What are you currently playing?

This forum is for threads of general content. Feel free to post anything you wish (within reasonable boundaries, of course).
Ultimate Fantasy

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post#131 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:40 am

Been playing a bit of elite dangerous the last few days. It's really cool but one of those games where the first hour or so you have no idea what your doing. But I generally understand how to fly my ship now. Though I don't appreciate whenever you come out of hyper space your dropped right next to a star. It's makes me panic every time haha

I probably like FF14 too much

Uncle Elmonesian

Post#132 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:23 am

Gaming wise, I feel I've regressed to simpler gameplay. I find myself drawn to either a good story which doesn't require much grinding to achieve, very simple platformers or quirky indie titles.
I'm currently playing through the Duck Tails remaster on PS3, Mopping up on Rayman Legends and Little Big Planet on my Vita. On iPad I'm playing through Thomas Was Alone (for the third time, have already finished it on PS3 and Vita). I have Chrono Trigger to play when I have time :)

The Slider
Serious Discussion Moderator

Post#133 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:16 am

Back on Kingdom Hearts!
aliveonthemoon; deadonthesun

Saber

Post#134 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:52 pm

How is Bloodborne?

With the announcement of FF7 I'll probably be getting a PS4 but I've also been kicking around the idea of building a new PC. Money's not much of an issue but should I go for the PS4 as Bloodborne, MGSV, Unchartered 4 are on the horizon?

R. Kasahara
Senpai will never notice you.
Forums Admin

Post#135 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:07 am

I've been playing Brütal Legend which is quite good. The only really sub-par things about it are the overly familiar plot and the occasional control glitch, but it's fun otherwise. Double Fine really went to town with the heavy metal theme. Right now, I'm near the end and running around the world to gather as many Fire Tributes as I can (and up my stats some more).

I'm also currently working through Picross DS, though it has like a billion puzzles so who knows when I'll be done with it, and Puzzle & Dragons Z Super Mario Bros. Edition, which is fun but rather grindy.

Ultimate Fantasy

Post#136 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:24 am

I am currently back on FF14 myself. Though I spend most of my time on it in the golden saucer racing chocobo's and playing triple triad haha.

I finished ff7 on steam the other day. Finally got round to beating ruby and emerald weapon. I swear i didn't manage this thanks to a certain bug to do with the w-item materia haha

Lastly I also finished Witcher 3 which was one of the best games I have played in a while. Even though it was a medieval style magic rpg it felt refreshing. It's writing was amazing I laughed so much while also feeling the tension of the world. Geralt as a character I found really interesting. Even though physically he shows little emotion his reactions to things in the world always interested me. Lastly the combat was cool. It was that level where it was challenging but not impossible. So not so easy it got boring but not so difficult it was frustrating. Just that perfect level it made you feel like a badass when you pulled stuff off haha.

I probably like FF14 too much

Clyde Strife

Post#137 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:42 pm

Does anyone here play World of Warcraft? I've been playing off and on for about 8 years, but regularly for the past year.

R. Kasahara
Senpai will never notice you.
Forums Admin

Post#138 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:58 pm

Lately I've been playing Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love which is more dating sim/visual novel than RPG, and last night and this morning, I played through Evoland.

You guys really need to play Evoland.

It's a brief journey through the history of Zelda games and RPGs. First, the bad parts: it's not very comprehensive. The inspiration mostly comes from Zelda and FF; turn-based Western RPGs, Tales-style action RPGs, SRPGs, monster-collecting games, roguelikes/mystery dungeons, and several other types of RPG aren't at all represented. Other than that, the game is rather well made, and there's several references to FFVII in particular. There's also a plot-relevant tower called the Black Citadel which has me wondering if the creators are paying homage to this site >_>

Anyway, it's cute and funny, and worth checking out if you're looking for something to buy once the next Steam sale rolls around. There's also a sequel being made, which will hopefully be a bit more diverse in its influences.

TrueBOSS
The_TrueBOSS

Post#139 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:27 pm

Currently playing: Destiny, Godzilla, and thief all on the ps4.
He's back. He is The_TrueBOSS
Check me and my partners out at: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheTrueBOSSofJupiter

Masamune

Post#140 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:20 pm

I started a new game on ff2. From ff origins. Never gone through it all the way.
Where a sig should be :(

Return to “General Discussion”