What are you currently playing?

This forum is for threads of general content. Feel free to post anything you wish (within reasonable boundaries, of course).
Madhouse

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post#101 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:27 am

Did you play the previous Bioshock games? I'm thinking of playing Infinite as well but I haven't done the other two.

Ultimate Fantasy

Post#102 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:28 pm

I have so many games going at the mo haha.

devil survivor 2- Very very good game. Ball breakingly difficult but a epic dark story that is clearly inspired by evangelion but with a much less annoying main character

Octadad dadliest catch- Funny and a good game but it won't work with my controller on my home pc so i can only play it on breaks in work.

Fable Anniversary- I am struggling to play this. The game tester's curse comes in strong while playing this as all I can see is bugs......so so many bugs that it just gets me annoyed haha. There's only so many times I can deal with a misaligned cutscene camera resulting in a scene of chin close ups haha.

Assassins Creed brotherhood- I am trying to catch up with the series as i haven't played them in ages. Okay so far just haven't had time to sit down and play it

Ocarina of Time 3D- Got this a while ago I just keep getting distracted by other games.

I also have the demo for Bravery default and Virtue's last reward on my 2DS which i need to play. Just work eats up my time. Well that and Awesomenauts. I do play rather a lot of Awesomenauts I love that game haha

I probably like FF14 too much

WesGreenmcqueen

Post#103 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:00 pm

I am currently playing "The last of us" which isn't really gripping me. Previously I played Telltales "The walking dead" and it was beyond epic.

9 out of 10 from me that

The Slider
Serious Discussion Moderator

Post#104 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:53 am

Specimen wrote:Did you play the previous Bioshock games? I'm thinking of playing Infinite as well but I haven't done the other two.

No I haven't, I didn't hear good things about the second one but have only had a constant stream of positive reviews from sources I trust for Infinite, so at $35 (which for Australia is very cheap) I couldn't say no.

Will post up what I think :)
aliveonthemoon; deadonthesun

Madhouse

Post#105 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:15 am

Holy... Do you guys have higher salaries over there or something like that?

Anguipes
Roleplay Moderator

Post#106 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:28 pm

I assume that's Australian dollars not US dollars? (Not that the difference is huge). That's under £20, slightly over 20 euros, just over $30USD. Seems reasonable to me?

R. Kasahara
Senpai will never notice you.
Forums Admin

Post#107 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:08 pm

In addition, mainstream games tend to be very expensive in Australia at "regular" prices, so $35 AUS is a good deal.

The Slider

Post#108 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:56 am

Australia is the bitch of the marketplace. It has even been raised in Australian Parliament, including hauling Apple/Adobe etc in for questioning, but no one will actually do anything about it until the public stops paying top dollar like a pack of rabid fanboys. The excuses are typical crap - smaller market, more transport costs etc, when the real reason is simple - because they can.

Cases in point:
To download e-copies of various items (games, software, music), often the price is double or so in Australia compared to US. For a digital download. For reals.

To buy actual items, it is often cheaper to buy them from the US via a redirect mail company, paying for local than international shipping, rather than pay the Australian store price (for international companies such as Lego that have a central site but multiple nation specific online sites). Eg When the AU$ was fetching $1.05 US, The Lego Death Star was AU$799 or US$399, which was about AU$419 after sales tax is added and converted. With free local US shipping, then AU$150 to ship her, I still saved over AU$200.

Crikey.

EDIT: Forgot an important noun (in italics)
Last edited by The Slider on Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Slider

Post#109 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:57 am

NB A New release AAA game is usually AU$100, just to back up Reeve's point above.

Anguipes
Roleplay Moderator

Post#110 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:18 am

Fuckity shit. I knew it was bad, but I didn't know it was that bad. o_o

Return to “General Discussion”