FFVII Remake Megathread

Talk about the original FFVII, the Compilation, the Remake, and other spinoffs. SPOILERS abound in here, so be prepared.
Anguipes
Roleplay Moderator

Re: FFVII Remake Megathread

Post#81 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:00 am

I was cautiously optimistic about the episodic structure, but now I'm not sure what to think. @_@ Full size games means longer between each installment and the very real possibility of a game getting stuck in development hell.

TrueBOSS
The_TrueBOSS

Post#82 » Mon May 09, 2016 10:54 pm

First to Reeve. Them basing size of this off of length of each 13 game is very vague. 13 wasn't very long since all you did was fight boss fights then run down hallways with monsters to the next one til the last couple of chapters where they finally introduce an overworld you couldn't fully explore until you've beaten the final boss once. Any sidequesting the game had was on the overworld btw and it wasn't a whole lot. 13-2 had time travel introduced as a concept and had branching parallel timelines you could travel between but the game itself wasn't too long if you went just for the main story. 13-3 was literally Legend of Zelda Majora's mask Final Fantasy 13 style. Where you had 12 days to finish the game and sidequests earned you more time. All 3 where very different games and definitely make it hard to gauge length for each chapter of 7 other than they won't be really short. If they made the time you spent in Midgar as long as 13 though. Its interesting to think of what all would be added to the game to make that segment that long. The big question is. How many chapters are they planning on doing? I doubt they're doing one per disk as that'd be only about 2 1/2 (technically 3 just the 3rd would be shorter) and the whole chapter idea they pitched sounds like there are going to be more than that. I'm guessing there will be 7 just to celebrate the game.

To Anguipes. I doubt square is going to let this fall into development hell but i'm guessing each chapter is going to take them as long to make as each 13 game or even as long as each DLC for GTA 4.
He's back. He is The_TrueBOSS
Check me and my partners out at: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheTrueBOSSofJupiter

Cloud Strife
The Original Cloud Strife

Post#83 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:46 am

I know alot of people aren't excited about the remake, but I am. That game and this place changed my life and its true. I will play it. I hope the remake will breathe life into this place again and it also be a chance for me to redeem myself. The only thing this can possibly do is improve an already fantastic game. I doubt Square is gonna let one of their best selling games get fucked up. Hardly.
Last edited by Cloud Strife on Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Final Fantasy VII Discussion”