The Shinra

A forum for roleplays, Final Fantasy VII themed or otherwise.

Moderator: Anguipes

Ultimate Fantasy

Re: The Shinra

Post#91 » Thu May 08, 2014 9:38 pm

ooc- I feel your pain with being busy. Work and having to move house is eating up my time.

Alex was pretty sure he was the worst possible choice for this mission. Finding out who paid this guy to sneak in would involve Alex having to talk to people in out of the way places working off the radar. Whenever Alex went off the radar it came with a good number of corpses at the end of it. Though that was good. It implied Hojo didn't know of Alex being completely insane or at least didn't care that he was or that he liked to murder people. Either way it was helpful. Plus if the trail did lead to Wutai and Lord Godo it would allow Alex to start the war he had been wanting to do. All it would take was one "stray" shot.

Alex-"That I can do sir. Though I will need a few things first. I will need to look at any belongings he had on him at the time so I can work out a place to start. As at the moment I all I have is his smell and the fact he wanted some materia which isn't much to go on. Any information he might have let slip after the med team took him away would also be handy. Though having a chance to see if I can get to ....."talk" about who sent him might also be helpful. Though with that we would most likely have to wait till he has recovered more."

I probably like FF14 too much

Madhouse

Post#92 » Wed May 14, 2014 12:00 am

Some time after, in a dark basement, somewhere in another corner of the world, two young scientists examine a man put in stasis inside a large Mako-filled tube. They both look very tired. The female researcher observes:

"No morphological changes. The genome hasn't altered. It isn't doing anything at all."

The scrawny fellow replies to his collegue:

"...We're probably not giving it enough. We must scrap our formulas and come up with another alternative."

The girl puts down her papers and turns to him: "...Hey... I know this is not really the place to talk about it, but.."

He looks dismissively to the ground: "Don't. We really don't have time for another conspiracy talk."

She raises her voice: "Listen to me for a second. We were told these were horrible criminals. We were lied to. I've been to Kalm to inspect the survivors and it all reeks. There were no casualties on our side. It's like they didn't even think of fighting back. Do you really think the largest uprising faction anti-Shinra would just cross their arms while they were being shot at and their homes burnt to the ground? There's something really wrong here. Something they're not telling us."

He sighs at her, although being worried himself about the lack of transparency of it all: "Look, we just do what we're told. If you questioned everything along your way, you wouldn't be here."

He picks up her papers: "This is what we must focus on. We must go back to formula and come up with something, and quick. At this rate, we won't be ready for next week, and If, after fusing it with materia, Hojo ends up with a floating carcass, it'll be back to cleaning the dispensers for us."

She sighs and looks back at the frigid tube. While scribbling some calculations, the man inadvertently asks: "So... What was this guy's name, anyway?"

The scientist looks in her papers for a few seconds: "Erm... Let me check..."

She looks back at the sleeping man. "The soldiers found no ID on him. He was named John Doe."

SOLDIERofficer81

Post#93 » Thu May 15, 2014 6:12 am

Hojo nods. "Yes, I suppose I am asking too much of you to follow what is already a cold trail without any clues. You can have a look at his belongings while I retrieve the Building's internal security recordings. They will reveal if the intruder said anything that might be useful."

The Professor turned to leave the firing range and stepped out into the corridor. A moment later, his PHS sounded and Hojo answered the call. "Yes? ... The procedure is completed? ... That is some fast work. You're sure there are no complications? ... Alright, I'll be there shortly."
"Let us never miss a step. May we never lose our friends. This is our home, our haven, our Citadel."
Citadel denizen since October 5, 2000 | SOLDIER's Final Fantasy VII Messageboard

Madhouse

Post#94 » Thu May 15, 2014 11:37 am

"Bah, he's broken! He won't do. He's useless! Go get another one, quick! And dump this one to the mountains!"

The man was brought out of the mansion and thrown into the hills. After some minutes, he clumsily lifts himself off the ground. The horrible voice kept ringing in his ears. He tries to figure out what's going on.

"My name... They said my name was... Jon."

In his trance-like state, induced by severe Mako poisoning, Jon travelled the world with no clear goal. He only felt drawn to a certain place. Sometimes, he would be lucky enough to get a ride and being offered food and water. Other times he would be a stowaway in ships going to and fro between the continents. When he reached a big, green city he didn't feel drawn to somewhere anymore.

He found himself a corner in the slums, where he finally settled. He had no idea where he came from or where he was at. He kept wandering in the streets, trying to learn something about this place. He tried asking people, but most would ignore him. The ones that didn't couldn't understand a word Jon said, and promptly left him. It was in this time where he got acquainted with the man in the suit. He spoke from a tiny box behind a window: "Good evening. My name is Marty Amer and this is Shinra News Evening Edition." Thanks to him, Jon would learn a great deal of Midgar and Shinra.

Why was Jon remembering all of this? Was he still in some sort of purgatory where he would be forced to become a spectator of his memories? Was he being judged for the actions of his life? What was waiting him at the end of this long, dark corridor? And why were strange noises and familiar voices being mingled in this strange spectacle? How strange it all semmed to him, still not being in his idea of a Heaven.

Ultimate Fantasy

Post#95 » Fri May 23, 2014 10:07 pm

Alex-"Very well sir. I will collect the equipment I will be needing for this mission then I will head up to the evidence room."

He fired one last pair of shots from his pistols. The angle of the shots caused them to collide in mid air ,bouncing off each other taking out the targets in both far corners of the range. Alex liked to show off a little now and then plus he was excited. He knew he would need civilian clothes for this sort of mission. A pair of suppressors for his guns. Part of him considered taking a pair of smaller hand guns with him instead of his large high power ones. But the size gave them a large intimidation factor and he would need to do some threatening on this mission. Though the thing that joyed him most was the fact with this sort of mission random causalities were permitted, admittedly within reason. If they stopped his work taking them down would be allowed and oh how he liked that. These were Alex's favourite type of missions well other than starting wars that is.

Alex-"Well then sir I will go prepare."

He lowered his pistols both now empty saluted and headed to get ready.

Madhouse

Post#96 » Mon May 26, 2014 7:39 am

"Did you call him?"

"Yes, yes. He already said he's coming."

How disappointingly humane were the voices of angels, Jon thought. It seemed their infinite wisdom didn't make them any less plain. Though, in a way, the familiarity of it reassured him, made him feel more comfortable. He wanted to speak to them, to ask them what was going on, but he couldn't. It was as if he had forgotten how to, or as if his vocal chords were gone. He could not even open his mouth. This frustrated him; after realizing he couldn't even speak a syllable, he became angry. He tried to scream as hard as he could.

"The VCA! There was a fluctuation in the current just then."

"Do you think the tone generator will really work?"

"...Look!"

An otherwordly sound began to form in his sternum; slowly gaining more volume, the hellish noise rose to his larynx, where it was finally clear of all the stutter.

"...........bbbbbbbbbbBBBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZTTTTTTTTTTT-T-T-T-T-T--T--T--T--T--T---T---T---WWWWWWHAT THE FUCK"

Ultimate Fantasy

Post#97 » Mon May 26, 2014 9:49 pm

(ooc- Madhouse feel free to step in for the next post with your characters possessions)

Alex had picked out some civilian clothing and collected the equipment he needed. For getting information and tracking someone down Alex was a traditionalist in that he used the old method of inflicting lots of pain till people talked. So for that reasoning he had collected a pair of suppressors for his pistols, a knife, a medkit just in case he went over board and a grenade or two. The grenades were for the harder to crack people. Though now Alex had to try and figure out a lead. This guy must have been paid to break in. A bum wouldn't break into the shinra building randomly even if they were drunk. So hopefully his possessions would give him a clue.

Alex-"That is if the guy actually owned anything."

Either way Alex entered the evidence room. One of the staff there had laid out what the man had had on him when he was captured.

Anguipes
Roleplay Moderator

Post#98 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:06 am

Sephiroth woke with a start, his mind swirling with half-remembered images. His dreams had always been closer to mako-induced hallucinations than what other people seemed to describe. Fragments of experience that felt so very real, but couldn't possibly belong to him.

Subconsciously his mind got to work on trying to sort the dream-fragments from actual memory. An intruder in the building, smelling of the slums..? Yes, that had been real. Blood and fire and the stench of burning flesh? ...no, not this time. A hut in the countryside, filled with strange machinery? Obviously not. The labs, hearing sounds almost like mechanical screaming? No, that didn't seem right... Trapped, near death, an enemy watching him for any wrong move, that was... that was...

Consciously he had the lingering feeling of being watched. He tried to ignore it. He was always being watched. He could search the room for bugs, but in his experience it would do little good. He had destroyed the cameras before. The first time to prove that he knew, and that he could. The subsequent few times in a futile attempt to annoy Hojo, but the professor had just smugly commented on his speed and efficiency at accomplishing the task.

Had the intruder been caught yet? He pushed aside the firm yes coming from the back of his mind and tried to think rationally. He listened. It didn't sound like the building was on alert. No distant alarms. What footsteps he could hear were relaxed.

He was starting to feel claustrophobic. He stared at the door. Technically there was nothing to stop him from leaving. He had no official curfew here and the building never really shut down for the night. No one really cared how little he slept, as long as he was fit for whatever was asked of him.

Ultimate Fantasy

Post#99 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:47 pm

(ooc- as madhouse never replied I will just make some stuff up)

Alex stared over what the man had had on him. There wasn't much which wasn't surprising. A few coins, some scraps nothing that really stood out. No note of any kind either which was a pity. It was very unlikely but the man might have had something to indicate his plan or something.

Alex-" So why?"

Why was the question. The man had fear in his eyes when Alex had chased him down. So he wasn't a professional pretending to be a hobo for one. It could have been a act of desperation, the man could have been in real need of money. But then he would have robbed a store or something a lot simpler than breaking into a high security building. No it was something else. A order? A job? Maybe it seemed logical, the man had little to no reason to break in by himself. On the table was the materia the man had fired at Alex as well. Alex picked it up throwing it up in the air and catching it.

Alex-" That was a fair stream he fired."

The materia wasn't anything special just a standard fire materia. So to get such a stream of fire out of it was impressive. Alex would say there was only a few in Soldier how could out do that including Sephy and himself. This man wasn't ordinary to say the least. Alex pocket the materia and looked at the file next to the evidence. It had all they medical team knew about the man. So it was pretty much empty but it had a few photo's of the man. Some of just his face and some of all his injuries. Ales took all of them, the ones with injuries would be helpful to bully some info out of people. But it seemed Alex was going to have to go out into the slums for this one which joyed him a lot. With this small amount of info to go on he was going to have to work it out himself.

Alex-"Well let the fun begin."

He left the room heading to the ground floor. Alex had a fair idea of which way the man had come from. He had had a look at the security feeds plus knew a secluded route to sector 7 which the man very likely used.

Anguipes
Roleplay Moderator

Post#100 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:34 pm

The small slums hovel was lit by candles, rather than the usual bulbs powered by electricity riskily jacked from the Shinra grids. Plans of the Shinra headquarters were spread out on a table. They were incomplete, pieced together from scraps of varying styles; everything from architectural blueprints to rough, hand-sketched notes. Details got scanter the further up the tower the plans went with whole blocks of floors represented by paper with a simple "???" scrawled on it.

A ragtag group of people were grouped around the table. Some looked like typical slums dwellers, while a few were clearly not native to Midgar.

"We're still having trouble getting past floor sixty, or further down into the basements. Throwing random schmucks in on bullshit missions isn't going to cut it anymore. We need some other way to investigate the..." one of the non-Midgarians was saying. He was interrupted by a young man with a slums accent.

"Why can't we just bring the whole thing down from the lower floors? The gang's been talking it through, we can do this. Those Shinra idiots won't even know what hit them!"

"I've told you," said a third, an older man, again not from Midgar, "there are... things I need to confirm first."

"Things? The hell, that's all you've got to say!? We joined up to teach those Shinra bastards a lesson, not playing spy games. We can do this with what we've got already. Isn't time running out for the Planet, or whatever the hell it is you keep muttering about?"

"No one does anything against the Shinra HQ until I say so, you hear me!"

"Like we even need you..." the younger man muttered darkly, storming out of the hovel and slamming the door hard enough to make the whole structure rattle.

The older man sighed. It would be so easy, just to bring the whole thing down. Not care about the casualties. Sacrifices would have to be made, for the good of the Planet. Those people had made their choice, working for Shinra. But...

If Shinra really were holding the last of the Ancients, here in Midgar, those rushing in to destruction might be about to commit a terrible sin.

Return to “Roleplay”