Final Fantasy 12 did you end it?

Talk about other Final Fantasy games and Square Enix-related topics.
Dimma

Final Fantasy 12 did you end it?

Post#1 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:03 pm

This is one of the few games ever that I cannot end. I mean the riddles! They start in the Feywood (fifty hours into the game, what ahappend) and there are still riddles in Pharos. Hey they sound funny!

- But I cannot wrap my mind around the riddle about the altars near top of the 2nd ascent. It says simply by standing there I've proven myself and can continue up the sky vessel. But not? The lift doesn't happen. Another screen says that all ways will work but one. Yeah so I'm supposed to sacrifice either map, or all items, or all weapons, or all magic. I did each sacrifice at a time, and defeated the d*rn elemental at the lift, but that didn't help me/ the lift. I also tried sacrificing items and went down the "2nd ascent" and then up again.

If you have a subtle ;) hint please let me know.

(I'm afraid of searching Game FAQS as it might spoil for me)

Anguipes
Roleplay Moderator

Re: Final Fantasy 12 did you end it?

Post#2 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:19 am

I'm assuming you just completed a boss fight. If I've understood this right... (more hints as you go down)

You need to touch one specific altar.

The one you selected at the beginning of the second ascent is the deciding factor.

Touching an altar will return your corresponding ability, if you lost it.

You need all your abilities back to proceed.

Straight up goddamn solution:

Touch the altar corresponding to the ability you sacrificed when you started this section - map, weapons, items or magick.

Dimma

Post#3 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:40 am

You're an angel, thanks! I get to begin the new year with the end of FF12 this is gonna be great.

I looked at two of your hints so far, hmm maybe I can figure it out now (btw I could barely believe they created the riddle like that =)

Edit: Got it now! I would never have been persistent enough to solve that myself.
Ha actually now when I knew that the altar I selected at the beginning was the deciding factor, eh I went on to pick the next altar on top floor, and went down to the beginning where I picked the next, aand went up (you understand X) and with the hint in mind I could now pick the "beginning" one ...or the one I began with most recently. Luckily I picked the right one.
Save point zzz time. If I don't mess up more I can see the end tomorrow :LOL:

Edit: And the end was waay epic beyond expectation. !!!

Dimma

Post#4 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:21 pm

Hey I just had a thought on the plot.[spoiler=]They say Basch didn't take the life of Reks, it was rather an imposter that looked like Basch. But who, in the world looks like Basch (:at the end) if not his brother, judge Gabranth. So did Gabranth kill Vaan's brother, Reks? And Vaan never knows that![/spoiler]
What? Wait, disclaimer here in case I messed up mind somewhere between hour 20 and 80

Return to “Square Enix Discussion”