FFVII Remake Megathread

Talk about the original FFVII, the Compilation, the Remake, and other spinoffs. SPOILERS abound in here, so be prepared.
Bossanova

Re: FFVII Remake Megathread

Post#51 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:28 am

Cloud Strife
The Original Cloud Strife

Post#52 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:48 am

I can just say that I am excited. In a round about way, I wish I can go back to 1998-02 and relive this experience again. The game itself, here. all of it. I know. But, hey I'm thirty-one years old man. I wanna do a legit FFVII Citadel RPG again with the knowledge of roleplaying that I do now!

That's just hopeful wishing and I'm beating a dead horse.

Bossanova

Post#53 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:49 pm

Final Fantasy VII will not be using Luminous Engine.

During an interview at Gamescom, we asked Final Fantasy XV Director Hajime Tabata if the Luminous engine might be used for the remake.

Tabata replied: “Final Fantasy VII (Remake) is not planned to be made with that.”

http://www.novacrystallis.com/2015/08/g ... us-engine/

R. Kasahara
Senpai will never notice you.
Forums Admin

Post#54 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:15 pm

Thanks for the info. Can't say it's all that surprising, but good to know, I guess?

I'm going to do a little speculating here: Unreal Engine 4 will be used for the remake.

Bossanova

Post#55 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:04 am

R. Kasahara wrote:Thanks for the info. Can't say it's all that surprising, but good to know, I guess?

I'm going to do a little speculating here: Unreal Engine 4 will be used for the remake.

I'm hearing lots of good stuff about Unreal Engine 4, not so much about Luminous though. I've also heard rumours of Cyberconnect2 working on this project. They (cc2) where hiring people to do a open world JRPG with photorealistic graphics complete opposite of anime graphics. CC2's CEO said that he would like to do a FF7 remake, on top of that they also did the FF7 G-bike mini game for android/ios.

For now I’m really dedicated to adaptations of Naruto and JJBA. Working on a new project requires more time as was the case. The .Hacks came out of the minds of teams at CyberConnect2. However, if I have to work on another project I’d like to work on a possible remake of Final Fantasy 7.

Source: http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/07/08/ ... ii-remake/

Anyways turns out its Cloud's birthday today!
Nomura drew a piece of artwork of Cloud and i have to say.. this is a better direction then AC Cloud or Dissidia Cloud!

What do you guys think? This hits the spot imo.

R. Kasahara
Forums Admin

Post#56 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:39 pm

OP updated. I've added a new section called "Speculation"; please let me know if there's anything I've missed that should go under there.

Bossanova wrote:I'm hearing lots of good stuff about Unreal Engine 4, not so much about Luminous though.

I floated the UE4 idea since it would be cheaper, plus Square Enix has had experience with UE in the past. If Luminous isn't being used, then UE4 is the most likely candidate. If it's good enough for the PS4 version of Dragon Quest XI, it should be good enough for this project.

(Also, far, far fewer developers have access to Luminous than UE4, so that's probably why you haven't heard much about it ;))

Bossanova wrote:I've also heard rumours of Cyberconnect2 working on this project. They (cc2) where hiring people to do a open world JRPG with photorealistic graphics complete opposite of anime graphics. CC2's CEO said that he would like to do a FF7 remake, on top of that they also did the FF7 G-bike mini game for android/ios.

It would be interesting, but personally, I don't see it happening. The remake's development will probably be done internally, so if any third-party studio gets involved, it would just be to help out. Maybe CC2 will do the minigames or some other small chunk, but not the whole thing.

If a third-party dev was making the whole thing, the most suitable candidate would be Mistwalker (for obvious reasons), but that has an even slimmer chance of occurring (for the same obvious reasons).

As for Cloud's birthday, I see they're still considering the retconned date to be "canon". Note to anyone who doesn't want to see Compilation crap in this remake: GOOD LUCK WITH THAT.

Zantetsuken

Post#57 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:31 am

There's been a post from Kotaku last month, I just didn't get the chance to share it here, it's about Square-Enix asking Japanese fans about their suggestion for the remake, top 5 answers are
5 Improvement of scenes with Yuffie Kisaragi
4 Impovement in the ending
3 Full voice acting
2 more minigames in Gold Saucer
1 Adding Aeris lives Storyline

The top 1 seems debatable from different players, whether the game should go for it or not because it will cheapen the story and they believed if Aeris' did not die, the planet wouldn't have been saved from the meteor fall on Midgar,

My thoughts, I would agree on Aeris' lives for an alternate ending or storyline, and I disagree that the planet wouldn't be saved if she lived. My reason and thoughts.

-alternate ending would add replay value to the game even thought the original game itself was replayable even without other ending or newgame+. Since for us who played it knows how the game ended, it would be interesting to see if the game can be taken Non-Canonically and I'm interested to see how Cloud and Aeris would be like if they get together through out their journey.

-Whether or not Aeris lives or dies, the Holy was summoned by Aeris before she even died right before Cloud showed up, she was praying, the reason why holy didn't come out to stop the meteor when it was summoned is because, Sephiroth interfered and stopped the holy from coming out of the Northern Cave with a barrier and by himself at bottom of the cave. Although at the last part of the ending, holy was coming out from different parts of the planet(not just Northern cave) this was probably her ability, even she didn't die, it wasn't mentioned she doesn't have the ability to do so if she was alive, after all she's a Cetra, who has some kind of special ability to communicate with the planet.

So what are your thoughts on this? Agree or disagree?

Kotaku's post about the topic:

http://kotaku.com/poll-what-japanese-ga ... Socialflow

SOLDIERofficer81

Post#58 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:36 pm

An "Aeris lives" branch in the storyline is an awfully good reason for doing the remake.
"Let us never miss a step. May we never lose our friends. This is our home, our haven, our Citadel."
Citadel denizen since October 5, 2000 | SOLDIER's Final Fantasy VII Messageboard

Bossanova

Post#59 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:32 am

Zantetsuken wrote:There's been a post from Kotaku last month, I just didn't get the chance to share it here, it's about Square-Enix asking Japanese fans about their suggestion for the remake, top 5 answers are
5 Improvement of scenes with Yuffie Kisaragi
4 Impovement in the ending
3 Full voice acting
2 more minigames in Gold Saucer
1 Adding Aeris lives Storyline

So what are your thoughts on this? Agree or disagree?

Kotaku's post about the topic:

http://kotaku.com/poll-what-japanese-ga ... Socialflow

Uh oh get ready to farm some tissues.
All Aerith lives conspriacy theories. Ready? Get set. Here..we..go!

------ UPDATE!!

Our beloved Nobuo Uematsu will not be composing for the Final Fantasy VII remake.

Source: http://www.novacrystallis.com/2015/1...sy-vii-remake/

My thoughts on this:

The original OST is the greatest of all time, period. Ofcourse they will have to rearrange the OST for the remake but i hope they wont add any new compositions or remove any of the old ones.
However, it would be really awesome/appreciated if they would include the original OST a la FFX PS4 Remaster.

If they would include the original OST i'm not even going to look at the rearranged OST. Its that good.

R. Kasahara
Forums Admin

Post#60 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:54 pm

When did you post that update? That news only surfaced yesterday, and the Citadel's forums do not timestamp for edits (though this is something I want to change), nor do threads go back to being marked as "unread" when a post/reply is edited. In the future, it's best to make a new post instead of editing an old one over a week later-- more people will see the latest info you have to share that way.

Also, OP updated.

Return to “Final Fantasy VII Discussion”