Timeline (and general FFVII world reference)

A forum for roleplays, Final Fantasy VII themed or otherwise.

Moderator: Anguipes

Anguipes
Roleplay Moderator

Timeline (and general FFVII world reference)

Post#1 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:02 pm

[ μ ] - 1959 Discovery of Mako energy
[ μ ] - 1976 Midgar constructed
[ μ ] - 1977 Jenova discovered (Approx)
[ μ ] - 1977! Jenova Project G initiated
[ μ ] - 1979! Jenova Project S initiated
[ μ ] - 1983* Gast leaves Shinra
[ μ ] - 1985 Aerith born. Ilfana and Aerith captured by Shinra
[ μ ] - 1991 Yuffie born. **SOLDIER division officially established.
[ μ ] - 1992 Wutai War begins. Ilfana and Aerith escape Shinra
[ μ ] - 1997 Zack leaves for Midgar
[ μ ] - 0000 Mass desertion at SOLDIER, instigated by Genesis
[ ν ] - 0001 End of Wutai war (February)

*This has been officially given as 1980, but that date contradicts a couple of points in FFVII
**Non-canonic, set for RP purposes
!My own estimates.

-----------

Assuming the RP starts just pre-War, we're in [ μ ] - 1992. Main character ages for that time would be:

Vincent - 35
Nanaki - 33
Reeve - 20
Barret - 20
Cid - 17
Sephiroth - 13
Zack - 8
Aerith - 7
Cloud - 6
Tifa - 5
Yuffie - 1

-----------

Locations and Timezones
(Don't worry too much about this, unless you want to)
MST = Midgar Standard Time

Wutai (Da Chao) : -134E, 44N : MST-12
Nibelhiem : -69E, 36N : MST-7
Cosmo Canyon : -68E, 11N : MST-7
Gongaga : -42E, 4N : MST-5
Icicle Inn : -26E, 62N : MST-4
Costa : -10E, 40N : MST-2
Junon : 27E, 27N : MST-1
Midgar : 46E, 39N : MST
Kalm : 65E, 39N : MST+1
Condor : 68E, 9N : MST+1
Mideel : 91E, -3N : MST+3

-----------

I'd be happy to edit/update the timeline for RP characters' birthdays/other significant events, or add anything else we might need. I'll also leave this thread open as a general canon/FFVII world questions thread.

Madhouse

Re: Timeline (and general FFVII world reference)

Post#2 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:29 am

Wow, thank you for this! This will be very useful.

MetalGhost

Post#3 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:29 am

I know project Jenova started at the time indicated, but when did actual production of SOLDIERs start? I would have assumed it wouldn't happen until much later, as data on Sephiroth (being the prototype SOLIDER and all) would not be conclusive until he had matured enough to actually be usefully tested. I haven't actually played the game in some time, but for whatever reason I seem to recall that the war was going rather badly for Shinra until they introduced SOLIDER, which if true, would indicate that SOLIDER was not a thing until some point during the war (or that they just didn't use them for some reason, but that's unlikely). However, like I said, it's been a while and my memory is questionable even at the best of times.

Anguipes
Roleplay Moderator

Post#4 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:04 am

Honestly, it's all pretty up in the air. According to the CC Ultimania timelines, Deepground was founded just after Genesis's birth, so I just added likewise for Sephiroth and (S-type) SOLDIER. But yeah, makes next to no sense. A lot of the FFVII timeline doesn't.

but for whatever reason I seem to recall that the war was going rather badly for Shinra until they introduced SOLIDER

I don't think there's anything canonic to support this (though it's a perfectly reasonable assumption given only FFVII).

As this is a for-RP-purposes timeline I could shift things around a little, make the times between things better for, er, actually having done any kind of research before shooting a whole fighting force up with alien cells and planet juice. I don't think it affects anyone's character, and having SOLDIER as a new, very small and untested unit at the time makes more sense to me too. Screw the Compilation :P An official founding of SOLDIER in the late 80s/early 90s works best IMO.

*waves at SOLDIERofficer81* What does the DM think?

SOLDIERofficer81

Post#5 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:14 am

Anguipes wrote:Screw the Compilation :P An official founding of SOLDIER in the late 80s/early 90s works best IMO.

*waves at SOLDIERofficer81* What does the DM think?

That looks good to me. I'm comfortable with SOLDIER existing at a pilot stage at the time the War starts. The first generation of official SOLDIERs exist. Training. Testing. Powerful. Completely unseasoned. That should give the Ninjas a fighting chance in the early going.
"Let us never miss a step. May we never lose our friends. This is our home, our haven, our Citadel."
Citadel denizen since October 5, 2000 | SOLDIER's Final Fantasy VII Messageboard

Anguipes
Roleplay Moderator

Post#6 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:45 am

Timeline edited. I put the official founding date of SOLDIER at 1991. Its existence probably isn't widely known outside the Shinra military at this point, in part so that the company can bury it if things go horribly wrong. Considering the crazy stuff SOLDIER members are capable of though rumours are bound to get out... ;)

MetalGhost

Post#7 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:15 am

Excellent, sounds good.

The Slider
Serious Discussion Moderator

Post#8 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:39 am

Is there any info that explains the formation of the Turks? I'm reading bits from the earlier games as I only am very familiar with the main game. I understand Vincent was a Turk 25-30 years before the main game (reading an article) so they obviously existed during the Wutai War, I'm assuming Veld was the leader then?

I'm just trying to work out approx how old Rude is. Did he work with Vincent in the Turks at that time?
aliveonthemoon; deadonthesun

Anguipes
Roleplay Moderator

Post#9 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:00 am

Hope you're thinking of signing up Slider ;)

The Turks' ages are an eternal mystery. @_@ The Turks as an organization were definitely around at the time of the Wutai War, and could well have been headed by Veld. Tseng's a young rookie in 1997 (according to BC), but that's the only concrete dates I have for any of the FFVII-era Turks. So as far as Rude's age goes we are off to the realm of Making Shit Up, depending on what age you assume him to be around FFVII ([ ν ] - 0007). If he was working with Vincent (no canon to support that that I know of) he'd be at least in his 40s by FFVII though, which seems a little off.

Madhouse

Post#10 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:40 am

Could you edit in a link with a world map, please? Perhaps you could even say how much time it takes to go from one point to another?

Return to “Roleplay”