What are you currently playing?

This forum is for threads of general content. Feel free to post anything you wish (within reasonable boundaries, of course).
Ambigore

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post#11 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:15 pm

Keefy wrote:Lord of the Rings online, again.

And I may be due a break. Got caught up in the crafting system and now it seems like I have to put in a good few hours a day just to make it worthwhile. I've boxed myself into a corner which demands effort, and repetition, which is a bad thing. Can't really fault the game for that, just the bizarre approach I've taken to it. Probably due a break.

Football Management has been calling lately. Oh, God...

I've got a female elf on LOTRO. What server are you on? Once you get beyond Lothlorien, LOTRO turns to crap. I'm currently in Mirkwood and they're recycling battle music from MORIA. Coz elven forests have alot in common with dwarven mines, apparently. :LOL:

I'm currently playing Crusader Kings 2 on the PC. If you like The Tudors or Game of Thrones, you'll love this game. It's like the Sims set in the Middle Ages and you manage your own dynasty over four centuries. Very very cool.

Keefy

Post#12 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:50 am

Ambigore wrote:
Keefy wrote:Lord of the Rings online, again.

And I may be due a break. Got caught up in the crafting system and now it seems like I have to put in a good few hours a day just to make it worthwhile. I've boxed myself into a corner which demands effort, and repetition, which is a bad thing. Can't really fault the game for that, just the bizarre approach I've taken to it. Probably due a break.

Football Management has been calling lately. Oh, God...

I've got a female elf on LOTRO. What server are you on? Once you get beyond Lothlorien, LOTRO turns to crap. I'm currently in Mirkwood and they're recycling battle music from MORIA. Coz elven forests have alot in common with dwarven mines, apparently. :LOL:

I'm currently playing Crusader Kings 2 on the PC. If you like The Tudors or Game of Thrones, you'll love this game. It's like the Sims set in the Middle Ages and you manage your own dynasty over four centuries. Very very cool.

I'm afraid to say that I'm on Dwarrowdelf, and with 7 alts I'm very heavily based there. Sadly, Dwarrowdelf as a server has turned into a bit of a disaster. I joined not long after it became free to play, when Dwarrowdelf was the ftp server. Back then the world was an extremely buzzing place, and Bree used to have multiple layers to cope with the vast numbers of people based there. These days, it feels like around 60% of the active accounts are at endgame, and I frequently find myself walking through the ghost town where Bree used to be. I find it extremely upsetting, because my favourite aspect of Lotro was the fellowshipping, and unless you're lvl75 that is just so infrequent these days. If I stay up late at night I can work my socks off to organise a Great Barrow run in Bree, but there are so few people that it falls apart before reaching the barrow stage more often than not. When it doesn't, it's usually because someone gives in and invites someone 20lvls higher just because we couldn't get a full complement.

As for Crusader Kings 2, I'll give that a look in. I dug out Europa Universallis 3 the other day, which is a great game, and this sounds similarly up my street.

Saber

Post#13 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:31 pm

Just finished ME3.

Proper gutted at that ending. Fucking horrific.

R. Kasahara
Senpai will never notice you.
Forums Admin

Post#14 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:58 am

Since I last posted, I beat ODST, started and beat Halo: Reach (decent), Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation (also decent), and Izuna: Legend of the Unemployed Ninja (decent, but a little less so than the former two).

Right now, I'm early into Soul Nomad & the World Eaters and maybe 1/3 - 1/2 of the way into Pinky:st Kira Kira * Music Hour.

Soul Nomad is interesting so far in that it's probably the most complicated Nippon Ichi game I've ever played, and, surprisingly, also the most low-budget. The story's pretty nonsensical, and the Advance Wars-esque battle system is thickly layered with a ton of variables. Not their best work by a long shot, but a quirky experiment. Hopefully I'll have a grasp on how everything works by the end.

Kira Kira * Music Hour is a Japanese dance battle rhythm game for DS, and it's fairly import-friendly if you don't know the language. It has long cutscenes for a rhythm game, and the buffer zone that such games usually have (such as being able to see the scrolling arrows in DDR well before you need to hit them) is short to nonexistent. It's also a licensed game for Pinky:st, a popular (at the time of the game's release) figure franchise; I still buy Pinkies every once in awhile and managed to get the limited editions for this game and its sequel, complete with special figures, on Amazon.co.jp fairly cheaply. Kira Kira * Music Hour was also released in Europe, without the Pinky:st branding, as Kira Kira Pop Princess, but I don't know if I'll pick it up. It's kind of a mediocre game so far, and there are fan translations for the Japanese original online.

em-dubya

Post#15 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:01 am

RE 5 (in preperation for RE6), replaying FFVII as i just got a new ps1 (finally) and trying a speed playthrough of sonic 2.

Tietjen

Post#16 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:32 am

I'm on and off SWTOR for PVP mainly. Might try Diablo 3 at some point when its released. I want to get a Pokemon game, not sure which version yet ( can't find the charger for my DS anyway Y-Y ) . Starcraft 2 is on my must give another try list too along with FF7. Final Fantasy tactics is on my Ipad but I'm afraid cause I don't want it to end up like Fire Emblem where I get my panties in a twist and refuse to let anyone die. lol

R. Kasahara
Senpai will never notice you.
Forums Admin

Post#17 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:41 pm

Currently about 17 hours in on Persona 3 FES (The Journey). namatamiku was right.

Also nearly at the end of Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, which I'm playing co-op with Cyrus. Couldn't stay away from Halo for too long, it seems >_>

Finally, I had started a PC puzzle-platformer of sorts called EDGE yesterday, but it isn't very good and I'm strongly considering dropping it.

Anguipes
Roleplay Moderator

Post#18 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:49 pm

Finally, it is Skyrim time for me. I am late to the party. My first impressions is that it's some huge leaps forward from Oblivion (voice-acting on minor NPCs, character models, immersion, the streamlined skills system) with some small steps back (limited enemy types, much restricted magic and enchanting system, and, uh, the streamlined skill system).

Random thoughts:

- Dragons, hell yes!
- I miss being able to craft things without having to worry about accidentally overlevelling myself.
- There's all this awesome VA work, and then the children shake me right out of it. They're so jarringly American
- The lack of a pronunciation guide for the VAs rears its ugly head again. Certain names get different treatment from different characters, well outside the bounds of just having a different accent. I am probably the only person who cares about this x_x

Tietjen

Post#19 » Wed May 02, 2012 4:00 pm

I started FF7 Monday and beat the first boss before going to bed. But I am proud to say that I got Cloud to level 19 before doing so and the boss died in one hit. Yesterday I bought Pokemon HeartGold and I picked Cyndaquil as my starting Pokemon. He is just so adorable. <3

Tietjen

Post#20 » Wed May 09, 2012 4:55 am

Playing Civilization Revolution on the Ipad right now. Bought it for someone else and tried it. I never played any of it's previous incarnations like Civilization 3, 4 or 5. But I am pleasantly surprised at how entertained I am by it. >< I just might like playing StarCraft after all. ^-^

Return to “General Discussion”