What are you currently playing?

This forum is for threads of general content. Feel free to post anything you wish (within reasonable boundaries, of course).
Ultimate Fantasy

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post#111 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:16 pm

By the power of the old gods and the new that is damn expensive. I also guess with Valve starting to put in region locking for games on steam to stop people in cheaper economic area's and selling them to others via trade is going to kick Australia in the balls a bit.

I probably like FF14 too much

R. Kasahara
Senpai will never notice you.
Forums Admin

Post#112 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:49 pm

Ultimate Fantasy wrote:I also guess with Valve starting to put in region locking for games on steam to stop people in cheaper economic area's and selling them to others via trade is going to kick Australia in the balls a bit.

Valve is actually doing that?! :O

Indie games are still reasonably priced, though, right?

The Slider
Serious Discussion Moderator

Post#113 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:16 pm

R. Kasahara wrote:
Ultimate Fantasy wrote:I also guess with Valve starting to put in region locking for games on steam to stop people in cheaper economic area's and selling them to others via trade is going to kick Australia in the balls a bit.

As far as I can see yes, particularly local ones, which I guess is a point
aliveonthemoon; deadonthesun

Ultimate Fantasy

Post#114 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:48 am

R. Kasahara wrote:

Yeh they are. It's to try and stop people making a profit by selling games view steam trades to people in countries where the game is more expensive. Though at the same time they have adding some new sharing functions. Like me and a friend from home have set our steam accounts so we can play each others games from our own profile.

On a brighter note just finished South Park Stick of Truth. Fair play one of the funniest games I have ever played, I was laughing all the way through. It's up there with Portal 2 with being a game which actually successfully pulled of humor.

Also anyone here had a go of Project Spark? Just after everyone raving about it I had a go and was rather disappointed. It is a beta so i will forgive it for the creation tools feeling a bit clumsy and a lack of a few handy ones. But I was hoping to have some fun creating some landscapes and stuff but then I discovered 90% of the materials/props you have to pay for. Add in how you level up your profile by making stuff makes it feel as just a game about making games. Rather than easy way into learning how to game design like I was hoping

I probably like FF14 too much

Anguipes
Roleplay Moderator

Post#115 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:28 pm

Just ordered Lightning Returns and the FFX/X-2 HD remake. So, um, yeah. I'll get back to you on the results of my masochism. <_< >_>

R. Kasahara
Senpai will never notice you.
Forums Admin

Post#116 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:29 pm

Just beat de Blob 2. It's a decent sequel, but it takes a step back in that there's no free play mode >:[ >:[ >:[

Also finally posted my Persona 4 review this morning. Excellent game. Just learned about the "True Ending" last night while poking around GameFAQs, so I may go back to it and unlock that.

Ambigore

Post#117 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:54 pm

Just downloaded Banished, which looks like a medieval / fantasy-themed SimCity-like game. It's been fun, although a little buggy. It's an indie game, which gets a big plus from me.

http://www.shiningrocksoftware.com/game/

I thought about buying the latest SimCity and wondered why I never got it, but then I remembered it was by EA. Pass!

Anguipes
Roleplay Moderator

Post#118 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:39 am

Well, just got through Lightning Returns. And I'm probably a little biased as it ends on a cliche that is one of my pet hates, but good lord the story over the three game arc is such a horrible disjointed mess. And they managed to make the combat system even more technical and opaque. It's not, technically, a terrible game, but story and characters are so cliche and lackluster and I could go on forever about how bad the writing is (seriously, I think 80% of the lines are a) entirely characterless exposition or b) characters repeating things that they've been told to other characters).

Madhouse

Post#119 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:36 am

Added FFXIII to my list of games I'll never buy.

Ex-SOLDIER

Post#120 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:08 am

Titanfall, Killer Instinct, Final Fantasy X HD, and Dragon's Crown are my current conquests.

FFX is a lot harder to get through than I thought, simply because its so slow to get going.

Return to “General Discussion”