FFVII Remake Megathread

Talk about the original FFVII, the Compilation, the Remake, and other spinoffs. SPOILERS abound in here, so be prepared.
The Slider
Serious Discussion Moderator

Re: FFVII Remake Megathread

Post#21 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:43 am

My honest reaction is excitement with trepidation. Like jumping into a pool on a hot day.
aliveonthemoon; deadonthesun

Cyrus

Post#22 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:06 pm

Kas wrote:I don't mind too much that Square Enix are updating the design and aesthetic of the game to bring it into line with contemporary RPGs. [...] What I'm more concerned about are changes to the game's story. [...] I don't trust the Square Enix of today to treat the story and characters with respect.

On the nose! You put my feelings into words right there.

Kas wrote:Having said that, a "remastering" approach would very much be welcome for mobile platforms.

IIRC, the FFVII semi-remaster that came to PC/etc is also on, or will soon be on, mobile platforms too? Yea, sounds like...http://toucharcade.com/2015/06/16/final ... les-ios-9/

R. Kasahara
Senpai will never notice you.
Forums Admin

Post#23 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:21 pm

Andriasang came back from the dead for a short while on Twitter to share some of the E3 news from the Japanese press. Here's the posts I retweeted at the Citadel's account (oh, and I've added tweet embedding, btw :eyeshift: ):

I'll try and do a post on the frontpage later today that combines the info from Eurogamer, GameSpot, Dengeki, Famitsu, and whoever else.

Cloud Strife

Post#24 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:48 pm

Man, I legit cried. I'm not as worried about how they are gonna handle the remake. We should remember they consider FFVII to be the baby they never wanna let go. I have full faith in what they will do and so should you. The FFVII Citadel has been alive for what now, seventeen years? Well, guess what we just got ourselves another ten years. I suspect this will increase our numbers here. Get ready guys, the rebirth of the "mania" that is FFVII is coming. I just really not sure what to say about it. But, the gameplay should be increased...dare I say some stuff expanded upon as well.

I remember I was maybe like fourteen when I first came here, ITW. My crappy typing annoyed a lot. Hopefully my best friend who also played Sephiroth during the old RPG might finally wanna come back. (He has refused my request because of what had happened.)

R. Kasahara
Forums Admin

Post#25 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:13 pm

Cloud Strife wrote:I have full faith in what they will do and so should you.

Sorry, nope, not here. As it stands, I'm more excited for Half-Life 3, which may not even exist, than anything related to this remake. It would be nice if Square Enix pleasantly surprises me in the end, but I'm not holding my breath.

ETA: New post on the frontpage - Tetsuya Nomura E3 Interview Roundup (with Commentary)

Saber

Post#26 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:50 pm

Hi friends,

Looks like Sony had a pretty okay E3 huh? Looks like I'll have a $400 FF7 machine :LOL:

Can't wait, I'll be stopping by more often now I'd guess.

Cloud Strife

Post#27 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:57 pm

Well, that's a shame, Reeve. I'm excited for Shenmue III finally getting made as well as the FFVII remake. So why don't you have faith in this? I always see people bash Advent Children and whatnot but, should I remind you however you cut it FFVII was a rushed game. I think if hindsight wasn't 20/20 and the system it was on then wouldn't have inhibited them and their careless rush to meet a deadline based on preorders being a whopping one million this would be an different.

But, it is now different. I am telling you. THIS game is gonna break preorder numbers AGAIN. This game is GONNA OUTSELL FFX and the original FFVII numbers. I believe the remake is on a system that whether you guys want to admit it or not, it is not gonna break or mess up what we know or remember. But, enhance it. Think about, all the tie-ins can be fixed. The game can be even expanded upon, sure it's not gonna be the "same" FFVII. But, we, the fans have been asking and deserve this glory. The new age who didn't get to experience what we got to experience will get to see why we loved it so much. This, will change everything. Watch and see.

R. Kasahara
Forums Admin

Post#28 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:01 am

Cloud Strife wrote:Image

Sure, okay.

Ultimate Fantasy

Post#29 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:15 am

Cloud Strife wrote:
I believe the remake is on a system that whether you guys want to admit it or not, it is not gonna break or mess up what we know or remember.

You would actually be surprised how easy this is. The PS4 isn't amazingly powerful to be honest. Game devs already have issues with maxing out it's capabilities. But is something that isn't usually too much of a problem. At least to us. As even if the devs are limited by what they want to do it will still look amazing just from the power difference between the ps1 and ps4. My main concern with this sort of thing is how buggy it will be. Triple A games in the day of ff7 had a few hundred bugs at most. These days they can have around a million thanks to their complexity. So this remake does have the chance to be a buggy mess. Though in fairness to square their games have been pretty solid in the past with not too many bugs of note. So there is a good chance these are unfounded worries :)

I honestly though can't really get too excited till I see more than a teaser trailer. As my main worry is it's going to end up basically being too much like FF13. I am honestly more excited by kingdom hearts 3. I lost my shit over that trailer haha it's so pretty.

I probably like FF14 too much

Cloud Strife

Post#30 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:55 am

R. Kasahara wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Image

Sure, okay.

:LOL:

Reeve. lol

Return to “Final Fantasy VII Discussion”