The Shinra

A forum for roleplays, Final Fantasy VII themed or otherwise.

Moderator: Anguipes

Ultimate Fantasy

Re: The Shinra

Post#81 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:38 pm

Alex was surprised no one had brought up how he had nearly killed the intruder yet. Though knowing Shinra someone realized they could use a half dead person so didn't care. But was getting board which was dangerous.

Alex-"Well I guess I could take a leaf out of Sephy's books. Shooting some things could help pass the times"

Just a pity they aren't living. Alex smirked. It was true but something was better than nothing. The exercise would at least help calm his other self. So he headed towards one of the shooting ranges. At this time they would be empty too meaning he could have a bit more fun than usual.

I probably like FF14 too much

SOLDIERofficer81

Post#82 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:43 am

Hojo had some time on his hands. The Project, as the Surgical Team was calling that John Doe they were cyborging, was in the procedure room right now. A few high-paying customers were next door, ready for some new organs. Sephiroth had disappeared, which was not a problem, since the boy could take care of himself, and whatever he was doing would provide valuable data in any case. And the SOLDIER program was running smoothly at this point. Hojo had given up day-to-day management weeks ago. If he was needed for anything, he would be paged immediately.

Wandering the halls, Hojo found himself in the training wing. Shooting from one of the ranges drew The Professor's attention. "Kind of late for target practice..."
"Let us never miss a step. May we never lose our friends. This is our home, our haven, our Citadel."
Citadel denizen since October 5, 2000 | SOLDIER's Final Fantasy VII Messageboard

Ultimate Fantasy

Post#83 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:33 pm

Alex smirked hearing Hojo's comment.

Alex-"True but also isn't it kind of late to be wandering round the halls sir."

Part of Alex was glad he had only just started warming up rather than being in the full swing of his session. Mainly as he broke a lot of safety rules when he did. He never got in trouble for it mainly as he had never hurt himself or anyone else thanks to self restraint on his part. With Hojo he preferred to keep up the good soldier image. Mainly as the man interested Alex. Alex could tell Hojo was insane though in the chasing perfection way which people seemed okay with unlike Alex's murdery kind.

Alex-" Anything I can help you with."

He kept firing down the range as he talked. The shooting range was currently set to have random targets pop up all over the range. Alex wasn't struggling with the range, sadly for him the fact the targets only appeared in one direction made it kind of easy. But still the shooting helped clear his head.

Anguipes
Roleplay Moderator

Post#84 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:00 pm

He was trapped, and hurt, and exhausted, and starving. He could barely feel his limbs. Maybe it was dark, or maybe he just couldn't see. And... there was something in here with him. Something large and aggressive and desperate. It was watching him closely, and he knew that if he moved it would attack. He wasn't sure he could defend himself in this state. There was nowhere to run. He needed to stay as still as possible. Maybe if he was patient enough he would heal, so very slowly, enough to be able to fight. Occasionally he felt something tiny crawling over his skin, or the sharp sting of a bite. It was irritating, but he couldn't do anything about it. He didn't dare move.

Sephiroth was vaguely aware that this wasn't real, that he was dreaming or hallucinating or... something. It didn't make things any better. He was... someone was...

He could see the stars. When had that started? Or maybe he was just remembering seeing the stars... but it was comforting, somehow. The night sky was open and cool and infinite and free. The tiny lights were each an alluring mystery. Perhaps they shone on other worlds. If they did, he wanted to see them one day. What would those worlds be like? Whatever they were, they could not be as cruel as this one.

SOLDIERofficer81

Post#85 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:13 pm

Hojo stood behind Alex, watching the man shoot a few rounds.

"Alex, you're the one who captured that intruder in the Building, yes? Do you know anything about him? He seems familiar, but I can't quite place him. By the way, your aim is excellent."
"Let us never miss a step. May we never lose our friends. This is our home, our haven, our Citadel."
Citadel denizen since October 5, 2000 | SOLDIER's Final Fantasy VII Messageboard

Ultimate Fantasy

Post#86 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:27 am

Alex-"Thank you sir."

He was unsure if Hojo knew the full extent of his abilities. Though he wouldn't be surprised if he did. Hojo monitored all of Soldier so it would be safe to assume he had seen his heavier shooting sessions.

Alex-" I wouldn't really call it capturing sir. By the time I found him he was as manic as a animal. I nearly had to put him down to make sure he didn't do any damage to the building. From his smell and appearance he was from the slums but I am sorry to say that is all I really know of him. I might have seen him out in the city during my free time but if I did I did not make note of him."

If Alex had made note of him he most likely would have been dead a good while ago. The targets had started to speed up their movement now but Alex kept shooting them with ease. The shooting kept his other self distracted which in the current situation was handy.

Alex-"Though one thing to note is he had the ability to wield materia with a fair bit of potency, more potency that he should have been able to. From his reactions and body language at the time it seemed like it was his first time using it. Which does raise more questions as to how he could use that level of spell on his first go."

Madhouse

Post#87 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:41 am

"No.
No.
No.
No.
No.
No.
No."

The scientist, followed by an assistant, was passing through the survivors and seemed to be inspecting the almost dead bodies. She stopped in front of one of them and looks at him for some time.

"..."

She took out some strange tools from her bag and holds them next to him. The little machines beeped loudly.

"...Yes."

The assistant wrote down the man's number and followed the scientist as she put her tools back and inspected the rest.
Last edited by Madhouse on Tue May 13, 2014 10:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SOLDIERofficer81

Post#88 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:15 am

Hojo nods, lost in thought for a moment. After shaking his head in frustration, the Profession sighs.

"Interesting clue, about the Materia. But I still can't place him. How would you feel about a little assignment. It's something I'd normally give to Sephiroth. But since you're the one who caught the intruder, it's only fair you get the follow-up mission. Unless you're too busy shooting targets?"

Ultimate Fantasy

Post#89 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:54 pm

Alex-"I always have time for a assignment Sir."

Oh this made Alex excited. Sephy always got the good missions. Even if not it gave him a chance to get out of the building. It had been a while since he got to leave the building for a mission at least. He was aloud out now that was just in his free time which was also usually monitored by someone.

SOLDIERofficer81

Post#90 » Thu May 08, 2014 4:47 am

OOC: Apologies for my tardy reply. Been a busy week.
Ultimate Fantasy wrote:Alex-"I always have time for a assignment Sir."

Oh this made Alex excited. Sephy always got the good missions. Even if not it gave him a chance to get out of the building. It had been a while since he got to leave the building for a mission at least. He was aloud out now that was just in his free time which was also usually monitored by someone.

Hojo nods and moves around to where he can get a good look at Alex. "The intruder, he was up to something. And I know him from somewhere, I'm certain. Find out everything you can about him. And maybe the trail will lead you to our old friend Lord Godo and Wutai. That would be something to take to the President. It would be a feather in my cap. And yours."

Return to “Roleplay”