FFVII Remake Megathread

Talk about the original FFVII, the Compilation, the Remake, and other spinoffs. SPOILERS abound in here, so be prepared.
Ultimate Fantasy

Re: FFVII Remake Megathread

Post#41 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:45 pm

I'm worried by the bit "more realistic gameplay" which I have seen in a few articles (mainly destructiods latest one). I don't want more realistic gameplay. I like the battle system, it called for strategy over button mashing. I need to keep my fear this is going to end up like FF13 under control haha.

I probably like FF14 too much

Daemon

Post#42 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:05 pm

I want the game to be one epic story tying everything together. I am ok with changing things here and there, let the game go out with a bang. This will be the final Final Fantasy VII. No more spin-off games, movies or OVA.

Also, I was scouring the web and came across another Neogaf post. DiipuSurotu pointed out a man standing in a corner that closely resembles Auron. After he (or she) pointed that out, I just realized that the narrator also sounds like Auron :LOL: It's a nice easter egg considering Nomura is involved with this project.

http://i.imgur.com/z8HlduN.jpg

Also here are some nice links pertaining to FFVII (not necessarily the remake).

Lap Pun Cheung's FFVII paintings: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/fina ... vii-part-1
FFVII concept art: http://imgur.com/a/BxOxA/#0
Yoshitaka Amano's FFVII concept art: http://imgur.com/gallery/6U9FV

R. Kasahara
Senpai will never notice you.
Forums Admin

Post#43 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:27 pm

Reno wrote:If nothing else, we'd lose such delightful and legendary inaccuracies as 'this guy are sick'.

That was corrected in the PC version back in 1998 :D

Daemon wrote:I want the game to be one epic story tying everything together. I am ok with changing things here and there, let the game go out with a bang. This will be the final Final Fantasy VII. No more spin-off games, movies or OVA.

There's still that Dirge of Cerberus hidden ending, though. Hrm…

Daemon wrote:Also, I was scouring the web and came across another Neogaf post. DiipuSurotu pointed out a man standing in a corner that closely resembles Auron. After he (or she) pointed that out, I just realized that the narrator also sounds like Auron :LOL: It's a nice easter egg considering Nomura is involved with this project.

If that really is Auron, seems more like a Kitase or Nojima homage. I remember one of them saying some years ago that the FFX world and FFVII's are connected.

Bossanova

Post#44 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:50 pm

Daemon wrote:Here's some "insider" info regarding the FF7 Remake. Some say the user Verendus is a very reliable insider but as always, take this with a grain of salt. It is a nice read though.

Source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread. ... t169176782

I kinda believe Verendus is legit, the guy teased it back in 2013/2014.
After reading his post i really wonder what we're going to see in November/December. (Here's hoping for some gameplay and some info on south edge)

R. Kasahara
Forums Admin

Post#45 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:54 pm

Daemon

Post#46 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:24 pm

I assume (and hopefully) this is something that happened long before they decided that they will announce the remake. I hate articles like these where they get a little piece of info and they turn it into "news". Then again, almost all websites do this.

Clidus
Site Admin

Post#47 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:50 am

Just amazing...

I really wish they wouldn't try to get him to direct absolutely everything...

Bossanova

Post#48 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:49 am

This article contradicts itself.

Prior to the official unveiling, Final Fantasy VII’s original character designer Tetsuya Nomura had no idea he’d be directing the remake.

“It was very perplexing. Then one day, as I was checking the internal company presentation video it said ‘Director Tetsuya Nomura’ at the end.”

And this doesnt make sense too

Apparently this was news to Nomura who had assumed that Kitase would be reclaiming the director’s chair for the remake of his game. “So I called up Mr. Kitase and said, ‘It says that I’m the director for some reason.’ To which he replied, ‘Of course it does.’”

The “’I thought you were going to direct!’ ‘Well I thought YOU were going to direct!’” episode was something that happened in the initial stages of the project’s inception and Nomura has stated that he is presently well aware of and well into his position as director.

So when did this happen? Afaik FF7R has been in pre production for a little over a year now?

Am i missing something?

TCloud

Post#49 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:51 pm

Personally I'm jus so freaken happy that this remake is actually happening! Ive been constantly checking this site for updates, and to hear that it is actually coming gives me chills down my spine, because I'm sure like many of you this game was a very big part of my childhood and probably my all time favourite game!

The biggest downside from recent finally fantasy games is the lack of the "fun" element as well as the secrets and side missions. If they can recapture this in the remake i believe that alone will bring it up to standards with the original.

I personally can't wait to see how they portray the Golden Saucer as well as the Weapons!

R. Kasahara
Forums Admin

Post#50 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:25 pm

OP updated. The main part of today's news is that the battle system will be significantly altered.

Return to “Final Fantasy VII Discussion”