RPing

A forum for roleplays, Final Fantasy VII themed or otherwise.

Moderator: Anguipes

R. Kasahara
Senpai will never notice you.
Forums Admin

Re: RPing

Post#11 » Tue May 01, 2012 5:22 am

SOLDIERofficer81 wrote:But I did have the impression that there was a couple of players who seemed to know what was going on and their characters were driving the overall plot (maybe Reeve would know).

We did a lot of plot-hashing-out-type-stuff over AIM and via email. It was a bit "behind the scenes", while the real action took place in public at the RP subforum.

Ultimate Fantasy

Post#12 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:18 pm

Ah rping on here was fun how I miss it. I missed the earlier one ones which well worked. Though I did kick start it a little haha. I am still a big rp fan and do it on other sites when I have the time though done a FF7 one in ages. It's a pity the last one (actually think it might be one before last) died as it was going strong and had a cool layout it just seemed there was a fair of disagreement over what was happening story wise and a lot of people disappeared at once causing it to all fall apart.

I probably like FF14 too much

Keefy

Post#13 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:43 pm

I can never ever make promises I hold, but I might, just might mind, be interested if this started up again - as long as I'm a minor character.

I have vague recollections of engaging in short bursts of prolific activity with the RP stuff. I think I was involved, in a very tertiary manner, in 2 or 3 of the EZboard RPs. I strongly suspect that I used it to create childish super-characters, however. Hopefully I'm past that now.

MetalGhost

Post#14 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:28 am

Keefy wrote:I strongly suspect that I used it to create childish super-characters, however. Hopefully I'm past that now.

That's alright. I'll balance it out by making unnecessarily realistic and socially awkward characters. We'll make a great team.

SOLDIERofficer81

Post#15 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:50 am

I've been thinking about a storyline for a future RP. I'd love some input. If anyone has any ideas on who/what/where/when they'd like to play, send me a PM.
"Let us never miss a step. May we never lose our friends. This is our home, our haven, our Citadel."
Citadel denizen since October 5, 2000 | SOLDIER's Final Fantasy VII Messageboard

Anguipes
Roleplay Moderator

Post#16 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:25 am

I'd love to get involved in an FFVII RP again

The Slider
Serious Discussion Moderator

Post#17 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:54 am

I'd be keen too; regardless of the story line, it's been long enough that anything will seem fresh :)

Happy to commit - may I be flamed forever if I bail early!
aliveonthemoon; deadonthesun

R. Kasahara
Senpai will never notice you.
Forums Admin

Post#18 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:55 pm

If you all are serious about doing a new RP, I'll talk to Clidus about reinstating that forum. Also, Anquipes, we'd be more than happy to have you on again as Roleplay Moderator :)

Sephiroth9611

Post#19 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:49 pm

I have no preference as far as time period or story, but I would be up for playing a character. Make it so!
Since October 3rd, 2000 | "Quite a thing to live in fear, isn't it? That's what it is to be a slave."

Clidus
Site Admin

Post#20 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:03 am

Yo guys

I never got involved directly with RPing on the Citadel in the past, but I observed some of it and did a substantial amount of different RP's on another site. The ones we did on the other site were all single threads (I don't exactly understand how you manage a multiple thread RP). One or two people would come up with the initial RP scenario (the DM I guess? We never used that term but I guess its the same thing), people would post bios for their characters and when it had enough sign ups the DM would make a new thread (the actual RP, separate from the signup/discussion thread) and begin the story. Everyone would be pretty much free to start in their own locations and go in whatever direction they wanted, but the DM would push the major story forward by introducing events, sometimes outside of their own characters prospective. In some RPs character interaction and groupings happened naturally, in others it was forced by the DM.

OOC discussion would happen to help guide people or debate a certain issue, but usually we just let it flow naturally. Some DM's pushed a story arc harder than others, but either way they mostly worked out. People dropping out was an issue, especially if that character was critical to RP, so other players normally picked up discarded characters to keep things going. Not all RPs were successfully, but we produced some bloody good ones and they were all a lot of fun.

I'm totally up for creating an RP subforum if it's something you guys are interested in. The only reason it didn't come over from the previous board is no one was using it.

EDIT: I'm also open to not just doing FF7 RPs, although I'm sure that's what everyone has the most shared interest in. :)

Return to “Roleplay”