet you, and good to know I share newbie status with another. If only we had that brand new car smell. jk! >< Your welcome isn't worthless at all by the way, it's nice to be acknowledged no matter how long you've been here. Welcome to the site as well!


It does seem to be a common trend that increased intellect is correlated with likelihood (and severity) of mental disorders. Yeah, he was a paranoid sob, which I can't help but admire, even if I believe he took it just a wee bit too far :P

I did not know that, but then again who doesn't have a thing for her? hehe :3

Thankee.


I would of hated to be him cause I love eatting. Can't imagine dragging a food tester around. lol Marilyn though was pretty awesome. I think only Tony Curtis didn't like her cause she was too smart for him.

User avatar
Madhouse
Posts: 108
Location: Paris

Re: Howdy

Post#9 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:40 am

Increased intelect is correlated with the likelihood of mental disorders? Hah, I wish.

I guess many FF7 are science nerds or something like that. So explaining the physics of your world is very appreciated, and the more rigorous and consistent about it the better.
Last edited by Madhouse on Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Avatar made by 2dforever

MetalGhost
Posts: 89

Re: Howdy

Post#10 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:41 am

Specimen wrote:Increased intelect is correlated with the likelihood of mental disorders? Hah, I wish.


It is. So... wish granted?

Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron