The Shinra

A forum for roleplays, Final Fantasy VII themed or otherwise.

Moderator: Anguipes

Anguipes
Roleplay Moderator

Re: The Shinra

Post#141 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:51 pm

[damn, new page. Don't miss the short one before this!]

Shinra Building, Department of Administrative Research

"Sir, our detainee seems to have disappeared into the Science department."

"Not again. Tell me we have something from Wutai."

"Too early to tell from the very latest, but Weapons Development has got wind of it and they're going nuts trying to work out where the leak is. They're convinced the Wutai must have stolen Shinra technology at some point to be able to produce a barrier like that. But we've only got very early reports."

"And the video from SOLDIER?"

"We have a positive identity on two parties. First is the SOLDIER operative who supposedly sent it, not much surprise there. The person of main interest is... well. We have him on file. Doctor James Hunter, former Shinra employee. Former because, according to our records, he's dead. Something about experimenting on unstable materia and a massive lab explosion."

"So there's been a loose end wandering around for years. Remind me to have a word with whoever handled the cleanup for that incident."

"Yes sir."

"Between this and a probable defector from Science... Or was he Weapons Development? Check the files and get back to me. Things are starting to fall together."

"The President will be furi..."

"The President is delighted. Unofficially, of course. PR can sell this as Wutai gearing up for war, developing weapons, stealing Shinra secrets, treachery, betrayal, immanent danger, the whole package. It's just the excuse they needed."

Ultimate Fantasy

Post#142 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:56 pm

{Don't worry about it I have been busy as hell lately any way :)}

Alex started to slowly flick through the papers. He could possibly get a few more locations of bases from 4. That would be enough for him to start a sweep of the city. Taking out one base after another would force this man in charge out. But that would take time plus it relied on Wieland not being able to leave Midgar which he could not guaranty. If anything he needed to send this Wieland a message. Something to grab his attention. Something to get into his mind, something keep awake and force into a mistake.

Alex-"What sort of man is Wieland. being a terrorist I am guessing he loves the planet and all that crap. But I don't care about that. What does he think of his people and how close are his "trusted" people to him. You see I need to know if I am facing a man or a monster. If it's a man it will be simple, but if it's a monster well things will be veeeeery fun. But also that means I won't just be able to leave his name written in giant letters somewhere using you and your friends blood and guts. That would just get a monster excited. I want to break him you see. But I guess you wouldn't know but maybe our soon to be joining guest will have some ideas."

I probably like FF14 too much

Anguipes
Roleplay Moderator

Post#143 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:46 pm

The papers caught briefly on something as Alex pulled them free. There were some roughly sketched floor plans, mostly scribbled out. One sheet was just a set of letters, C, I, G, J, NM, P, S, R, scrawled over and over again, sometimes connected with lines into simple diagrams. Nothing that looked like it could give any solid information about who the group were and where else the might be based.

"Wieland? Intellect'l type. Doubt he's a trained fighter, but with th'amount of materia 'round these days y'can never tell who's gonna be dangerous, right? Impression I get's that he's got a small group of cronies, fanatics like y'said, and everyone else's just bein' used. If y'ask me..."

The was a faintly audible click from somewhere under the floor... and no time to move before the bomb went off.

Ultimate Fantasy

Post#144 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:00 am

All Alex could do was make sure the papers weren't caught in the blast before the bomb went off. He was quick but not even someone from SOLDIER was quick enough to move away from a Bomb at that range. The blast engulfed him burning his right leg and torso. The papers were still mostly in one piece though singed around the edges. He had used his own body as a shield stop the damage from them. Alex quickly pocketed them in his jacket pocket. The explosion would have easily killed a normal person at that range and in truth had done a decent amount of damage to Alex for a explosive. But Alex had more important things to do than worry than what damage he had taken, he could still fight which was what all he needed.

Alex-" Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...........why does no one ever listen to me."

He kicked the remains of the hut looking round. Alex needed to check for two things. One if 4 was alive and 2 if there was a tunnel or anything else round the building. A quick means of escape for someone or a method or tracking them for him. As he kicked the pieces of building away he absent-mindedly pulled pieces of floor board that had got stuck in him from the explosion.

Alex-" Every time....it's like ...it's like you want to make problems for yourselves. You want to give me a reason for me to kill you. You want me to rip your arm off and FORCE IT DOWN YOUR GOD DAMN THROAT!.....ahahaha aaaaah"

Alex wasn't sure if 4 survived the blast. Alex had taken the brunt of it so he might of accidentally shielded him from it. But the man was already injured and there's lots of shrapnel in explosions. He pulled the last bit of floor board out of leg and then stood up straight pulling out his guns.

Alex-" You guys really don't know what I am do you. A monster is a understatement yet you still screw with me. Ahaha well lets have some fun, lets bring the end , dancing in the blood, guts and fire."

With another kick Alex moved the last bit of rubble away revealing 4 to see if he was alive or not. Alex hadn't been planning to go on a rampage today as he was trying to be good. But things had changed and his true self was howling for blood.

Anguipes
Roleplay Moderator

Post#145 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:08 pm

There was no evidence of tunnels, just a shallow crater around where the bomb had been buried. "4" had been blown a good distance by the blast. He was clearly in a bad way; not moving, barely breathing. He would probably be dead soon without serious medical attention. Worse still Alex's phone had started beeping, the tone indicating an urgent message from SOLDIER command.

Ultimate Fantasy

Post#146 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:09 pm

Alex knelt down next to 4

Alex-"I need a location of another base now, tell me?"

His voice was very cold now, mainly as his other self wanted to take control. But also out having lost all patience with people. While waiting for 4 to reply he flicked open his phone to look at the message. He guessed he should tell them to send a different type of team to look at the building now. Alex doubted people who could look for finger prints were any good at getting info from the aftermath of a explosion.

Anguipes
Roleplay Moderator

Post#147 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:53 pm

The message was simple: "ALL SOLDIER OPERATIVES NOT CURRENTLY ON MISSION REPORT FOR EMERGENCY BRIEFING"

4 was barely responsive, his eyes glazed. He seemed to be trying to follow the movement of Alex's lips rather than hearing what he said.

Ultimate Fantasy

Post#148 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:58 pm

Alex-"........hahaha.....fine."

Alex's eyes went wild as he snapped our of fury. His other self took complete control out of sheer rage filling his head with bloodlust. He suddenly thrust one of his guns forward at 4 seemingly intended to smash his skull in with it. Though just as the gun collided with him Alex pulled the trigger to add to the impact. 4 was now useless like everyone else around Alex. So his last job would be taking Alex's fury. He kept smashing him with his gun and shooting till he had burnt through the rounds in the clip. One smash/ shot would have taken the mans head off but Alex's rage needed the continued punishment even though he was just blowing a small crater into the ground.

Alex-" ....ah that's better for now at least."

He stood up calmly. His true self had calmed back down for now. though for how long Alex didn't know, though to be fair he never knew which kept things interesting. Alex started to calmly walk back to the shinra base leaving the remains of 4 without a word. he had a place to stop to shower and change before going back to the building. There was now a good amount of blood and dirt on his clothes which would raise questions. But blood was a usual problem he had in the past so he could deal with that.

Anguipes
Roleplay Moderator

Post#149 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:59 pm

Sephiroth disliked large gatherings: too many people in one place made his head buzz. He was beginning to get a headache already, and the meeting room was only half-full. He had tucked himself into a corner, keeping to himself but also keeping an ear on the conversations of his fellow SOLDIERS. They gossiped just as much as any Shinra department, perhaps more. (No one more than the Turks however.) He listened less out of any expectation of learning anything useful in this case, and more out of habit. No one seemed sure what the briefing would be about, though there were plenty of theories flying around.

Ultimate Fantasy

Post#150 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:28 am

Alex walked in. He was a bit late having to get changed and removed all the blood splatter. His injuries had been given some quick treatment. The burns from the explosion were painful but it helped keep his mind focus. His other self still wanted to play. Calming it down was proving much more difficult than usual. It did not like having it's fun interrupted. Hopefully the training room had been repaired already so he could try and let off some steam in there. But for he had to tolerate it throwing itself at the bars so to say. As per usual he was spinning his gun round on his finger. Though for a change it was not loaded at all. Mainly as he did not trust his control at this point. It would be too easy to mow down a decent part of the room before anyone could act.

Looking around the room he saw faces he remembered. A lot of people were strong and important. Even Sephy was here though he not to Alex's surprise didn't looking uncomfortable. Alex wasn't a fan of crowds but he just played a game of thinking up the best ways of killing people in them to make them more tolerable. He doubted Sephy had that ,at least not yet. A lot of people were talking about what this meeting was about. Alex didn't really care for theories. He just wanted to know if this would let him have some fun. But the room was mostly full now so he imagined he would find out soon.

Return to “Roleplay”