The Shinra

A forum for roleplays, Final Fantasy VII themed or otherwise.

Moderator: Anguipes

Ultimate Fantasy

Re: The Shinra

Post#21 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:48 pm

Alex-"You do have it rough Sephy, you cant get away with anything can you. Oh well if you ever need help with anything just give me a shout"

He smiled though as per usual his kindness to some seemed eerie. Though it wasn't surprising as to Alex this was just a game to hold back the boredom. It would take a lot more than a few bullets to clean up the mess he makes when he's bored.

Alex-"You might want to get a new sword. My bullet shouldn't have done too much damage but the rest of the training room might have. Plus as you hit a power line the electricity might have magnetized it or something which can always prove to be awkward."

With the gun still spinning on his finger it was clear Alex had no intention of putting it's safety on. This meant that every spin of the run there was a chance Alex would accidentally blow his own head off with misplaced movement.

Alex-"So want to head over to the armory? From the looks of it neither of us can really use the training room so we have spare time. Plus I want to see if they have anything new in"

I probably like FF14 too much

Anguipes
Roleplay Moderator

Post#22 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:20 pm

"Don't call me 'Sephy'," Sephiroth said blankly, more on reflex than anything else. He was under no delusions that the request stopped anyone, though he couldn't see why the extra syllable was so much trouble to some people. "And I didn't need help. If someone sees through your story all you've done is made things worse, and got yourself involved."

If you ever need help with anything... The sentiment was genuine Sephiroth decided, but with ulterior motives. Alexander would "help", if only as a ready excuse to do something dramatic and irrational. Like this...

"Anyway, it's just a practice sword." Come to think of it, it shouldn't have been strong or sharp enough to get through the mech's armor. They were supposed to be designed to stand up to the attentions of First Class SOLDIERs, after all.

"Put the safety on. If your gun goes off by accident in the corridors you'll just get us in even more trouble."

Ultimate Fantasy

Post#23 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:57 pm

Alex-"But at least that would pass the time my dear Sephy."

He smirked. Sephiroth was fun to play with for Alex. He was different from the others, much different. Alex did not care why he was different just that he was different. Sephiroth he knew saw straight through his more basic games which by itself made it more fun, as it meant he could try some more complex things with him.

Alex-"To answer your worrying I helped because I am quiet frankly bored. With the higher ups rambling on, none of them wanting to be the one who has to make the decision of sending us into wutai has left me with little to do. So getting myself into a situation like this is at least better than what I was doing earlier."

Alex smirked as he stopped spinning the gun ,stopping it at the exact moment it was pointing at his own head. With a movement of his finger he turned the safety on.

Alex-"There you go, does that calm you down a bit? Even if it's a practice weapon you will need to put it in for repair or have them throw it out. Otherwise whoever uses it next it going to have a surprise when it most likely breaks."

From how deep the sword had been wedged into the floor it didn't take much for Alex to figure out how powerful the slash had been. If he had been on the other end of it most likely he would know be in two parts. Though that's what made playing with Sephiroth more fun as Alex did like to play with danger.

Anguipes
Roleplay Moderator

Post#24 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:28 am

"I am aware of that," Sephiroth murmured, walking past Alex to the door without making eye contact. While he could appreciate the need for intellectual stimulation, he could never grasp why that seemed to equate to deliberately causing problems in people like Alex. Nor did he understand why the other SOLDIER occasionally lapsed into such an artificially cultivated mode of speech. It might fool some into thinking he had had a better upbringing than was the case, but certain hints in the vowels betrayed an early life in the slums. He wondered just how long Alex would be able to keep up such a charade around Midgar or Junon's actual upper classes.

Playing... the word surfaced suddenly in Sephiroth's mind. Playing with words as well as guns. Just... playing.

He paused at the door and looked over his shoulder at Alex. "We're probably headed in the same direction. But you can leave me out of your 'fun'."

Ultimate Fantasy

Post#25 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:37 am

Alex-"Sure and don't worry I am not planning anything. I just want to see if they have got anything new in. Sadly if you want to use one of their guns you have to book a session and all that. So don't worry Sephy I can't do anything, well at least here."

He grinned and turned to follow Sephiroth now having gone back to spinning his gun on his finger. Alex was enjoying this. Watching Sephiroth's mind working like a machine trying to see the hidden meanings in his every action and word. There were only a few people who had a mind like Sephiroths in shinra which made it hard for Alex to find someone to play with.

Alex-"You never know there might be something there that will grab your attention. As you know if your good and have certain skill or preference to a weapon they will let you use it over the standard sword."

Alex himself had been allowed this. He had passed all sword related tests within Soldier. But he had shown a great level of skill with guns and so had given him permission for him to specialize in them.

Anguipes
Roleplay Moderator

Post#26 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:03 pm

As he walked Sephiroth could see Alex continuing to twirl his gun out of the corner of his eye. He could not share the other SOLDIER's enthusiasm for firearms. It was not out of ignorance or inexperience: he had intensive training in a wide range of weapons, combat styles, offensive, defensive and auxiliary materia, unarmed combat, the list went on. But guns seemed... inefficient, given the abilities of a SOLDIER. A gun was only little better in the hands of a SOLDIER than when used by standard troopers - better handling of recoil, sharper senses, and faster reactions perhaps, but no basic increase in damage as with a close-quarters weapon. Reloading speed was limited by the machinery, not just reaction time, and at the speed SOLDIERs usually operated jams became more or less inevitable. They were noisy, and left behind shell casings and the scent of gunpowder, interfering with stealth and making their users easier to track. And they were easy to defend against - cover, strong enough Barrier magic, wide-area Slow or Stop, or even a blast of elemental magic to destroy the bullets en-route could render a hail of bullets, if not harmless, then little more than an annoyance.

The SOLDIER armory was not as large or well-stocked as one might expect for a supposedly elite unit. The company's internal politics were to blame, as usual; Weapons Development and Public Safety were doing everything they could to stop Science edging in on their territory. But it also meant that beyond the standard equipment what Weapons Development deemed surplus, too dangerous, or just plain uncategorisable occasionally turned up.

Sephiroth entered without any intention to linger. Just like everything else off schedule, wandering around too late came with the risk of Hojo interrogating him as to just what he had been doing. Ideally he would be able to get back to his room after this, and see if he could manage to sleep.

Ultimate Fantasy

Post#27 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:57 am

Alex-"Ah lets see what we have today. You might have some luck with swords. The army guys tend to prefer guns so less of them use the strange swords. "

He placed his pistol back down. The one he was using was basically one of the gun equivalents to Sephiroths training sword. Standard and not too powerful so not to cause too much damage to the training room and others in sparing. His usual choice of weapons weren't allowed in there sadly.

Alex-"Lately any gun they have made which is too powerful for a normal person to use they have just re-modified for fixed guns and the such. So only occasionally do I get lucky."

Alex started rummaging through the weapons knowing as per usual he wasn't going to get anything good. Bar his personal pistols he never found anything too useful here. But it at least kept the boredom away for a bit.

Alex-"Though you never know you might find the weapon of your dreams in here. Have you seen some of the swords the other guys have their insane. I am not a sword guy but it is pretty cool. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a weapon of that level."
Last edited by Ultimate Fantasy on Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anguipes
Roleplay Moderator

Post#28 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:17 pm

[OOC: Canonically Angeal and Genesis aren't in SOLDIER yet, they join up sometime mid-war after Sephiroth becomes famous]

Ultimate Fantasy

Post#29 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:57 pm

ooc- yeh I wasn't sure about that, I tried finding the date they joined to no luck. I just made a guess by the date. But it's not a important bit so I will edit it :)

Anguipes
Roleplay Moderator

Post#30 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:38 pm

[ooc: no problem, just me being anal :P]

"Something like a Hardedge may be excellent against a larger, less mobile opponent, but they're slow and inaccurate," he said, heading for the bins marked 'FOR REPAIR'. "And the range is shorter than it looks. If you catch anything solid with just the tip you can easily get thrown off balance. Anything more exotic than that might need to be custom ordered and the company will do everything possible not to foot the bill, on top of all the bureaucracy involved."

Return to “Roleplay”