My Wutai RP Thread

A forum for roleplays, Final Fantasy VII themed or otherwise.

Moderator: Anguipes

Sephiroth9611

My Wutai RP Thread

Post#1 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:34 pm

OOC: Since discussion has died off, I'm just going to jump in...

Yohei had worked in the rice paddies outside of Wutai Village since he was a boy. The young man was the son of a farmer and his father had been the son of a farmer. So it went on back through the generations and Yohei saw nothing different for his own son once the time came for marriage and children. It was a good life.

It was warm that day as Yohei continued his work. He was the drummer, the one who kept time and led the song as the women planted the rice, bending over, putting the rice in place, backing up two steps, and then repeating. He wiped the sweat off his brow, feeling the sun on his back. Some of the young people of Yohei's hamlet said that automation in the form of machines sold by Shin-ra traveling salesmen was the answer, but Yohei sided with the elders who held that the traditional ways worked and didn't need fixing. Already too much of the old ways had been lost over the years as Shin-ra technology encroached on the Wutai way of life...
"Quite a thing to live in fear, isn't it? That's what it is to be a slave."
Since October 3rd, 2000 | An old Citadel board

SOLDIERofficer81
Unflinching Android Mode: OFF

Re: My Wutai RP Thread

Post#2 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:38 pm

Manzo stood along side Yohei during the planting. While Yohei beat a drum, Manzo strummed a stringed-instrument and sang the planting song. Between verses, a deep frown returned to his face again and again. Manzo frowned a lot these days. His eyes swept over the women doing the planting and stopped on a beautiful girl, his sixteen-years-old daughter Nikki. Manzo's frown deepened as he watched his precious offspring, knee-deep in the muck, bending over under the hot sun.

Nikki, this is no life for you! If only the village had decided to buy some machinering, you wouldn't have to slave in the fields. I could afford to send you away to school, maybe all the way to Midgar! A beauty like you, a Shin-ra executive would marry you and you'd never have to work hard again!
"Let us never miss a step. May we never lose our friends. This is our home, our haven, our Citadel."
Citadel denizen since October 5, 2000 | SOLDIER's Final Fantasy VII Messageboard

Ultimate Fantasy

Post#3 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:59 pm

The Doc groaned refusing to open his eyes and trying to ignore the sound of music which was making his head throb.

Doc- "Ergh 5 more minutes"

His head was pounding and his memory of the night before was a blur, all he knew was considerably shorter on cash and everyone he had talked to most likely thought he was was a made man. Though that wasn't unusual most people he met thought he was slightly insane. he knew he should try to act more normal so the people round here would actually trust him but he couldn't help at heart he was pretty sure he was actually insane so he just went with it. Being someone from Midgar living in Wutai made things difficult so no point in making them worse.

Doc-"Go away light"

He rolled over trying to hide from the light resulting in him rolling straight into the rice mud field having not remembered the fact he passed out on the edge of the field. After some splashing about the Doc gasped as he pulled himself into a sitting position in the mud.

Doc- "Well I guess that counts as a wake up call, sadly I don't think I can rely on breakfast in bed unless it's rice."

Doc wiped the mud off his glasses and looked down at himself. He looked at his right arm which had been dangling into the mud all night resulting in it being completely caked in the stuff.

Doc-"Thank god the thing is waterproof"

I probably like FF14 too much

Sephiroth9611

Post#4 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:33 pm

The day's work was at an end. The villagers started walking back together and Yohei caught up with Manzo's daughter Nikki. The young man smiled and commended the girl for the hard work she'd done and then moseyed on past her. He looked back over his shoulder and smiled once again and caught a smile in return.

She-it!

Looking pleased with himself, Yohei continued on. Up ahead, the villagers were walking around someone lying on the ground at the edge of the rice paddy. Just then the breeze stirred the air and Yohei's nose wrinkled at the scent.

Damn, that fool doctor's been here for ages and he still smells like metal and oil! And he's drunk too. Just another Shin-ra reject...

Yohei came up to the doc and called out, "Out of the way, you!"

Ultimate Fantasy

Post#5 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:05 pm

Doc- "You? who's that? I don't see anyone else. Though I am a bit hungover and I am not completely sure what I was drinking last night. I know at least at one point it tasted a bit like petrol, unleaded I think so I might have lost some of my eyesight. So if there is someone call You around I apologise for being rude"

He smirked as he pulled himself out of the mud onto the bank brushing himself off though the act was pointless he had way too much mud on him to brush off.

Doc- "What a fine morning though, well I think it's morning could depend on whether I haven't woken up in another reality which there is always a chance of."

The doc wiped some of the mud off his left hand on the grass though left his right as it was. He may be hungover to hell and back he he knew how much the villages disliked his mechanical arm. It reminded them of everything they hated about Shrina so it was safer to leave it covered and hidden in mud unless he wanted to end up back in the rice fields again.

Sephiroth9611

Post#6 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:17 pm

Yohei's brows started to furrow as the man talked in his gaijin accent . "You know better! Don't be a fool! Go be drunk elsewhere if that's all you want!" Losing patience, Yohei spat on the ground in front of the drunkard and then simply walked around back towards the village.

Shin-ra scum! Damn them and their machines, always moving in, always taking over!

Interrupting his train of thought, Yohei's stomach growled.

Mmmm, I'm hungry, I wonder if I have any riceballs left over at home...

Just then, a friend up ahead called out, "Hey, Yohei, some of us are heading to the Turtle later. Want to go along?"

Yohei looked up at the Wutai pagoda rising in the distance, several klicks away from his hamlet. He thought and then called out, "Sure, I'll see you guys later!"

Maybe Nikki will want to go with me?

Ultimate Fantasy

Post#7 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:21 pm

Doc- "The assumption of knowledge has lead to the downfall of many men so it might be safer to assume that i really don't know better"

He smirked again. The way the older villagers treated him he found interesting. The Doctor came offering medical help and he helps anyone who needs aid but the older villagers would throw it in his face and treat him just like shinra treated them. Doc never took offence by it, it was human nature something a lot of people these days did not understand. He let Yohei walk away he wasn't in the mood to start anything today, he had to go clean himself off.

Doc-" Two sides of a coin may be different but they are still the same coin and there is where the similarities lie."

The Doc had hope though as not all the villagers were treated him like Yohei did, the younger ones tended to like him. The Doc was the crazy man who would play with them and tell them about the wonders of the world. The elders did not like him talking to them but they were the next generation. If anyone was going to stop the current situation from reaching a boiling point it would be them.

Doc-"Now I guess I better get out of these clothes before I catch something"

At that he grinned spun round on the spot and headed off towards his surgery though a lot of people used that term loosely as it seemed more like a lab.

Madhouse

Post#8 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:19 pm

Niho was close to finishing the small wardrobe. He was no artist: the cabinet was nothing out of the ordinary, not for the people of Wutai, anyway. A plain, solid, wooden cabinet, lavished in crimson with some common ornaments. The only thing worth noting was the adorned blue dragon on top of the furniture. He had passed more time perfecting it than any other part of the wardrobe. In fact, never had he dedicated so much effort to one of his works. After reinforcing the bottom, he admired the dragon and smiled to himself. It was a long, scaly beast, with its mouth wide open to one side, and arms streched over to the other. He thinks it was rather an accurate representation of his own imagining of Leviathan.

"Our guardian god will be pleased." chuckled Niho's father, as he entered the shed. "But you must not become too fond of it: you need to deliver it tomorrow!" Niho laughed and greeted Nei. "It really is a nice piece of work." You could see in Nei's pride for his son swell as he inspected each corner of the furniture. "I don't think there is much more I can teach you." Niho smiled. He could not help feeling happy seeing his father approving his own work. "Maybe now it's time that I teach you?" Nei burst out what would be to those who don't know him a loud and almost offensive laughter. "You joke, but rest assured that not so many years from now it will be your turn to care for me!"

After a short conversation with his father, Niho proceeded to go to the Turtle. There he would rest from his hard work with his friends. There he was also sure to find another heated discussion about the use of Shinra technology...

MetalGhost

Post#9 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:56 am

I sigh happily as the late summer breeze hits my face. This is the life. I'd just finished copying all the letters, and now I was off to deliver them. My favorite part of the day. I ambled through the city, waving at the few people I had managed to make acquaintance with. It was a nice day. Probably a little warm for the people working in the fields, but for just walking around town it was perfect. Yet another of the many many benefits to living in the country rather than back at Midgar. Fresh air and sunshine. I whistled cheerfully.

About halfway through my route I see Doc, one of the few other people from Midgar that live in Wutai. I always get a little bit nervous around them. Haven't been recognized yet (or at least I don't think I have), but still, you can never be too careful. I wave at him though, just to be friendly. Looks like he's making his way back to his lab from another night of drinking, given his smell and the fact that he looks like he probably slept in the rice fields. Again. I shudder a little bit. While I have the occasional drink, getting that drunk is... unappealing to me. Probably one of the few remnants of my SOLDIER training that actually stuck. Hah.

Sephiroth9611

Post#10 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:09 am

After heading back to his place for a quick meal of riceballs, Yohei had spiffed himself up and paid a visit to Nikki at her home. Amid much giggling and sneaking about, the pair had covertly departed Manzo's house without Manzo knowing his daughter was leaving with a young man.

"Father will kill me if he finds out." Despite the direness of this statement, Nikki didn't look too concerned as she walked beside Yohei, her hand in his.

"He won't find out." Yohei grinned as they went around a corner and came to his scooter. It was an older model, beat up from years of abuse by other owners. It was his sole possession and he was proud that it was not Shin-ra made. That was the only reason why he allowed the luxury.

Yohei climbed on and kickstarted the scooter and Nikki sat down behind him. Due to the small seat, she was close to him as she put her arms around his waist. A breath in and her nice girl smell filled his nose. "Hold tight. Let's go!"

-----

The young people walked into the Turtle. Some of Yohei's pals were around and Nikki's little girlfriends were present. Everyone started chattering as food and drinks were ordered. Looking up, Yohei caught sight of Niho the artisan and he waved in greeting.

Return to “Roleplay”