FFVII Remake Megathread

Talk about the original FFVII, the Compilation, the Remake, and other spinoffs. SPOILERS abound in here, so be prepared.
Bossanova

Re: FFVII Remake Megathread

Post#61 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:40 am

Ahh alright will do. Next time i'll make a seperate post if i have any news to share ^^.
I updated my post yesterday on Sat Nov 07 around 2:25/2:29 am,

Uff we're 4 weeks away to a new trailer (i'm assuming its going to appear on the Playstation Expierence event)

I must say, i'm still hyped.

R. Kasahara
Senpai will never notice you.
Forums Admin

Post#62 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:46 pm

New trailer, with English-language VO, shown at the PlayStation Experience keynote -

The graphics looked kind of cheap on the gameplay side of things, but I'll reserve any further judgment until an official upload goes live.

Also, Barret's 8-)… not sure if I like that look.

Bossanova

Post#63 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:41 pm

Cloud looks too thin, Barret's sunglasses are weird, there was too much green and yet i approve.
..screw it i loved it!! YAS SQUARE YASSSSSSSSSSS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SW_8VOSpZL4 (JP trailer from Square's youtube channel)

R. Kasahara
Forums Admin

Post#64 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:04 pm

Forgot to mention this, but the OP's been updated with the official trailer now, plus a link to today's story on the Citadel about it.

Also, it's mentioned in the YouTube description that the version of "Opening ~ Bombing Mission" used is from the 2007 album Distant Worlds: music from Final Fantasy. Upon learning this, it gave me flashbacks to Advent Children, which recycled music from a previously recorded arrange album (Piano Collections: Final Fantasy VII), not just in the trailers, but also in the finished movie itself. The reuse of old arrange recordings could certainly happen again for this remake.

I also enjoyed this observation from our very own Clidus:

Bossanova wrote:Cloud looks too thin, Barret's sunglasses are weird, there was too much green and yet i approve.

The battle system, too? It'd be really annoying if Cloud is the only character you can control. Perhaps Tifa's slot machine limit breaks, Yuffie's Conformer morph trick, and so many other such bits from the original game will be impossible to replicate within this remake's battle system.

Bossanova

Post#65 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:55 pm

R. Kasahara wrote:
Bossanova wrote:Cloud looks too thin, Barret's sunglasses are weird, there was too much green and yet i approve.

The battle system, too? It'd be really annoying if Cloud is the only character you can control. Perhaps Tifa's slot machine limit breaks, Yuffie's Conformer morph trick, and so many other such bits from the original game will be impossible to replicate within this remake's battle system.

You can control the cast.

Barret's Big Shot.

Battle system looks like full on ARPG KH style at first glance but its different. There's an ATB bar present and targetting seems automated? (there's a small segment where Barret is shooting but you're not aiming) It also seems like we're able to use all the limit breaks (Braver and Big Shot confirmed in the trailer)

Now after the hype died down i just wanted to jot down a few thoughts.

Its weird seeing FF7 like this. Its totally FF7 but so much more expanded I'm sort of hyped but not overhyped like @E3 2015. I'm going on a mediablackout from now on. I think i've been overloaded by FF7 this year. (PSX 2014 troll, smash, mobius, dissidia arcade, ff7remake teaser) This did look incredible though. Its good to see Square getting their stuff together.

I remember when Advent Children got announced i was so hyped up! After each new trailers there where endless discussions about the movie. At the end though when it got released i was already burned out by all the discussions and speculation that i didn't enjoy it as much as i thought i would or should.

R. Kasahara
Forums Admin

Post#66 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:09 pm

Bossanova wrote:You can control the cast.

Oh, good to see that, at least in the prototype phase :P Here's hoping for a refined version of XII's system, then (but if Akitoshi Kawazu goes anywhere near this game, I'm gonna play this even less than I was already planning on).

Bossanova wrote:Honestly i think you can replicate a lot with this battle system, although i'm wondering how summons will work.

Yes. My point was that there are many things you can do in FFVII's battles which would be impossible if you're only controlling one character.

ETA: Bossanova, please don't edit your posts after someone replies to them. The second quote I pulled from your post is completely gone now.

ETA #2:

Last edited by R. Kasahara on Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bossanova

Post#67 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:59 pm

Ouch sorry, didn't catch your reply when i edited it.
gomennasai!

But yeah i really wonder how summons work though :O.

R. Kasahara
Forums Admin

Post#68 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:40 am

News! - The remake will be a "multi-part series".

I actually think this is a good idea, at least from a business perspective. It does throw the question of the world map and exploratory parts of FFVII up in the air, though.
Last edited by R. Kasahara on Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bossanova

Post#69 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:42 am

http://www.novacrystallis.com/2015/12/c ... ii-remake/

CyberConnect2 is assisting with development of the remake.

SOLDIERofficer81
Unflinching Android Mode: OFF

Post#70 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:59 pm

R. Kasahara wrote:I actually think this is a good idea, at least from a business perspective. It does throw the question of the world map and exploratory parts of FFVII up in the air, though.
Can you elaborate on that last part, Reeve? Thanks.
"Let us never miss a step. May we never lose our friends. This is our home, our haven, our Citadel."
Citadel denizen since October 5, 2000 | SOLDIER's Final Fantasy VII Messageboard

Return to “Final Fantasy VII Discussion”