What are you currently playing?

This forum is for threads of general content. Feel free to post anything you wish (within reasonable boundaries, of course).
User avatar
Dimma
Posts: 47
Location: Sweden

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post#91 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:42 pm

Specimen wrote:Image

Dude, that avatar Specimen lookis awesome.

I got stuck in FFXII, on the wall boss. Saved before it, and the party is barely xperienced enough to defeat it, but I did that once after like 15 tries, and it turned out there's no save after the boss, but half an hour or so of running around among enemies. It was late into the night so I just turned off the power.

So now I keep playing Assassin's Creed Revelations every other night instead, this game seems endless even after playing through the story, the city is still so huge and lots left to discover, sneaking around like Solid Snake in a hood. It's so cozy in this game.

User avatar
Keefy
Posts: 42
Location: Sector 6 slums

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post#92 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:46 am

Most recently I've played Rogue Legacy, which is a masterful achievement and provided many hours of delight, although it did rather drop short towards the end. If you can pick it up on the cheap, then definitely worth a look. Very tidy platformer/rpg.

Before that I'd finally started playing Jagged Alliance 2, a game I have been well overdue for. Unfortunately, it takes a certain mindset to play a tactical permadeath rpg without save-scumming and... well, I'm weak. Having spoiled the game by my own perfectionism, I've just left that one halfway through. Undoubtedly great, mind.

Personally, I think FFXII is pretty awful, but I'm glad to hear that some of you folks have dragged some pleasure out of it. :P

User avatar
R. Kasahara
Senpai will never notice you.
Forums Admin
Posts: 165
Location: The Internet
Contact:

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post#93 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:29 am

Keefy wrote:Most recently I've played Rogue Legacy, which is a masterful achievement and provided many hours of delight, although it did rather drop short towards the end. If you can pick it up on the cheap, then definitely worth a look. Very tidy platformer/rpg.

Yay, Rogue Legacy! That was one of my favorite games from last year; I highly recommend it if you're into both platformers and roguelikes/likes. And if by "drop short" you mean "the boss in the Maya was a royal PITA, but that was as tough as the game ever got", then agreed ;)

As for what I've been playing recently, I finally started Persona 4 (the original on PS2). It's all right so far, and started off a bit slower than I expected, but it turned out to be a good kind of slow. I'm still pretty early in, but it looks like it's going to be a solid game, even though some of the voice acting is sub-par *cough*Chie*cough*Margaret*cough*

Also cranked through Toki Tori 2+ this weekend. It's very different from the original Toki Tori-- the biggest surprise was that there's no sort of tutorial at all: you have to figure out just about everything on your own. However, like the original, it's a reasonably challenging and well-designed puzzle game. It's worth checking out if you liked the first game.

Finally, I played through Game Dev Tycoon last week. It's very similar to Kairosoft's Game Dev Story and has some flaws (lack of genre choices being the big one, IMO), but it was okay.
Image
Image

User avatar
Dimma
Posts: 47
Location: Sweden

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post#94 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:43 pm

Keefy wrote:Personally, I think FFXII is pretty awful, but I'm glad to hear that some of you folks have dragged some pleasure out of it. :P

I am glad too =D ...I like parts of the game a lot actually, though all the battling makes it relatively hard to get to the good parts ...On top of that, the battle play is one of the good parts (X my favorite of battles in the series) well I guess the battles are good while too much isn't ^^;;;

- I would like to play through the whole game eventually, which makes it more fun than FF13 for me.

User avatar
Madhouse
Posts: 108
Location: Paris

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post#95 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:47 am

Dimma wrote:
Specimen wrote:Image

Dude, that avatar Specimen lookis awesome.


There really is some amazing stuff at Deviantart, even if you have to scroll a lot of RenoxVincent posts. I've only recently found that site is a gold mine for a lot of fans to give their take on some FFVII aspects that weren't as explored in the compilation. I found this drawing to be so well drawn and original, I just had to have it as an avatar!
Perhaps we could dedicate a thread to find good deviantart posts and discuss them?

I've been playing a lot of Garry's mod lately, and it's so much fun. I think we should have a FFVII Citadel GM event or at least play it once in a while.
Avatar made by 2dforever

User avatar
R. Kasahara
Senpai will never notice you.
Forums Admin
Posts: 165
Location: The Internet
Contact:

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post#96 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:57 pm

Specimen wrote:There really is some amazing stuff at Deviantart, even if you have to scroll a lot of RenoxVincent posts. I've only recently found that site is a gold mine for a lot of fans to give their take on some FFVII aspects that weren't as explored in the compilation. I found this drawing to be so well drawn and original, I just had to have it as an avatar!
Perhaps we could dedicate a thread to find good deviantart posts and discuss them?\

Not to get too off-topic, but I hope you asked permission or otherwise made sure it was cool to use that piece as your avatar. Some fanartists really don't like to have their work used by others without their knowledge, even if it's just a forum avatar :P

BTW, you might want to check out the (currently closed) Citadel DA club. There's some good stuff in there.

On-topic: beat Paper Mario: Sticker Star recently. It was underwhelming. Right now, I'm going through Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood (mediocre, but fun enough), and Persona 4 (still).
Image

Image

Anguipes
Roleplay Moderator
Posts: 156

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post#97 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:11 pm

I made the mistake of picking up Dwarf Fortress again while I've been recuperating. Suddenly it's days later and I have underground rivers, 100 floor magma pumps and am considering spelling out PET SEMATARY with coffins.

User avatar
Madhouse
Posts: 108
Location: Paris

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post#98 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:38 am

R. Kasahara wrote:Not to get too off-topic, but I hope you asked permission or otherwise made sure it was cool to use that piece as your avatar.

Ahh, I didn't even think about it. I have to ask now.

R. Kasahara wrote:BTW, you might want to check out the (currently closed) Citadel DA club.

That will be a page I'll have to look to this weekend. Just the first posts I saw there proves me how wrong I was to think that Deviantart was a place for teenagers to post their cheesy drawings and uninteresting motifs.

Anguipes wrote:I made the mistake of picking up Dwarf Fortress again while I've been recuperating.

I already heard of this game so many times. Just how time-consuming is it anyways?


A̶n̶d̶ ̶H̶E̶Y̶ ̶G̶a̶r̶r̶y̶s̶ ̶m̶o̶d̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶s̶a̶l̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶S̶t̶e̶a̶m̶!̶ ̶Y̶o̶u̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶b̶u̶y̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶1̶,̶9̶9̶!̶ ̶H̶o̶w̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶g̶u̶y̶s̶?̶ ̶:̶ ̶D̶D̶ Nevermind, it's back to 8,99 ):
Avatar made by 2dforever

Anguipes
Roleplay Moderator
Posts: 156

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post#99 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:07 pm

Specimen wrote:
Anguipes wrote:I made the mistake of picking up Dwarf Fortress again while I've been recuperating.

I already heard of this game so many times. Just how time-consuming is it anyways?

It's one of those games that you have to sit down and learn how to play, which is time-consuming. Then learn how to avoid your framerate tanking or the game crashing. Then learn how to use the various third-party addons that make organizing certain tasks tolerable. Then you'll still be micromanaging constantly, or pausing to plan some grand construction... It devours time @_@.

All that being said, it's one of those things I recommend trying because if you like it you'll love it and there's so much you can do.

User avatar
The Slider
Serious Discussion Moderator
Posts: 54
Location: Oz
Contact:

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post#100 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:39 am

I picked up Bioshock Infinte. I know, a bit late. And I still haven't started - must finish Lego: Lord of the Rings first...
aliveonthemoon; deadonthesun

Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron