What are you currently playing?

This forum is for threads of general content. Feel free to post anything you wish (within reasonable boundaries, of course).
The Slider
Serious Discussion Moderator

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post#121 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:49 am

I finished Bioshock Infinite but will decline to go on to Burial at Sea.

I'm back to Tales of Xillia after a brief departure to The Walking Dead
aliveonthemoon; deadonthesun

Ultimate Fantasy

Post#122 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:42 pm

Im currently giving Dark Souls another go. This time I am doing much better and it's rather fun but it seems to never end.....there's always another harder boss......my sanity

I probably like FF14 too much

Dimma

Post#123 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:38 pm

Dimma wrote:I got stuck in FFXII, on the wall boss. Saved before it, and the party is barely xperienced enough to defeat it, but I did that once after like 15 tries, and it turned out there's no save after the boss, but half an hour or so of running around among enemies. It was late into the night so I just turned off the power.

I restarted FFXII from the beginning, and played five levels higher this time to beat that Raithwall boss, and I did :LOL: then I realized there is actually a save after it (...you just go backwards a little bit to a teleport)
Anyway the game is great fun for me, just don't mind spending time on grinding (the gambit techinques are so automagical)
Haha the voice dialogs are hilarious sometimes. Vaan is such whatever, but what does that matter when Balthier and Fran are super cool and sky pirates.

Anguipes wrote:And they managed to make the combat system even more technical and opaque. It's not, technically, a terrible game, but story and characters are so cliche and lackluster and I could go on forever about how bad the writing is (seriously, I think 80% of the lines are a)

Hmm maybe they had an unusually good writer to sometime before FFXII.

Madhouse wrote:Added FFXIII to my list of games I'll never buy.

But it looks so good. I completely agree with Anguipes, and I stopped playing FFXIII a bit in. Sold it. But I kinda want to buy it again. It's cheap!

kid_z

Post#124 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:29 pm

I'm playing Final Fantasy V for the first time in about fourteen years. I forgot how, uh, light the story is. :P

Dimma

Post#125 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:22 am

The ending of Final Fantasy 12 was so great it left me needing some more similar. Yeah so I played the ending again.

Then I picked up Phantasy Star Universe since it's Edit: forget that.
Dimma wrote:FFXIII a bit in. Sold it. But I kinda want to buy it again. It's cheap!
So I bought it again, and d*rn this game is good, what was I thinking before? I need to take that back.
Dimma wrote:I love "characterisation" and I did think FFXIII had shallow characters. I didn't feel involved and stopped after 10 hours or so (stopped mostly because of getting "stopped" by the non-sense battle system =)
To be honest it was Eidolon Odin that stopped me because I was soo bad at battling. Check my list of mistakes before Odin, haha!
  • Did not know the difference between Commando (phys-attacks) and Ravager (magic) eh that's sort of basic ^^;;;
  • Felt that status enhancements of Synergists wasn't worth their round (like nobody needed Protect in FF7 you know)
  • Had not upgraded my weapons though there's a tutorial just before Odin.
It turned out upgrading weapons was like +32 way better than the +2 or something I had guessed!

And the characters are not as shallow as I thought, now I'm actually impressed by the fine nuances FFXIII motion captured faces let us see. Like each time Sazh says something and at the end you may hear he didn't know so well, or how strongly Snow believes in his sake he actually is not just naive. Vanille is weird, her voice sounds malplaced to me, but now and then you may see why, when she actually is forcing herself to sound like that sugar rush :P or something, but it's for a reason! And angry Lightning is in a completely another light during the City of Bodhum fireworks where she looks so unsecure. Let's just say I think the story is interesting.

Ultimate Fantasy

Post#126 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:12 am

Anyone else here a Persona fan? As I am currently fan boying over the new persona 5 trailer haha. God it looks good. I have been on a bit of a persona spree lately with playing Persona Q and Persona 4 Arena Ultimax

Dimma

Post#127 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:21 pm

Purged by PSICOM ;)
Last edited by Dimma on Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

R. Kasahara
Senpai will never notice you.
Forums Admin

Post#128 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:00 pm

Hey guys, if you want to continue the P5 discussion, do it in this thread or a new one. I let Ultimate Fantasy's comment slide because he did mention that he's been playing other Persona games, but any further chat about P5 or other unreleased titles will be moved.

As for me, I'm currently up to six gym badges in Pokemon SoulSilver. I've been playing a couple of other games on and off as well, but nothing worth mentioning :P

Ultimate Fantasy

Post#129 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:32 am

Ah sorry about that. I just wondering if there any other Persona fan here :) with Q and Ultimax having been out lately. Plus I have never met many other fans of the series sadly. I really want to play some more Ultimax but everyone who plays it online is soooooo much better than me. The 3 genre's I am bad at platformers, RTS's and fighters. This may have resulted in me losing literally 40 times in a row >_>

Pokemon Soul Silver is pretty good fun. I have been wanting to play more Alpha Sapphire but I just don't have the time. Which is a pity as I want to sort my team so I can organise and another pokemon tournament at work :).

Well other games I have been playing lately are Far Cry 4 and Far Cry Blood Dragon. 4 was okay just not as good as 3. Blood Dragon though was pretty damn good. I was laughing at all the cheesy old school references for ages.

R. Kasahara
Senpai will never notice you.
Forums Admin

Post#130 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:16 am

I need to play Blood Dragon one of these days. I haven't played any of the "main" Far Cry games (and probably won't; not a big open-world fan), but that one looks like good cheesy fun.

In the meantime, here's a(n un)real update on what I've been playing. Today I started Unreal Gold! Unreal Tournament is my favorite multiplayer game of all time, and since I picked up Steam's Unreal Deal pack cheap during one of their big sales, I'm planning on playing through the campaigns for each game in the franchise this year, up to Unreal Tournament 3 Black. For the record, I've never played through (or finished, in the case of Unreal Tournament 2003) any of these campaigns before.

Unreal certainly shows its age and doesn't hold up as well as Half-Life did (I played through the entire HL franchise last year), but it is fast-paced, has great map design, and does remind me a bit of UT, which was originally published the following year. Speaking of which, UT's GOTY Edition is next after I'm done with both of Unreal Gold's single-player campaigns, and I'm pretty interested (and nervous) about seeing how it looks here in 2015. If that goes well, I might want to do some multiplayer UT; if anyone here would like to play some matches in the future, hit me up on Steam :)

Return to “General Discussion”