These rules are disclosed to clarify the various responsibilities of all community members here on The Final Fantasy VII Citadel Forums. They shall be adhered to by everyone to ensure that our board runs smoothly and provides a fun and productive experience for all of our community members and visitors.
The site does not own and cannot be held responsible for statements made and/or content posted by members on the forums. This site is offered as-is to the user. Any post and/or thread made on the forums may be edited, locked, moved, and/or removed at the discretion of the staff. Furthermore all users are expected to have read, understood, and agreed to these rules before posting.
We do NOT sell or distribute member information to any third party. If you have questions about any information contained on this page or in the FAQ, please send a private message with your question to a moderator or admin before posting. Questions on things not covered here or in the FAQ should be asked in the Support and Feedback subforum. #
- The site does not own and cannot be held responsible for statements made and/or content posted by members on the forums. This site is offered as-is to the user. Any post and/or thread made on the forums may be edited, locked, moved, and/or removed at the discretion of the staff. Furthermore all users are expected to have read, understood, and agreed to these rules before posting.
Forum rules and guidelines
If you want to be banned instantly, there are a number of ways you can go about it, including the following:
- post pornographic or sexually suggestive images (if you're not sure if something's porn or not, it is)
- post links to pirated software ("warez")
- threaten the users or staff in any way
- flame a staff member
- create and use more than one user account
- flood the forums with pointless posts
- be a spambot
There are other acts which are frowned upon here and may also get you banned if you do them frequently, such as:
- making pointless one-line posts that say things like "I agree" or "what's up?" or "hi, I'm new here"
- posting in the wrong subforum
- making completely off-topic replies to posts
- repeatedly replying to your own posts
- making posts just to advertise your own website, stream, fanworks, etc. (please restrict all such advertising to your user bio and/or signature)
- making posts to ask questions which are already answered in these guidelines
- being deliberately offensive, insulting, or bigoted
- complaining loudly about the board yet not leaving
- bossing people around and acting like a moderator when you aren't one
- just generally being an ass
- This board is equipped with a Private Message system which allows you to send messages to individual users. Use this when you have a specific question or comment for one person which isn't meant for anyone else on the board. Keep in mind that this isn't your own personal chat room, so conversations between only two people are best carried out via the PM system. If you have any questions to ask the mods and/or admins, do it by PM. #
When you're discussing something like a game, book, or film that involves potential plot spoilers, always make sure to hide the spoilers inside spoiler tags. This makes it so that someone has to highlight your post in order to read the hidden text. Failure to do this will probably earn you the everlasting hatred of people you ruin the surprise for, and woe be unto you if one of them is a mod or admin.
The only exceptions are for threads specific to Final Fantasy VII, but even then, if you are not sure whether or not something is a spoiler, it's best to err on the side of caution and use the tags. #
- Take care to check and see if there are any special rules for a forum before you post in it (if there are, they'll be in a stickied thread at the top of the forum). Follow whatever rules the mods have laid down, and be sure to listen to them when they give you advice or warnings about your posting behaviour. They get really peeved when you don't pay attention to them, but if you do then they'll love you forever. No, really! #
- If you want to be banned instantly, there are a number of ways you can go about it, including the following:
- When you break one of the less serious rules (i.e. the ones that won't get you banned forever) for the first time, usually you'll just get a warning from a moderator. If you do it again, you'll probably be temporarily banned for two weeks as a small punishment. If you do it a third time, however, all bets are off and you will probably be banned permanently if the administrators think it's appropriate. If this happens, no amount of argument will get us to change our minds. Sorry. #
- Please note that this Rules page is not all-inclusive. Don't forget the most important rule of all: use common sense when you post. Since it would take forever for us to list off every single possible no-no in these guidelines, we depend on you to use that big, expensive glucose sink sitting in that thickly armored hemisphere between your ears. Yeah, that means your brain. The forum administrators reserve the right to chastise or ban any user who fails to do this at their discretion. #
- If you have been banned, DO NOT create a new account to complain about your ban, as that will just result in a permanent ban from the board. If you feel that the ban was unfair or if you wish to know exactly why you were banned, contact an admin and calmly ask about it. Aside from that, the only thing you can do is wait for the ban to expire and make sure you know why it happened. #
- Special thanks to Matt (Stavro Mueller/Little Andy Danger/Reckless Rex) for contributing to this FAQ, which appeared on previous versions of these forums. #