New Remake Teaser

Talk about the original FFVII, the Compilation, the Remake, and other spinoffs. SPOILERS abound in here, so be prepared.
Clidus
Site Admin

New Remake Teaser

Post#1 » Thu May 09, 2019 10:58 pm

Sony has dropped a new Final Fantasy VII Remake teaser, promising more information in June.

https://youtu.be/Df0YG3qfZ8E

SOLDIERofficer81

Re: New Remake Teaser

Post#2 » Fri May 10, 2019 2:25 am

YES!

The characters look pretty good.
"Let us never miss a step. May we never lose our friends. This is our home, our haven, our Citadel."
Citadel denizen since October 5, 2000 | SOLDIER's Final Fantasy VII Messageboard

Sephiroth9611

Post#3 » Fri May 10, 2019 2:32 am

I like Aeris' look. Cloud is so stylized a figure that the more his look is made to be realistic, the more it becomes not realistic if that makes sense. Hopefully we'll see a nice shot of Midgar at some point.
Since October 3rd, 2000 | "Quite a thing to live in fear, isn't it? That's what it is to be a slave."

Cloud Strife
The Original Roleplay Creator/Moderator

Post#4 » Fri May 10, 2019 6:01 am

I like realistic models. We don't need a cartoony looking model of cloud. It looks good to me.

Roy Mercer
The original "Aman"

Post#5 » Sun May 19, 2019 11:04 pm

Has anyone seen this? Apparently some in Japan are not happy with Aerith's new design...
The Anomaly known as Aman

SOLDIERofficer81

Post#6 » Mon May 20, 2019 1:18 am

Roy Mercer wrote:Has anyone seen this? Apparently some in Japan are not happy with Aerith's new design...

I saw some of that last week or so, but didn't watch it all the way before now. I'd say try to give Aeris, and all the others, a look closer to what they had in the game. Seems like the safest path for Square.
"Let us never miss a step. May we never lose our friends. This is our home, our haven, our Citadel."
Citadel denizen since October 5, 2000 | SOLDIER's Final Fantasy VII Messageboard

Sephiroth9611

Post#7 » Mon May 20, 2019 3:06 am

Roy Mercer wrote:Has anyone seen this? Apparently some in Japan are not happy with Aerith's new design...

I don't think new Aeris is ugly or anything, but I do agree she looks different, more westernized. That shortened face in the video was not good. I hope they don't do anything like that to placate the complainers.
Since October 3rd, 2000 | "Quite a thing to live in fear, isn't it? That's what it is to be a slave."

Cloud Strife

Post#8 » Thu May 23, 2019 11:11 am

I mean, you guys should accept it now that this game is gonna be nothing like the original. It is gonna be updated. It is gonna be different. Just the way it's gonna be.

SOLDIERofficer81

Post#9 » Thu May 23, 2019 3:53 pm

Cloud Strife wrote:I mean, you guys should accept it now that this game is gonna be nothing like the original. It is gonna be updated. It is gonna be different. Just the way it's gonna be.

Cloud, did you watch the video? It mentions that we don't see Sephiroth's or Tifa's faces because Square has not finalized how they look yet. Do you think Square is willing to jeopardize a remake that is years in the making by keeping an Aeris that fan's don't like?

Cloud Strife

Post#10 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:11 pm

I mean. I believe they are gonna be beefed detailed verisons of their Advent children counter parts. I'm not sure if it's such a bad Verison of them. As for the risk, not sure. I mean they know it's important. obviously. But, someone or an demographic is gonna find something at fault regardless not sure it can be avoided.

Return to “Final Fantasy VII Discussion”