FFXIV.... round 2.

Talk about other Final Fantasy games and Square Enix-related topics.
Clidus
Site Admin

FFXIV.... round 2.

Post#1 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:20 am

I was a pretty dedicated FFXI player back in the day. Looking back, that game had some insane limitations and grueling game play, but at the time I thought it was pretty great. I checked out WoW a couple years ago (after thinking I was over MMOs) and was surprised by what a difference there was and how much better MMOs had gotten. Simple things like the dungeon finder vs spending five hours looking for a group still blow my mind. I was initially interested in FFXIV but didn't have a PC that could run it, which was probably for the best as it turned out to be a terrible game.

We're coming up to the release of v2, a complete re-write of the entire game where they claim to have fixed all the problems. I checked out one of the beta waves a month or so ago and it seems like they've made WoW with more emphasis on story (it has cut scenes and everything). One of the things I dislike about WoW is I don't even bother to read the quests. They just aren't interesting, and my party is normally going too fast to even have a chance of reading it anyway. The game is absolutely beautiful, plays well on a TV with a controller and so far can be solo'ed pretty easily.

It's just a shame it has that subscription fee.

Anyone else checked it out or planning to?

Ultimate Fantasy

Re: FFXIV.... round 2.

Post#2 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:13 pm

I am seriously debating getting this after discovering it's cross platform (all my friends have it on ps3 but I would be playing it pc) but I am not sure if I am ready to take the mmo plunge. I have never played them before out of not really being interested and not wanting to get too caught up on one game but this one is really tempting me.

I probably like FF14 too much

Ultimate Fantasy

Post#3 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:09 pm

Update I now have the game and am playing it using the free month that came with it :P. It's pretty fun though I am reaaaaaaally bad at it as I have never played a mmo before and spent the majority of my first day playing it by myself so when I got to a team thing everyone got annoyed at me as I kept agroing everything......In fairness with a archer you can kite pretty much everything and so can solo a lot of things very easily. Just the people I was playing with didn't like that. So I was made to stand still and shoot at the enemy so the tank could hit it. But then I still kept agroing them as a archers abilities seem to have rather high agro so unless I stand there and don't use any of my more powerful abilities I seem to cause problems haha

Ambigore

Post#4 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:14 am

LOL, welcome to the world of MMORPGs. Say goodbye to your life. :)

Ultimate Fantasy

Post#5 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:43 pm

So far I have been fine with it. I like playing it but it's not a game I feel I will get addicted to as I know I will lose interest with it. I am mainly just playing it to see the rest of the world in game (as it looks really pretty) and see what the story stuff wise is like. I mainly just dick about in it any way though haha

Though if anyone wants to join me I am on the Odin (EU) server and my characters name is Human Jester (if you re arrange the letters it's my actual name :P)

Return to “Square Enix Discussion”