RPing

A forum for roleplays, Final Fantasy VII themed or otherwise.

Moderator: Anguipes

Ultimate Fantasy

Re: RPing

Post#41 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:41 pm

Can I request a character creation thread mainly so i know who's character is who :P haha.

Specimen wrote:I'm very sorry for the uber-noob question, but do each of us create one character? Can we RP as characters created by other players? Can we RP as multiple characters? Can we RP in a different setting yet related to the topic (ex: in "Shinra News", roleplaying as the cameraman or a woman watching the news ; in "Wutai RP", rp as someone who lives in Corel but whose path will lead to Wutai?). Can the mods/DM delete or edit a post, so that it doesn't ruin the direction of the RP, so that it may perform a better conveyance?

This will be my first time roleplaying, so I'm completely clueless to the inherent rules.

From my experience the answers to your questions goes at follows: yes at first we all start with one character accept sometimes the DM, no unless the owner of the character or DM says you can stick to your own characters, that is usually allowed but as this is a small rp it os better to have all the characters at least start in the same area and lastly I guess they could but most of the time they will only step in and edit or delete a post of yours if you have been god modding. As rps can go anywhere (which is what I like about them) editing to change the rps direction isn't really done.

I probably like FF14 too much

Anguipes
Roleplay Moderator

Post#42 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:06 pm

[backseat DMing]

I think basic rules/etiquette, character sheets, and canon considerations should be decided on and kept in a post for reference.

[/backseat DMing]

But I will let SOLDIERofficer81 decide how he wants to run things.

Ultimate Fantasy

Post#43 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:21 pm

Anguipes wrote:[backseat DMing]

I think basic rules/etiquette, character sheets, and canon considerations should be decided on and kept in a post for reference.

[/backseat DMing]

I agree with the above makes things simpler if there ever comes to points where people are confused by characters abilities and what not :)

Also Anguipes will you be joining us in taking part in this adventure :P I can't actually remember many of your old characters now I think about it either so I am not sure what to expect haha

I probably like FF14 too much

SOLDIERofficer81
Unflinching Android Mode: OFF

Post#44 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:23 pm

Anguipes wrote:[backseat DMing]

[/backseat DMing]

Here are my ideas. Please contribute your own ideas and we'll get things together in a single post when we reach consensus.

Canon
Final Fantasy VII: The Game is canon. But since we're playing Wutai War, we have some leeway.

Rules
One character per player at a time.
No playing another player's character without permission.
Be considerate, give players a chance to catch up and reply before posting again.
Travel time is to be observed.

Character Sheets
I'm at a loss here. I've never used a character sheet here at the Citadel. If this is something everyone wants, cool. But someone will have to educate me.
"Let us never miss a step. May we never lose our friends. This is our home, our haven, our Citadel."
Citadel denizen since October 5, 2000 | SOLDIER's Final Fantasy VII Messageboard

R. Kasahara
Senpai will never notice you.
Forums Admin

Post#45 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:26 pm

SOLDIERofficer81 wrote:Character Sheets
I'm at a loss here. I've never used a character sheet here at the Citadel. If this is something everyone wants, cool. But someone will have to educate me.

I think maybe she means what we've always done here as the "Role Call"? Correct me if I'm wrong, though, Anguipes.

Anguipes
Roleplay Moderator

Post#46 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:28 pm

R. Kasahara wrote:
SOLDIERofficer81 wrote:Character Sheets

I think maybe she means what we've always done here as the "Role Call"? Correct me if I'm wrong, though, Anguipes.

That's what I mean :D

R. Kasahara
Forums Admin

Post#47 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:30 pm

I've got a question, since I'm considering participating as a canon character: around how old is Sephiroth in this point in time (since it seems that his age is something of a marker here)?

SOLDIERofficer81
Unflinching Android Mode: OFF

Post#48 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:33 pm

Awesome. I was cringing at the idea of having to deal with stats and dice and rolls. :D

My take on Sephiroth's age

I consider ol' Seph to be kinda-sorta mid 20s in the game. The War was finished kinda-sorta five years before the game. And the war lasted, I have no idea exactly how long the war lasted canon-wise. But let's say five years for convenience sake. That would put Seph in his mid-teens pre-War.
"Let us never miss a step. May we never lose our friends. This is our home, our haven, our Citadel."
Citadel denizen since October 5, 2000 | SOLDIER's Final Fantasy VII Messageboard

Sephiroth9611

Post#49 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:36 pm

Was the war only five years before game time? I thought it was in the past a bit more.
"Quite a thing to live in fear, isn't it? That's what it is to be a slave."
Since October 3rd, 2000 | An old Citadel board

R. Kasahara
Forums Admin

Post#50 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:38 pm

Sephiroth9611 wrote:Was the war only five years before game time? I thought it was in the past a bit more.

Yeah, it was going on at least since Aeris was a little girl.

Return to “Roleplay”