Strange apparition of "Aerith"

Talk about the original FFVII, the Compilation, the Remake, and other spinoffs. SPOILERS abound in here, so be prepared.
Melisandre

Re: Strange apparition of "Aerith"

Post#11 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:24 pm

I began to think recently, reading here and there (partly on this website), that Aerith might be evil...
I think it is an interesting theory. To be confirmed ;)

Cloud Strife
The Original Roleplay Creator/Moderator

Post#12 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:34 am

I doubt she was evil. She certainly was apart of the cetra with it coursing through her. But, hardly evil.
Last edited by Cloud Strife on Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Melisandre

Post#13 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:34 am

I guess evil is a word too strong. You're right.
I think she is the embodiment of the spirit of the planet (and maybe Jenova, Minerva too). She manipulates everyone to reach her goal, to survive the assaults of her children. The link between Aerith and Jenova came to me while rewatching AC, When Rude evoques Mother and receives the LOVELESS sign (the picture of Aerith) in return.
Last edited by Melisandre on Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:57 am, edited 3 times in total.

Melisandre

Post#14 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:01 pm

She's evil in a good way :)

Cloud Strife
The Original Roleplay Creator/Moderator

Post#15 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:50 pm

I think you misinterpreted the whole cetra and jenova thing. Aeris held holy, the single embodiment that could wipe out the Jenova cells and the use of the black materia. Sephiroth knew Aeris was the key and he murdered her to stop her plans.

Melisandre

Post#16 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:29 pm

When you compare the first and the last picture of the game, you see the same face of Aerith. My guess is that there's a cycle here, and it restarts right in this alley. The same cycle that ended up with the destruction of the Cetra* long ago (*the children who left the garden of Eden to enjoy sedentarity and technology). Same mistakes, same result.

To me, Mother = Mother Earth = Aerith

Did you see how she is chasing Cloud in the new trailer ? She needs him to fulfill her plans.

Really looking forward to play this new game :)

Melisandre

Post#17 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:57 am

The movie is Jacques Demy's "Parking" from 1985.
https://www.reddit.com/r/eastereggs/comments/c5r5ed/final_fantasy_viis_opening_cinematic_took/
I hope to find it in english soon...

Return to “Final Fantasy VII Discussion”