My Wutai RP Thread

A forum for roleplays, Final Fantasy VII themed or otherwise.

Moderator: Anguipes

MetalGhost

Re: My Wutai RP Thread

Post#181 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:19 am

I sigh and stand, placing my fists in the small of my back and leaning backwards to a cacophony of crackles. The faraday cage now stands completed, surrounding the entirety of Doc's machinery.

"Well guys, this was super fun and all, but it's getting late and I've had a very disappointing day. I'll talk to you all in the morning. Unless I have a choice in the matter I guess..." I chuckle at my own non-existent wit.

Anguipes
Roleplay Moderator

Post#182 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:44 pm

"You have considerable plans against the Shinra it seems. I cannot ask you to do more on my account." She smiled slightly. "One step at a time, perhaps."

Ultimate Fantasy

Post#183 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:01 pm

Anguipes wrote:"You have considerable plans against the Shinra it seems. I cannot ask you to do more on my account." She smiled slightly. "One step at a time, perhaps."

The Doc- "Oh I have been taking it one step at a time, we have just happen to met when I am half way up the stair case. I have regrets from my time at Shinra and boy I don't like having regrets. So I am not doing more on account of you, it happens to be I have met someone else who can benefit from my impending, crazy and very dangerous actions. "

He grinned spinning round towards his computer.

Doc-"Also well done Han, thank you for your hard work. Specially considering of mild abuse of you. So before you leave I invite you to watch the test run of this thing. That is if my lady is okay to give it a go. We need to make sure the field generated by this is strong enough plus that the energy feeding back from it can create strong enough shields through the materia."

The Doc gave Zinada a grin.

Doc-"So Zinada it is your time to shine in this time of new things and weirdness."

The electricity absorbing bracelet was in front of her with the barrier and mp barrier materia set into it. Once the doc turned on the machine the bracelet would start absorbing the electricity turning it into MP to power the 2 materia. Zinanda would need to do the initial cast of them then effectively constantly cast them through the MP being gained from the electricity.

I probably like FF14 too much

MetalGhost

Post#184 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:26 pm

Well, I suppose it's not like I have anything better to do.

"Alrighty then, might as well," I reply, leaning back against a pillar and folding my arms.

(OOC: Was it just me or did this place disappear for a while there?)

Ultimate Fantasy

Post#185 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:32 pm

MetalGhost wrote:Well, I suppose it's not like I have anything better to do.

"Alrighty then, might as well," I reply, leaning back against a pillar and folding my arms.

(OOC: Was it just me or did this place disappear for a while there?)

Doc-"Well thats one"

(OOC: yeh it did, its happened before but not for as long as that. I thought the site might have actually died)

Anguipes
Roleplay Moderator

Post#186 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:50 pm

Zinaida took a deep breath and slipped on the bracelet, reaching her senses towards the materia. Physical and magical barriers, just as the Doc had said. She could sense nothing hostile from them, no intent to harm and no warning that they were being used against their will. "Very well. I dual cast these, and keep up the spells for as long as possible, correct?"

Ultimate Fantasy

Post#187 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:51 pm

The Doc grinned running over to the computer

Doc-"Yes though for this test we will just go for 3 minutes but at high power. I don't want to tire you out as we do not know when Shinra might turn up do we. Plus it will give me a chance ti stress test some of the components."

He started typing rapidly into the computer. The generator kicked into life while the tesla coil began to hum.

Doc-"All of wutai will see this test. How about we give them a show."

Anguipes
Roleplay Moderator

Post#188 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:48 am

The assemblage of metal and cables started to buzz softly, like a hornet's nest, and Zinaida could feel the magical energies start to flow. There was a odd, almost metallic feel to it. She turned her mind towards the materia, doing her best to blocked out low humming and the strangeness of the whole situation, and focused her mind towards giving the barrier spells form.

The magic blasted outwards.

Ultimate Fantasy

Post#189 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:58 am

The Doctor was moving round like a mad man. Rapidly typing in on the computer, moving a cable when it came loss. But the whole time he had a wild grin on his face. He was loving this, the chaos, the craziness of it all. The Barriers themselves were rapidly increasing in size already almost at their full size which was enough to cover Wutai. Getting them up to full size was easy enough all it took was applying the right power. The difficult was maintaining them.

Doc- "HAHA that's it keep going."

Something sparked violently behind him causing a large crack . Everything powering the device seemed to be constantly on the verge of falling apart.

Doc-"A materia amplifier and power source powerful enough to cover a whole town in not one but two protective barriers. All this made from Junk, scrap and some intelligence. Shinra does not control technology we do, everyone does. Their own thoughts and ideas are what control how things like this are made. I will prove that technology is not something to be feared and also not something Shinra should miss you."

The field had reached its full size. No one in Wutai could miss it mainly for the light show it was giving off. There was no way barriers of this scale could be hidden so the sky was full of light, light that colours mixed and changed thanks to the intersecting of the two barriers. Though those with the Doctor had the best view. The rapid sparking and flashes of the lightening from the tesla coils lit up the whole room with a amazing light show through which to see the background of the barriers in the sky. The Doctor didnt seem to notice the bangs and noises, just the lights.

Doc-"My lady and everyone else. Embrace this moment, filter out the chaos and find the hidden beauty behind it. As right now we are doing something amazing. So we may as well get a good view out of it."

MetalGhost

Post#190 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:19 am

It was like a dream. At first the fear and surprise sent me into shock, but ironically the shock helped me to enjoy the view that much better. It was like being high. Complete dissociation but maintaining a specific and total focus. The shimmering tangibility of the rainbow given off by the magic barriers, the crackle and background hum of the machines straining to support the intense load, the static induced chills running across my neck and arms; all accounted for and experienced fully, but from the dubious safety of a completely detached perspective.

I don't remember much, but I can still see those oil reflection lights becoming the entire sky. I don't think I'll ever forget that image.

Alas, all good things must come to an end, and to an end it did indeed come. I eventually snapped out of my daze, shaking my head and slapping myself across the face to wake me back up. Zinaida appeared to be alright (for the moment), and nothing was on fire (yet), so that's good at least. I turn to the Doc and wave, hoping he's actually paying attention.

"So is this full power? How much damage can these barriers block out? How long can it be maintained?"

So I'm curious. Sue me. Doesn't mean I don't still think it's crazy.

Return to “Roleplay”