Fan created FF7 movie seeks go ahead from Squeenix

Talk about the original FFVII, the Compilation, the Remake, and other spinoffs. SPOILERS abound in here, so be prepared.

R. Kasahara
Senpai will never notice you.
Forums Admin

Re: Fan created FF7 movie seeks go ahead from Squeenix

Post#2 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:34 am

Are they seriously attempting a collaboration with Squeenix? If so: ahahahaha, man they're naive.

At best, Squeenix won't do or say anything. Squeenix might also send them a cease and desist.

SOLDIERofficer81
Unflinching Android Mode: OFF

Post#3 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:35 am

That looks pretty cool.
"Let us never miss a step. May we never lose our friends. This is our home, our haven, our Citadel."
Citadel denizen since October 5, 2000 | SOLDIER's Final Fantasy VII Messageboard

Keefy

Post#4 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:13 pm

Something about the idea of that video makes my skin crawl so much that I've only been able to watch about 5 seconds, skipping through for stills. Still, fair play to them for putting time and effort into something they love.

Many years ago there was a real cool webpage with someone's perfect casting for the FFVII movie. It launched a spin-off thread here and I really liked it at the time. These days I'm much less enthusiastic, and I think the chances are that if a film was made, I'd probably loathe it. Even if it was an epic trilogy, and everything was kept it, I'd still be concerned about how the subleties would be implemented. In one film, it'd be either a rushed, poor piece of cinema, or a hugely edited "based-upon" that I would like even less.

I imagine that Square-Enix are likely to go down the cease and desist line. A shame, but better than them collaborating. The last thing anyone needs is FFVII turned into a 2 hour live action movie and adjusted to fit into the retcons of the expanded universe. Well, it's the last thing I need at any rate.

I do this for everything-FFVII that comes up these days, and it feels warped that something that gave me so much joy has turned into a bloody cross I bear. I know I'm something of a curmudgeon at the best of times, but I...urgh, I don't know what I'm saying. Maybe I just need to create my own pseudo-Amish community that denies anything that existed after 1997.

dkaksl

Post#5 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:55 pm

I think it was a good idea, and pretty good effort, but in the end, all I see is three (four) people cosplaying, and it cracked me up.

Man do I hate the flat colours they're wearing.

Madhouse

Post#6 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:00 pm

Keefy wrote:I do this for everything-FFVII that comes up these days, and it feels warped that something that gave me so much joy has turned into a bloody cross I bear.

Heheh, so do all of us who thorougly enjoyed FFVII in our childhood. The content can come from SE, and even then I can be very disappointed, like with AC (though I rather enjoyed the complete version) and with Crisis Core.

Oh man, that game is a cluster of so many wrong things. It almost seems like a bad fanfic in some parts.

WesGreenmcqueen

Post#7 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:53 pm

I think this would of been cool.

Going on the trailer you can go o their kickstarter campaign which has been shutdown due to copy right

Return to “Final Fantasy VII Discussion”